Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Plastic caps for concrete screws.

I ordered some concrete screws on ebay for installing a plastic door
frame and a window frame. They came with some little plastic caps for
fitting in the screws torx slots. I have done the screws up to the point
where the shoulder of screws just presses on the frames. Is this correct
as the caps would be better if the screw was counter sunk so that the
cap just touches the surrounding plastic?

--
Michael Chare
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Michael Chare wrote:
I ordered some concrete screws on ebay for installing a plastic door
frame and a window frame.Â* They came with some little plastic caps for
fitting in the screws torx slots. I have done the screws up to the point
where the shoulder of screws just presses on the frames. Is this correct
as the caps would be better if the screw was counter sunk so that the
cap just touches the surrounding plastic?

Yes
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Why bother, the screws in the window frames will be concealed once the glass goes in and the ones in the door frame will only be seen when the door is open along with all the other screws that hold the hardware in place?

Richard