Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

Default Laser Levels (again)

I can't seem to find a reasonably-priced laser device, say £50 or under,
that will do both ...
Measure distances
Throw out a cross beam
(horizontal & vertical, preferably self-levelling)
.... and has good reviews in Amazon, B&Q, Screwfix, ToolStation, etc.

Is there such a beast?

I've seen, for example ...

Level:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Distance-BE...f=sr_1_17_sspa

.... but not both functions in one box.

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

On 06/04/2019 23:05, Java Jive wrote:
I can't seem to find a reasonably-priced laser device, say £50 or under,
that will do both ...
Â*Â*Â*Â*Measure distances
Â*Â*Â*Â*Throw out a cross beam
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* (horizontal & vertical, preferably self-levelling)
... and has good reviews in Amazon, B&Q, Screwfix, ToolStation, etc.

Is there such a beast?

I've seen, for example ...

Level:
Â*Â*Â*Â*https://www.amazon.co.uk/Distance-BE...f=sr_1_17_sspa

... but not both functions in one box.

I ended up paying £250. I needed better accuracy than the cheap ones have.

Bill
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 07/04/2019 04:29, Bill Wright wrote:
On 06/04/2019 23:05, Java Jive wrote:
I can't seem to find a reasonably-priced laser device, say £50 or
under, that will do both ...
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Measure distances
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Throw out a cross beam
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* (horizontal & vertical, preferably self-levelling)

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*https://www.amazon.co.uk/Distance-BE...f=sr_1_17_sspa

... but not both functions in one box.

I ended up paying £250. I needed better accuracy than the cheap ones have.

My level was about £100. I am OK with the accuracy but it's sometimes
difficult to see the laser in a well lit room.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

Java Jive wrote:

I can't seem to find a reasonably-priced laser device, say £50 or under,
that will do both ...
Â*Â*Â*Â*Measure distances
Â*Â*Â*Â*Throw out a cross beam

Don't think I've seen one that attempts to do, what are really, two
unrelated jobs, beware of Cash Convertors who seem unable to tell the
difference between the two functions.
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

On 07/04/2019 08:56, ARW wrote:
On 07/04/2019 04:29, Bill Wright wrote:
On 06/04/2019 23:05, Java Jive wrote:
I can't seem to find a reasonably-priced laser device, say £50 or
under, that will do both ...
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Measure distances
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Throw out a cross beam
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* (horizontal & vertical, preferably self-levelling)
... and has good reviews in Amazon, B&Q, Screwfix, ToolStation, etc.

Is there such a beast?

I've seen, for example ...

Level:
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*https://www.amazon.co.uk/Distance-BE...f=sr_1_17_sspa

... but not both functions in one box.

I ended up paying £250. I needed better accuracy than the cheap ones
have.

My level was about £100. I am OK with the accuracy but it's sometimes
difficult to see the laser in a well lit room.

The peril sensitive red sunglasses help a lot (assuming it is a red
one). Green laser light is a bit easier to see.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 07/04/2019 09:15, Martin Brown wrote:
On 07/04/2019 08:56, ARW wrote:
[...]

A relaxed attitude to danger.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

On 06/04/2019 23:05, Java Jive wrote:
I can't seem to find a reasonably-priced laser device, say £50 or under,
that will do both ...
Measure distances
Throw out a cross beam
(horizontal& vertical, preferably self-levelling)
... and has good reviews in Amazon, B&Q, Screwfix, ToolStation, etc.

Is there such a beast?

I am not sure the two functions are directly compatible. If you have a
cross beam there will be a distance further along the beam which will be
greater than the distance immediately in front of the device - unless
the geometry of where it is being projected dictates that where the beam
shows is at an angle to the projector.

I am happy to be proved wrong, but I would guess that the complaints of
the amateurs misusing a combined device would outweigh the praise of the
ones who would use it properly.

Jim
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

On 07/04/2019 10:33, Indy Jess John wrote:

I am happy to be proved wrong, but I would guess that the complaints of
the amateurs misusing a combined device would outweigh the praise of the
ones who would use it properly.

