Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Truncated 33kV power line? Doesn't go anywhere?

https://goo.gl/maps/9aGZCUHwTS92

Here we see a path leading up to an old railway line, now a tarmacked cycle/walking/horse path. Note the 33kV power line. I went for a walk to the East (right of the picture), and after about a 25 minute walk the power line came to an end. A pole similar to the one in the link, but the wires just stopped, no transformer, no underground wire coming off it. Is this something they half built? Did it supply a farm that was closed down?

2/3rds of the way along, it does go underground for a very short distance (about 5 or 10 metres), presumably to keep it from touching another set of similar lines running at right angles. But as far as I can see, the wire doesn't go anywhere, just links the two poles underground. One of those poles is labelled "Castlebridge No.2 33kV feeder", which I can't find any information about. Is there a detailed map of these things anywhere?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 18 March 2019 18:35:45 UTC, Commander Kinsey wrote:
https://goo.gl/maps/9aGZCUHwTS92
Here we see a path leading up to an old railway line, now a tarmacked
cycle/walking/horse path. Note the 33kV power line. ... One of
those poles is labelled "Castlebridge No.2 33kV feeder", which I
can't find any information about. Is there a detailed map of these
things anywhere?

I don't know about a map, but googling for Castlebridge 33kW shows a spreadsheet at

Capacity Market Register 2021-22 (T-4) at https://www.emrdeliverybody.com

1 CAS001 T-4 Capacity Auction 2021
Gas Generation Castlebridge Limited
Gas Generation Castlebridge 1
01778300888

Distribution Non CMRS
New Build Generating CMU
Gas OCGT and Reciprocating Engines (Fuel Type - Gas)
Not Prequalified
Gas reciprocating engines used for power generation, with associated infrastructure. Land at Castlebridge Business Park, Alloa, FK10 3PZ NS938925
Deferred

Which may or may not be related to

https://www.solarpowerportal.co.uk/n...f_t rade_debt

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 19:18:53 -0000, wrote:

On Monday, 18 March 2019 18:35:45 UTC, Commander Kinsey wrote:
https://goo.gl/maps/9aGZCUHwTS92
Here we see a path leading up to an old railway line, now a tarmacked
cycle/walking/horse path. Note the 33kV power line. ... One of
those poles is labelled "Castlebridge No.2 33kV feeder", which I
can't find any information about. Is there a detailed map of these
things anywhere?

I don't know about a map, but googling for Castlebridge 33kW shows a spreadsheet at

Damn, I think I included the word "feeder" and got nowhere.

Capacity Market Register 2021-22 (T-4) at https://www.emrdeliverybody.com

1 CAS001 T-4 Capacity Auction 2021
Gas Generation Castlebridge Limited
Gas Generation Castlebridge 1
01778300888

Distribution Non CMRS
New Build Generating CMU
Gas OCGT and Reciprocating Engines (Fuel Type - Gas)
Not Prequalified
Gas reciprocating engines used for power generation, with associated infrastructure. Land at Castlebridge Business Park, Alloa, FK10 3PZ NS938925
Deferred

I've driven past the entrance to that (in fact also today, on the way to the walk I mentioned above), it's had the land on sale for years. And that is indeed approximately where the line stops.

That power line doesn't look big enough to take power from a power station though, perhaps to feed the business park? How much power goes along those lines? I know it's 33kV 3 phase, but I don't know what the current is. All I can say is the underground part went through an approximately 3 inch diameter armoured cable, and the individual conductors look about half an inch thick (judging by a pigeon sat on one! I didn't let my parrot fly up to have a look incase it was live! Yes I was actually taking my parrot for a walk - on my shoulder, with a lead, amusing everyone else out walking!)

Which may or may not be related to

https://www.solarpowerportal.co.uk/n...f_t rade_debt

Whoops! Everyone trying to cash in on the renewable nonsense.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 19:18:53 -0000, wrote:

[snip]

Gowanhill as in https://www.privatehousestays.com/l/...eheading-Stone ?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 18 March 2019 19:36:42 UTC, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Gowanhill as in https://www.privatehousestays.com/l/...eheading-Stone ?

Yes, I needed a domain name quickly and looked out of the window.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 18 March 2019 19:35:14 UTC, Commander Kinsey wrote:
That power line doesn't look big enough to take power from a power
station though,

The "connection capacity" in the spreadsheet says 29 MW.

A quick online calculor for 3-phase with a line-line V of 33kW give about 500 amps.

Uninsulated conductors in open air can run hot.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 20:33:37 -0000, wrote:

On Monday, 18 March 2019 19:36:42 UTC, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Gowanhill as in https://www.privatehousestays.com/l/...eheading-Stone ?

Yes, I needed a domain name quickly and looked out of the window.

But it's not a real domain name.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 18 March 2019 21:13:58 UTC, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Yes, I needed a domain name quickly and looked out of the window.

But it's not a real domain name.

