DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   moth balls (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/633055-moth-balls.html)

fred[_8_] March 19th 19 06:59 AM

moth balls

Are they really effective at controlling rust on tools ?

Brian Gaff March 19th 19 07:51 AM

moth balls

What? Who said that?
Can you still find mothballs?

I thought they had been banned in case children ate them as sweets.

I did not know Moths had balls...
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!

Andy Burns[_13_] March 19th 19 07:53 AM

moth balls

Brian Gaff wrote:

Can you still find mothballs?

I bet Alexa can ...

Rod Speed March 19th 19 08:54 AM

moth balls

fred wrote

Are they really effective at controlling rust on tools ?

Nope. And you arent allowed to rip out moth balls
to protect your tools anyway now, you arsehole.

Peeler[_3_] March 19th 19 10:07 AM

Lonely Psychopathic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Tue, 19 Mar 2019 19:54:57 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

Are they really effective at controlling rust on tools ?

Nope. And you arent allowed to rip out moth balls
to protect your tools anyway now, you arsehole.

You are just anxious that people might drive you away with mothballs, you
pesky moth!

--
about senile Rot Speed:
MID:

fred[_8_] March 19th 19 10:47 AM

moth balls

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mothballs...XPnB hEsJhdCg

Dan S. MacAbre[_4_] March 19th 19 11:56 AM

moth balls

Why else would they fly with their legs so far apart?

Similarly, I don't know which part of a prawn is its "crackers".

Brian Gaff March 20th 19 07:33 AM

moth balls

Dunno not tried. I bet there is a little chinaman somewhere making
counterfeit ones.
Brian

--
----- --

alan_m March 22nd 19 03:18 PM

moth balls

On 19/03/2019 06:59, fred wrote:
Are they really effective at controlling rust on tools ?

If you mean Camphor tablets then yes when included in a case that
closes. The tablets evaporate and a thin microscopic film of "oil" forms
on metal surfaces.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pure-Camp...ocC_H5GZzwaokg

I don't believe Naptha has the same properties.

I don't think that moth balls now sold in the UK contain either Camphor
or Naptha