Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Confirm, old fuel

Jeff Layman wrote:
On 22/03/19 20:32, Fredxx wrote:
On 22/03/2019 20:14, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 22/03/19 17:59, ss wrote:
I have some old fuel (approx 1 x litre) in a can.
To avoid the hassle of going to a recycle place would I be ok to shove
it my petrol car when I have a full tank.
The litre is possibly 2 stroke mix as it has a reddish tinge, its
leftovers from a small generator.

If it's leaded it will do your catalytic converter no good at all.

Just how long ago was leaded on sale? It is leaded, perhaps it should be
better given to a museum?

Evidently if was withdrawn from sale in 2000. I'm pretty sure I've got
bottles and other containers in the garage a /lot/ older than that!

It has been available in about half dozen locations far more recently than
that and may still be.

I last passed this place about 18 months ago.

https://goo.gl/maps/jxTafsHtahG2.

Presumably there must be a reasonable customer base with old classic
vehicles around these rare places.

GH

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 26 Mar 2019 06:47:49 +0000
Andy Burns wrote:

The best redneck vs petrol videos involve pouring lots of it over
your bonfire, then giving the vapour plenty of time to spread (while
you put the can back in the shed, fetch your lighter, swig your beer
etc) before lighting it up, e.g.

https://youtu.be/UH4Hw9s8OAM

I had that one in mind - I imagine it was a fairly warm and windless
day, he did seem to use more petrol than he really needed. :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"newshound" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 22/03/2019 17:59, ss wrote:
I have some old fuel (approx 1 x litre) in a can.
To avoid the hassle of going to a recycle place would I be ok to shove it
my petrol car when I have a full tank.
The litre is possibly 2 stroke mix as it has a reddish tinge, its
leftovers from a small generator.

I would only use it in a lawnmower or similar. No need to go to a disposal
place, stick it in the garden in a shallow open tray and let it evaporate.

Better to pour it on the dirt where you dont want to grow anything.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26 Mar 2019 15:10:53 GMT, Marland wrote:

On 22/03/19 17:59, ss wrote:
[...]

Lots of info here on availability. It is very expensive (4 quid a litre)

http://www.fbhvc.co.uk/legislation-and-fuels/fuels/

Or buy your own Tetra-Ethyl Lead here

http://tetraboost.com/tetraboost-e-guard-15/

Ethanol in modern fuel also tends to cause issues with fuel system seals and
hoses that would otherwise survive for decades.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Psychopathic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Wed, 27 Mar 2019 04:12:58 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

I would only use it in a lawnmower or similar. No need to go to a disposal
place, stick it in the garden in a shallow open tray and let it evaporate.

Better to pour it on the dirt where you donąt want to grow anything.

LMAO! And the senile asshole from Oz HAD to go one better, AGAIN!

--
FredXX to Rot Speed:
"You are still an idiot and an embarrassment to your country. No wonder