Old March 17th 19, 12:08 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Thunderturd

Is there as setting on thunderbird that stops you having to expand
threads time and time again?....
--

Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV advert or brian reay is
right for you

Old March 17th 19, 01:02 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/03/2019 11:08, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Is there as setting on thunderbird that stops you having to expand
threads time and time again?....

Just press the asterisk key.
Old March 17th 19, 01:17 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/03/2019 12:02, Richard wrote:
On 17/03/2019 11:08, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Is there as setting on thunderbird that stops you having to expand
threads time and time again?....

Just press the asterisk key.

Richard is there a similar shortcut to close the threads please?

TIA

Old March 17th 19, 01:25 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/03/2019 12:17, Bob Minchin wrote:
On 17/03/2019 12:02, Richard wrote:
On 17/03/2019 11:08, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Is there as setting on thunderbird that stops you having to expand
threads time and time again?....

Just press the asterisk key.

Richard is there a similar shortcut to close the threads please?

TIA

Found it ! "\" collapses all threads

Old March 17th 19, 04:44 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/03/2019 12:22, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 17/03/2019 12:02, Richard wrote:
On 17/03/2019 11:08, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Is there as setting on thunderbird that stops you having to expand threads time and time again?....

Just press the asterisk key.

cool thanks

I knew about the backslash, but not the asterisk. And the latest Thunderbird doesn't always advance to the next message when you press the space-bar, so from somewhere in my memory I recalled that n did that as well. So now I use n every time as it does it reliably, whereas the space-bar only works sometimes (how I wonder as software is usually predictable?). Are these things documented somewhere?

--
Clive Page
Old March 17th 19, 05:53 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/03/2019 15:44, Clive Page wrote:
On 17/03/2019 12:22, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 17/03/2019 12:02, Richard wrote:
On 17/03/2019 11:08, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Is there as setting on thunderbird that stops you having to expand
threads time and time again?....

Just press the asterisk key.

cool thanks

I knew about the backslash, but not the asterisk.¬* And the latest
Thunderbird doesn't always advance to the next message when you press
the space-bar, so from somewhere in my memory I recalled that n did that
as well.¬* So now I use n every time as it does it reliably, whereas the
space-bar only works sometimes (how I wonder as software is usually
predictable?).¬* Are these things documented somewhere?

digital things just don't work properly....

Old March 17th 19, 06:28 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Yeah, that’s why your posts are so ****ed up.

Old March 17th 19, 07:45 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Psychopathic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 04:28:05 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

digital things just don't work properly....

Yeah, thatĘs why your posts are so ****ed up.

Nope, that's why YOU are so ****ed up, you absolutely ridiculous 85-year-old
trolling senile pest! LOL

--
The Natural Philosopher about senile Rot:
Old March 17th 19, 07:57 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/03/2019 16:53, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 17/03/2019 15:44, Clive Page wrote:
On 17/03/2019 12:22, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 17/03/2019 12:02, Richard wrote:
On 17/03/2019 11:08, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Is there as setting on thunderbird that stops you having to expand
threads time and time again?....

Just press the asterisk key.

cool thanks

I knew about the backslash, but not the asterisk.¬* And the latest
Thunderbird doesn't always advance to the next message when you press
the space-bar, so from somewhere in my memory I recalled that n did
that as well.¬* So now I use n every time as it does it reliably,
whereas the space-bar only works sometimes (how I wonder as software
is usually predictable?).¬* Are these things documented somewhere?

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...oard-shortcuts

digital things just don't work properly....