DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Electronics funny. (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/634764-electronics-funny.html)

Dave Plowman (News) April 15th 19 01:57 PM

Electronics funny.

Been doing some checks. Each section of the stand (made from Speedframe)
does seem to be electrically insulated from others - due to the plastic
sleeves in the joints. Even although the joints are made of steel.

So what we effectively had was two bits of approx 6" long 1" square tube
bolted to the mounting brackets of the X/O, and making a reasonable
electrical connection. Forming if you want an 'H' shape. Wonder if this
was acting like an aerial? Picking up gawd knows what, of course.

--
*Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere may be happy.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Mike April 15th 19 07:55 PM

Electronics funny.

In article ,
says...

Been doing some checks. Each section of the stand (made from Speedframe)
does seem to be electrically insulated from others - due to the plastic
sleeves in the joints. Even although the joints are made of steel.

So what we effectively had was two bits of approx 6" long 1" square tube
bolted to the mounting brackets of the X/O, and making a reasonable
electrical connection. Forming if you want an 'H' shape. Wonder if this
was acting like an aerial? Picking up gawd knows what, of course.

I used to have a Behringer analogue mixer which had poor RF protection
on the mic inputs. Had to add ferrite beads and a few pFs. So perhaps
that's a design feature of Behringer kit.

--
Take the dog out.

Jac Brown April 16th 19 08:31 PM

Electronics funny.

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
Been doing some checks. Each section of the stand (made from Speedframe)
does seem to be electrically insulated from others - due to the plastic
sleeves in the joints. Even although the joints are made of steel.

So what we effectively had was two bits of approx 6" long 1" square tube
bolted to the mounting brackets of the X/O, and making a reasonable
electrical connection. Forming if you want an 'H' shape. Wonder if this
was acting like an aerial?

Very likely.

Picking up gawd knows what, of course.

The hash from some switch mode power supply somewhere.

Peeler[_3_] April 16th 19 09:47 PM

More Heavy Trolling by Senile Nym-Shifting Rot Speed!

On Wed, 17 Apr 2019 05:31:06 +1000, Jac Brown, better known as cantankerous

Been doing some checks. Each section of the stand (made from Speedframe)
does seem to be electrically insulated from others - due to the plastic
sleeves in the joints. Even although the joints are made of steel.

So what we effectively had was two bits of approx 6" long 1" square tube
bolted to the mounting brackets of the X/O, and making a reasonable
electrical connection. Forming if you want an 'H' shape. Wonder if this
was acting like an aerial?

Very likely.

You just HAD to open your stupid gob, regardless of what useless **** came
out of it again, eh, Rodent? GG