Or even "professionals". At the end of January had 3 quotes for whole
house double glazing, including doors. One of the salesmen (not
surveyor) managed to get the size of 4 windows wrong by -10% using a
laser distance measure. The other two salesmen used a metal tape measure.

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

On 06/04/2019 23:05, Java Jive wrote:
I can't seem to find a reasonably-priced laser device, say £50 or under,
that will do both ...
Â*Â*Â*Â*Measure distances
Â*Â*Â*Â*Throw out a cross beam
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* (horizontal & vertical, preferably self-levelling)
... and has good reviews in Amazon, B&Q, Screwfix, ToolStation, etc.

Is there such a beast?

I've seen, for example ...

Oops ...

Level:

Measu

Â*Â*Â*Â*https://www.amazon.co.uk/Distance-BE...f=sr_1_17_sspa

... but not both functions in one box.

Thanks for all the replies, I suspect I'll concentrate on the x-beam for
now, but it has been driving me mad trying measure up for the new hot
water tank and bath. You'd've thought at 6'4"/1.93m that my arms would
be long enough, but what actually happens is that I hook the tape under
something, walk to the other end of the distance, and, usually just as
I'm leaning over to read off the distance, the other end pops out, the
tape winds up, on one occasion when I was too slow to react even cutting
my thumb sufficiently for it to bleed, and I curse and have to begin again.

Lately I'm beginning to feel that if others could see my movements I'd
appear like a cartoon character or an extra in a Charlie Chaplin film!
However, after reading here how some others are suffering (sympathies!)
I really can't complain - my respiratory system is rather flaky and I
bring up stuff each day, and I need glasses to read the tape measure,
etc, and recalling things on demand like the names of books and films is
rather hit and miss, but at least I can walk and drive significant
distances, and my mind is still there, somewhere or other ...

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

On 07/04/2019 12:33, Java Jive wrote:
On 06/04/2019 23:05, Java Jive wrote:
I can't seem to find a reasonably-priced laser device, say £50 or
under, that will do both ...
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Measure distances
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Throw out a cross beam
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* (horizontal & vertical, preferably self-levelling)
... and has good reviews in Amazon, B&Q, Screwfix, ToolStation, etc.

Is there such a beast?

I've seen, for example ...

Oops ...

Level:

Measu

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*https://www.amazon.co.uk/Distance-BE...f=sr_1_17_sspa

... but not both functions in one box.

Thanks for all the replies, I suspect I'll concentrate on the x-beam for
now, but it has been driving me mad trying measure up for the new hot
water tank and bath.Â* You'd've thought at 6'4"/1.93m that my arms would
be long enough, but what actually happens is that I hook the tape under
something, walk to the other end of the distance, and, usually just as
I'm leaning over to read off the distance, the other end pops out, the
tape winds up, on one occasion when I was too slow to react even cutting
my thumb sufficiently for it to bleed, and I curse and have to begin again.

You need a better tape with more stand out.
then it will be self supporting over that sort of distance and have a
proper lock so it doesn't retract suddenly.
This one has a 3m stand out..

https://www.screwfix.com/p/stanley-f...-measure/9999k

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Java Jive wrote:

but what actually happens is that I hook the tape under
something, walk to the other end of the distance, and, usually just as
I'm leaning over to read off the distance, the other end pops out,

1) Better tape with a hook-end that has *teeth*?
2) Gaffer tape it down?
3) Small veneer pin/nail through hole in end?

tape winds up, on one occasion when I was too slow to react even cutting
my thumb sufficiently for it to bleed, and I curse and have to begin again.

It's not just the end that wants a blood sacrifice, it's the edges of
the tape. Like a paper cut, but worse.

Mike Brown: mjb[-at-]signal11.org.uk | http://www.signal11.org.uk
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

Mike wrote:

Java Jive wrote:

I hook the tape under something, walk to the other end of the
distance, and, usually just as I'm leaning over to read off the
distance, the other end pops out

1) Better tape with a hook-end that has *teeth*?
2) Gaffer tape it down?
3) Small veneer pin/nail through hole in end?

