Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mini tesla coil

Built one of these. Seemed like a good idea at the time.
http://www.56dz.com/index.php?g=mobi...a=show&id=4106 or
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Tesla-...-/272386963026

It makes pretty blue sparks, I can play music through it very faintly and I
can burn finger flesh.

Any suggestions for other uses (or is that about it)?

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Built one of these. Seemed like a good idea at the time.
http://www.56dz.com/index.php?g=mobi...a=show&id=4106 or
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Tesla-...-/272386963026

It makes pretty blue sparks, I can play music through it very faintly and I
can burn finger flesh.

Any suggestions for other uses (or is that about it)?

Tim

Connect an aerial (long wire) and earth to it and find out how far
away it wipes out TV & radio reception (?)

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 19 March 2019 14:08:11 UTC, Tim+ wrote:
Built one of these. Seemed like a good idea at the time.
http://www.56dz.com/index.php?g=mobi...a=show&id=4106 or
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Tesla-...-/272386963026

It makes pretty blue sparks, I can play music through it very faintly and I
can burn finger flesh.

Any suggestions for other uses (or is that about it)?

Tim

Add a couple of bits & you have a violet ray machine. Very handy.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/03/2019 14:08, Tim+ wrote:
Built one of these. Seemed like a good idea at the time.
http://www.56dz.com/index.php?g=mobi...a=show&id=4106 or
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Tesla-...-/272386963026

It makes pretty blue sparks,

Electrical Discharge Machining?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpHYBz7ToII

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/03/2019 19:43, wrote:
On Tuesday, 19 March 2019 14:08:11 UTC, Tim+ wrote:
Built one of these. Seemed like a good idea at the time.
http://www.56dz.com/index.php?g=mobi...a=show&id=4106 or
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Tesla-...-/272386963026

It makes pretty blue sparks, I can play music through it very faintly and I
can burn finger flesh.

Any suggestions for other uses (or is that about it)?

Tim

Add a couple of bits & you have a violet ray machine. Very handy.

Not as handy as a blue ray machine

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Well some folk suggest that they are interesting if current limited as'
sensual toys' I don't think I'll say more but look up violet wand. A whole
new area of DIY a suspect.
It is indeed a very varied and interesting world we live in.

Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Tim+" wrote in message
Built one of these. Seemed like a good idea at the time.
http://www.56dz.com/index.php?g=mobi...a=show&id=4106 or
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Tesla-...-/272386963026

It makes pretty blue sparks, I can play music through it very faintly and
can burn finger flesh.

Any suggestions for other uses (or is that about it)?

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Posted to uk.d-i-y

How about a fly killer device?
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
On Tue, 19 Mar 2019 16:00:02 +0000, Graham.
wrote:

Built one of these. Seemed like a good idea at the time.
http://www.56dz.com/index.php?g=mobi...a=show&id=4106 or
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Tesla-...-/272386963026

It makes pretty blue sparks, I can play music through it very faintly and
can burn finger flesh.

Any suggestions for other uses (or is that about it)?

Tim

Connect an aerial (long wire) and earth to it and find out how far
away it wipes out TV & radio reception (?)

I was thinking along similar lines. Best not tell the neighbours.

--

Chris

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Well that depends on what your proclivities are I suppose.
Watch the ozone though.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Andy Bennet" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 19/03/2019 19:43,
wrote:
On Tuesday, 19 March 2019 14:08:11 UTC, Tim+ wrote:
Built one of these. Seemed like a good idea at the time.
http://www.56dz.com/index.php?g=mobi...a=show&id=4106 or
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Tesla-...-/272386963026

It makes pretty blue sparks, I can play music through it very faintly
and I
can burn finger flesh.

Any suggestions for other uses (or is that about it)?

Tim

Add a couple of bits & you have a violet ray machine. Very handy.

Not as handy as a blue ray machine

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 20 March 2019 07:44:39 UTC, Brian Gaff wrote:
"Tim+" wrote in message

Built one of these. Seemed like a good idea at the time.
http://www.56dz.com/index.php?g=mobi...a=show&id=4106 or
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Tesla-...-/272386963026

It makes pretty blue sparks, I can play music through it very faintly and
can burn finger flesh.

Any suggestions for other uses (or is that about it)?

Tim

Well some folk suggest that they are interesting if current limited as'
sensual toys' I don't think I'll say more but look up violet wand. A whole
new area of DIY a suspect.
It is indeed a very varied and interesting world we live in.

Brian

They're more useful as medical equipment.

NT