It was when I registered it; I let it lapse. Googlegrousp hasn't noticed yet

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 20:42:07 -0000, wrote:

On Monday, 18 March 2019 19:35:14 UTC, Commander Kinsey wrote:
That power line doesn't look big enough to take power from a power
station though,

The "connection capacity" in the spreadsheet says 29 MW.

A quick online calculor for 3-phase with a line-line V of 33kW

You mean kV.

give about 500 amps.

I guessed about that, as a limit, but on a long run a lot of power would be lost.

Uninsulated conductors in open air can run hot.

Yes but they lose a lot of energy.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default CAUTION!!! Birdbrain, the Abnormal Pathological Attention Whore, Strikes, AGAIN!

On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 18:35:52 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson",
"Steven ******","Bruce Farquar", "Fred Johnson, etc.), the pathological
resident idiot and attention whore of all the uk ngs, blathered again:

FLUSH the abnormal sociopathic attention whore's latest attention-baiting
idiotic bull**** unread again

--
about Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL)
trolling:

--
ItsJoanNotJoann addressing Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"You're an annoying troll and I'm done with you and your

--
AndyW addressing Birdbrain:
"Troll or idiot?...

--
Phil Lee adressing Birdbrain Macaw:
"You are too stupid to be wasting oxygen."

--
Phil Lee describing Birdbrain Macaw:
"I've never seen such misplaced pride in being a ****ing moronic motorist."

--
Tony944 addressing Birdbrain Macaw:
"I seen and heard many people but you are on top of list being first class

--
Pelican to Birdbrain Macaw:
"Ok. I'm persuaded . You are an idiot."

--
DerbyDad03 addressing Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"Frigging Idiot. Get the hell out of my thread."

--
Kerr Mudd-John about Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"It's like arguing with a demented frog."

--
Mr Pounder Esquire about Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"the **** poor delivery boy with no hot running water, 11 cats and

--
Rob Morley about Birdbrain:
"He's a perennial idiot"

--
JoeyDee to Birdbrain
"I apologize for thinking you were a jerk. You're just someone with an IQ

--
Sam Plusnet about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson Sword" LOL):
"He's just desperate to be noticed. Any attention will do, no matter how

--
asking Birdbrain:
"What, were you dropped on your head as a child?"

--
Christie addressing endlessly driveling Birdbrain Macaw (now "James
Wilkinson" LOL):

--
Mr Pounder's fitting description of Birdbrain Macaw:
"You are a well known fool, a tosser, a pillock, a stupid unemployable

--
Richard to pathetic ****** Hucker:
"You haven't bred?

--
about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
""not the sharpest knife in the drawer"'s parents sure made a serious

--
Mr Pounder exposing sociopathic Birdbrain:
"You will always be a lonely sociopath living in a ******** with no hot

--
francis about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"He seems to have a reputation as someone of limited intelligence"

--
Peter Moylan about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"If people like JWS didn't exist, we would have to find some other way to

--
Lewis about nym-shifting Birdbrain:
"Typical narcissist troll, thinks his **** is so grand he has the right to

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 21:17:26 -0000, wrote:

On Monday, 18 March 2019 21:13:58 UTC, Commander Kinsey wrote:
Yes, I needed a domain name quickly and looked out of the window.

But it's not a real domain name.

It was when I registered it; I let it lapse. Googlegrousp hasn't noticed yet

Would they even check? You probably just need it to verify an email address when you sign up. Unless you need to be contacted by email for some reason, I doubt it'll matter. Just don't lose your password etc :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Troll-feeding Senile Idiot Alert!

On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 13:33:37 -0700 (PDT), , an
obviously mentally handicapped, troll-feeding senile idiot, driveled again:

Yes, I needed a domain name

You need a brain, you senile sucker of troll cock!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 14:17:26 -0700 (PDT), , an
obviously mentally handicapped, troll-feeding senile idiot, driveled again:

But it's not a real domain name.

It was when I registered it; I let it lapse. Googlegrousp hasn't noticed yet

Ah, a retarded Google groper! Now THAT explains everything! BG

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 20:42:07 -0000, wrote:

On Monday, 18 March 2019 19:35:14 UTC, Commander Kinsey wrote:
That power line doesn't look big enough to take power from a power
station though,

The "connection capacity" in the spreadsheet says 29 MW.

A quick online calculor for 3-phase with a line-line V of 33kW

You mean kV.

give about 500 amps.

I guessed about that, as a limit, but on a long run a lot of power would
be lost.

That's why the long runs are done with 330KV and 500KV etc.

Uninsulated conductors in open air can run hot.

Yes but they lose a lot of energy.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More Heavy Trolling by Senile Nym-Shifting Rot Speed!

On Tue, 19 Mar 2019 10:26:46 +1100, Jac Brown, better known as cantankerous
trolling senile geezer Rot Speed, wrote:

That's why the long runs are done with 330KV and 500KV etc.

You 85-year-old senile pest need a few KV run through your decrepit body!

--
Norman Wells addressing senile Rot:
"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."