Not that there's anything wrong with buying a laser measure as a toy^Hol
to make it easier when you have no assistant, my secondhand DLE40 has
been a boon at times.
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

On 07/04/2019 13:04, dennis@home wrote:
On 07/04/2019 12:33, Java Jive wrote:
On 06/04/2019 23:05, Java Jive wrote:
I can't seem to find a reasonably-priced laser device, say £50 or
under, that will do both ...
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Measure distances
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Throw out a cross beam
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* (horizontal & vertical, preferably self-levelling)
... and has good reviews in Amazon, B&Q, Screwfix, ToolStation, etc.

Is there such a beast?

I've seen, for example ...

Oops ...

Level:

Measu

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*https://www.amazon.co.uk/Distance-BE...f=sr_1_17_sspa

... but not both functions in one box.

Thanks for all the replies, I suspect I'll concentrate on the x-beam
for now, but it has been driving me mad trying measure up for the new
hot water tank and bath.Â* You'd've thought at 6'4"/1.93m that my arms
would be long enough, but what actually happens is that I hook the
tape under something, walk to the other end of the distance, and,
usually just as I'm leaning over to read off the distance, the other
end pops out, the tape winds up, on one occasion when I was too slow
to react even cutting my thumb sufficiently for it to bleed, and I
curse and have to begin again.

You need a better tape with more stand out.
then it will be self supporting over that sort of distance and have a
proper lock so it doesn't retract suddenly.
This one has a 3m stand out..

https://www.screwfix.com/p/stanley-f...-measure/9999k

Hook the end of the tape over a piece of garden cane slightly less than
the width of the room, or whatever, hold in place with a bit of
tape then hold it againts the far wall using the cane, then measure the
width where you are standing.
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

On 07/04/2019 09:15, Martin Brown wrote:

My level was about £100. I am OK with the accuracy but it's sometimes
difficult to see the laser in a well lit room.

The peril sensitive red sunglasses help a lot (assuming it is a red
one). Green laser light is a bit easier to see.

Always use a detector outdoors. Even when the laser is visible it's a
lot easier with a detector.

Bill
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

On 06/04/2019 23:05, Java Jive wrote:
I can't seem to find a reasonably-priced laser device, say £50 or under,
that will do both ...
Â*Â*Â*Â*Measure distances
Â*Â*Â*Â*Throw out a cross beam
Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* (horizontal & vertical, preferably self-levelling)
... and has good reviews in Amazon, B&Q, Screwfix, ToolStation, etc.

Is there such a beast?

I have not ever seen one - although there are some range finders that
also include an inclinometer so that you can use them as a level of
sorts. IIRC Bosch do one that plugs into a level to convert it into one
- however that gives you a more traditional level with range finding
rather than a level line projector.

e.g.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/bosch-glm...it-level/1338k

I've seen, for example ...

Level:
Â*Â*Â*Â*https://www.amazon.co.uk/Distance-BE...f=sr_1_17_sspa

... but not both functions in one box.

The optics required for the two functions are quite different. As are
the mechanics required for self levelling.

Last time I needed to do a fair bit of tiling I treated myself to one
like this:

https://www.screwfix.com/p/bosch-gcl...ne-laser/9780p

It works very nicely - and the base allows for very smooth and accurate
rotation of the device. I can do lines on both axis as well as
perpendicular floor and ceiling pin point dots.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 7 April 2019 19:34:08 UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:

Last year I bought a Huepar BOX-1G from Amazon. It is compact, reasonably
priced and more accurate than many much more expensive laser levels.

Don't bother with the green glasses - I don't find them very useful.

A matching detector is available for outdoor use.

John
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

[...]

I use currently a Stanley 3.5m PowerLock 33-215 tape, but find problems
with it.

As already indicated, it's forever coming off from whatever I try and
hook it on.

