Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 21 Apr 2019 10:13:32 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

A tank that is *very* well protected against being ruptured in a collision
(hydrogen is highly explosive - R101, Hindenberg etc)

Not convinced

Darn, what can we do about that, senile Rodent? BG

--
Bill Wright addressing senile Ozzie cretin Rot Speed:
"Well you make up a lot of stuff and it's total ******** most of it."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Spare tyres and maximum speed limits

In article , The Natural Philosopher
scribeth thus
On 19/04/2019 17:05, tony sayer wrote:
In article , The Natural Philosopher
scribeth thus
On 18/04/2019 10:57, Tim Streater wrote:
That's just the one petrol station. Anyone know how many there are
across the country? Not that they'd all be using

essentially you can look at stats for trmspotrt fuel divide the energy
by about three* and end up with a national incease in grid capacity.

I made it that we would need to go to about 200GW capaciy from about
60GW to do EVERYTHING POSSIBLE by electricity.

So a long term tripling of overall grid capacity in the next 50 years or
so,.

And the very awkward question is where the **** is that going to come
from?...

your leccy bills of course

Are we what the grid can deliver or what the power stations can
produce?..

I'd have thought the latter, more the problem, the generation capacity
can hardly cope with a winters day load as it is anyway...

yes. It is in fact both. People do not spend money on building stuff
that isn't needed.

IF sensible policies are followed and there is a real market for non
subsidised electric cars, infrastructure will be rolled out to cope as
and when needed.

Generation or distribution?.

If generation what's the prime mover?

Nuke;?..

--
Tony Sayer

ATTN: Rod Speed - speed limits in Australia Rod Speed UK diy 21 May 21st 17 07:52 PM
Rod Speed - speed limits in Australia Brian Gaff UK diy 2 May 21st 17 12:15 PM
speed limits fred[_8_] UK diy 19 January 18th 13 10:37 AM
Does the police hassle drivers for driving below speed limits Pete C. Metalworking 18 February 28th 10 02:38 AM
Forced Hot Water Heating System: What Temp Limits,, And What Should Pressure Be At Limits ? m Ransley Home Repair 1 September 21st 04 11:17 PM