The catch plate on the end moves, as they all seem to do - I presume
that is to offset for the thickness of the catch plate itself, about 1mm
but nevertheless my measurements when translated into, say, a piece of
cut timber, can sometimes correspondingly be 1mm out - annoying if
it's a vertical stud, too loose and it's difficult to mount right for
nailing or screwing in, too tight and it won't go into the gap. For
this reason, I tend to prefer to measure from the 20mm mark, but of
course that's not really possible when measuring a distance that your
arms can't straddle.

More generally, I have previously been in the habit of thinking of
Stanley as being a good brand, but some of the reviews that I've read
recently on Amazon, B&Q, ScrewFix, and ToolStation for various pieces of
Stanley kit knock it as being cheap, shoddy, and therefore failing
early. Their x-beam levels are a case in point - some cheaper models,
including the one I linked above, have a 100% or near approval rating
for between 19 and 40 reviews, but the Stanley ones get as many as 50
thumbs downs in 200, 1 in 4 or 25% negative reviews.

Having read the negative reviews of these x-beam levels, they fall
mainly into categories:

:-( Model specific - build quality, etc
(no problem there, just buy different);

:-( Difficulty in getting the beam to be projected at 90 degrees to
the wall at the height that the work to be done requires;

:-( Floating beam wobbles, while ...
:-( ... difficult not to move beam off level when locking the device
to stop the beam wobbling;

:-( Dimness of beam in good lighting.

What are people's experiences of these issues?
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

On 07/04/2019 21:43, Java Jive wrote:

The catch plate on the end moves, as they all seem to do - I presume
that is to offset for the thickness of the catch plate itself,

It is arranged so that if you pull on the tape, the zero point is on the
reel side of the hook, and if you push on the tape (for internal
measurements, for instance the interior of a drawer) the zero point is
the far side of the hook and you have to add on the stated size of the
reel to the measurement you see at the point where the tape goes into
the reel.

Jim
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

Java Jive wrote:
[...]

Well it shouldnt be. The catch plate moves (by the thickness of the
plate) to allow accurate internal and external measurement.

If it didnt move youd have to compensate for the thickness of the plate
depending on the type of measurement that youre doing.

Are you adding your own correction? That would account for you being 1mm
out at times.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

On 07/04/2019 22:18, Tim+ wrote:

Java Jive wrote:

The catch plate on the end moves, as they all seem to do - I presume
that is to offset for the thickness of the catch plate itself, about 1mm
but nevertheless my measurements when translated into, say, a piece of
cut timber, can sometimes correspondingly be 1mm out

Well it shouldnt be. The catch plate moves (by the thickness of the
plate) to allow accurate internal and external measurement.

As I supposed.

If it didnt move youd have to compensate for the thickness of the plate
depending on the type of measurement that youre doing.

Are you adding your own correction? That would account for you being 1mm
out at times.

No.

A typical example is this. In the corner where the hot water tank will
go, I've removed the old asbestos and plasterboard, leaving exposed a
wall consisting of cross beams along the floor and ceiling, with
vertical studs between them. However, I need some extra vertical studs,
to provide backing to mount weight-bearing things on, etc. I measured
the space between the top and bottom cross-beams three ways, top to
bottom, bottom to top, and bottom of floor beam to top and subtracting
the thickness of the beam. Finally I was satisfied that I was getting
good agreement, measured the beam and cut it, allowing for the thickness
of the saw cut, and yet it's about 1mm short, so the new studs are loose
not snug between the two. It's not the end of the world, they fit
better than many of the existing studs, but it's irritating none the
less, because they will tend to move about while being fixed, and
therefore extra care will be needed compared with if I'd been able to
measure and cut them more accurately.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/04/2019 19:34, John Rumm wrote:

Last time I needed to do a fair bit of tiling I treated myself to one
like this:

https://www.screwfix.com/p/bosch-gcl...ne-laser/9780p

It works very nicely - and the base allows for very smooth and accurate
rotation of the device. I can do lines on both axis as well as
perpendicular floor and ceiling pin point dots.

Aren't they a bit of a pain in, say, Victorian homes where nothing is
especially parallel/level? I tend to line things up by eye, and try as
best as I can to achieve horizontal for things like shelves.

--
Cheers, Rob
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

Java Jive wrote:

Difficulty in getting the beam to be projected at 90 degrees to the wall
at the height that the work to be done requires;

Tripod

Floating beam wobbles, while ...

Mine only wobbles if you jump up and down near it

difficult not to move beam off level when locking the device
to stop the beam wobbling;

Better to leave it unlocked so the self-levelling can do its thing, they
tend to flash if the position is too far out for it to cope, the locking
is only for when not in use, or if you somehow want to project a
straight (rather than level) line without it flashing.

Dimness of beam in good lighting.

Red ones are generally ok indoors, you'll have to wait until dusk if you
want to use outdoors or use a reflective target, green ones look much
better never seen one in the flesh.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

In article ,
Java Jive wrote:
I measured
the space between the top and bottom cross-beams three ways, top to
bottom, bottom to top, and bottom of floor beam to top and subtracting
the thickness of the beam. Finally I was satisfied that I was getting
good agreement, measured the beam and cut it, allowing for the thickness
of the saw cut, and yet it's about 1mm short, so the new studs are loose
not snug between the two.

Try switching to "Measure once, cut twice!" ...

If you need it to be a tight fit, cutting it slightly oversize and
then test fitting/knocking it down a touch would be one way.

Or just add that 1mm in the first place.
Mike Brown: mjb[-at-]signal11.org.uk | http://www.signal11.org.uk
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.digital-tv

Mike wrote:

If you need it to be a tight fit, cutting it slightly oversize and
then test fitting/knocking it down a touch would be one way.

Or just add that 1mm in the first place.

Or buy a bag of packers

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

[...]

The catch plate on the end moves, as they all seem to doÂ* -Â* I presume
that is to offset for the thickness of the catch plate itself, about 1mm

Yup, that is intended to allow the correct measurement be take for both
internal and external applications. However it does mean if measuring
say the width of an alcove you have to make sure its pushed against the
wall rather than pulled from a fixing on it.

but nevertheless my measurements when translated into, say, a piece of
cut timber, can sometimes correspondingly be 1mm outÂ* -Â* annoying if
it's a vertical stud, too loose and it's difficult to mount right for
nailing or screwing in, too tight and it won't go into the gap.Â* For
this reason, I tend to prefer to measure from the 20mm mark, but of
course that's not really possible when measuring a distance that your
arms can't straddle.

Alas many of the laser rules are only accurate to about 1.5mm

More generally, I have previously been in the habit of thinking of
Stanley as being a good brand, but some of the reviews that I've read
recently on Amazon, B&Q, ScrewFix, and ToolStation for various pieces of
Stanley kit knock it as being cheap, shoddy, and therefore failing

Stanley is owned by B&D these days IIRC. So chances are they use it to
badge all kinds of stuff sourced from the usual suspects.

early.Â* Their x-beam levels are a case in pointÂ* -Â* some cheaper models,
including the one I linked above, have a 100% or near approval rating
for between 19 and 40 reviews, but the Stanley ones get as many as 50
thumbs downs in 200, 1 in 4 or 25% negative reviews.

Having read the negative reviews of these x-beam levels, they fall
mainly into categories:

Â*:-(Â*Â*Â* Model specific - build quality, etc
Â*Â*Â*Â*(no problem there, just buy different);

Â*:-(Â*Â*Â* Difficulty in getting the beam to be projected at 90 degrees to
the wall at the height that the work to be done requires;

Â*:-(Â*Â*Â* Floating beam wobbles, while ...
Â*:-(Â*Â*Â* ... difficult not to move beam off level when locking the
device to stop the beam wobbling;

Â*:-(Â*Â*Â* Dimness of beam in good lighting.

What are people's experiences of these issues?

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

On 08/04/2019 07:21, Andy Burns wrote:
Java Jive wrote:

Difficulty in getting the beam to be projected at 90 degrees to the
wall at the height that the work to be done requires;

Tripod

Floating beam wobbles, while ...

Mine only wobbles if you jump up and down near it

difficult not to move beam off level when locking the device to stop
the beam wobbling;

Better to leave it unlocked so the self-levelling can do its thing, they
tend to flash if the position is too far out for it to cope, the locking
is only for when not in use, or if you somehow want to project a
straight (rather than level) line without it flashing.

Dimness of beam in good lighting.

Red ones are generally ok indoors, you'll have to wait until dusk if you
want to use outdoors or use a reflective target, green ones look much
better never seen one in the flesh.

You could put my 2.5w blue laser in one, then you could use the burn
marks without needing a pencil.

The trouble I see is that they only project a straight line on a wall if
they are exactly level. Otherwise the line curves across the wall.
I have seen one where you hang it on the wall and it throws a straight
line across the wall at whatever angle you twist it to. I think that
they are probably easier to use.

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

On 08/04/2019 07:21, Andy Burns wrote:

Red ones are generally ok indoors, you'll have to wait until dusk if you
want to use outdoors or use a reflective target, green ones look much
better never seen one in the flesh.

Use a detector if the laser can produce a modulated beam.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/04/2019 22:55, RJH wrote:

Aren't they a bit of a pain in, say, Victorian homes where nothing is
especially parallel/level? I tend to line things up by eye, and try as
best as I can to achieve horizontal for things like shelves.

I line things up with the nearest vertical or horizontal.

Putting rectangular shelves near a corner that isn't a right angle is a
real art

But most people's houses aren't as bent as ours.

Andy
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

On 06/04/2019 23:05, Java Jive wrote:

[...]

I've seen, for example ...

Level:
Â*Â*Â*Â*https://www.amazon.co.uk/Distance-BE...f=sr_1_17_sspa

I can now report back that finally I went for ...

X-Beam Level (as above):
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DLX4SDT

Listed as Vorstek as above, but badged Hanmer LV2. So far, limited use
but excellent, particularly for the price.

Measure (finally chose model with better ratings than above):
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B076Z937LY

So far, even more limited use, but given the doubts about the accuracy
of these things, I've specifically checked that over a room width of
about 3m, and it's accurate to less than 1mm over that distance, as far
as I could judge, probably to around 0.25mm.

The cross-beam level has been an almost miraculous help getting the fall
right on the tundish outfall in my bathroom, which has to go 2m within
the partition wall from the corner where the new tank will go along the
length of the bath and then a further 700mm through an old stone wall,
and over that distance it has to be accurate to within about 1cm,
because it has to be below the attachment points on the tank, have the
correct fall, yet has to exit at a minimum height within the room to
come out above a lean-to roof outside. The wall section part is proving
*very* difficult, because of the hardness of the stone, and on & off
I've been working at it in bouts for days, but I'm very nearly there now.
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

Â*Â*Â*Â*https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B076Z937LY

So far, even more limited use, but given the doubts about the accuracy
of these things, I've specifically checked that over a room width of
about 3m, and it's accurate to less than 1mm over that distance, as far
as I could judge, probably to around 0.25mm.

And Earthquake proof according to the spec! :-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B076Z937LY

So far, even more limited use, but given the doubts about the accuracy
of these things, I've specifically checked that over a room width of
about 3m, and it's accurate to less than 1mm over that distance, as
far as I could judge, probably to around 0.25mm.

And Earthquake proof according to the spec! :-)

Apart from anything else, what would be left to measure? Maybe I'll
skip on testing that :-)

Laser levels - recommendations [email protected] UK diy 13 April 5th 05 10:03 PM
Draper laser levels Richard UK diy 5 March 13th 05 12:35 PM
Laser levels Dan Hartung Home Repair 17 December 23rd 04 04:16 AM
Screwfix laser levels - any good? Dave UK diy 21 September 5th 04 10:51 PM
laser levels in2minds UK diy 10 August 22nd 03 07:50 PM