DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Thunderturd (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/632963-thunderturd.html)

Jim GM4DHJ ... March 17th 19 11:08 AM

Thunderturd

Is there as setting on thunderbird that stops you having to expand
threads time and time again?....
--

Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV advert or brian reay is
right for you

Richard[_10_] March 17th 19 12:02 PM

Thunderturd

On 17/03/2019 11:08, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Is there as setting on thunderbird that stops you having to expand
threads time and time again?....

Just press the asterisk key.

Bob Minchin[_4_] March 17th 19 12:17 PM

Thunderturd

On 17/03/2019 12:02, Richard wrote:
On 17/03/2019 11:08, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Is there as setting on thunderbird that stops you having to expand
threads time and time again?....

Just press the asterisk key.

Richard is there a similar shortcut to close the threads please?

TIA

Bob Minchin[_4_] March 17th 19 12:25 PM

Thunderturd

On 17/03/2019 12:17, Bob Minchin wrote:
On 17/03/2019 12:02, Richard wrote:
On 17/03/2019 11:08, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Is there as setting on thunderbird that stops you having to expand
threads time and time again?....

Just press the asterisk key.

Richard is there a similar shortcut to close the threads please?

TIA

Found it ! "\" collapses all threads

Clive Page[_2_] March 17th 19 03:44 PM

Thunderturd

On 17/03/2019 12:22, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 17/03/2019 12:02, Richard wrote:
On 17/03/2019 11:08, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Is there as setting on thunderbird that stops you having to expand threads time and time again?....

Just press the asterisk key.

cool thanks

I knew about the backslash, but not the asterisk. And the latest Thunderbird doesn't always advance to the next message when you press the space-bar, so from somewhere in my memory I recalled that n did that as well. So now I use n every time as it does it reliably, whereas the space-bar only works sometimes (how I wonder as software is usually predictable?). Are these things documented somewhere?

--
Clive Page

Jim GM4DHJ ... March 17th 19 04:53 PM

Thunderturd

On 17/03/2019 15:44, Clive Page wrote:
On 17/03/2019 12:22, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 17/03/2019 12:02, Richard wrote:
On 17/03/2019 11:08, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Is there as setting on thunderbird that stops you having to expand
threads time and time again?....

Just press the asterisk key.

cool thanks

I knew about the backslash, but not the asterisk.Â* And the latest
Thunderbird doesn't always advance to the next message when you press
the space-bar, so from somewhere in my memory I recalled that n did that
as well.Â* So now I use n every time as it does it reliably, whereas the
space-bar only works sometimes (how I wonder as software is usually
predictable?).Â* Are these things documented somewhere?

digital things just don't work properly....

Rod Speed March 17th 19 05:28 PM

Thunderturd

Yeah, thats why your posts are so ****ed up.

Peeler[_3_] March 17th 19 06:45 PM

Lonely Psychopathic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Mon, 18 Mar 2019 04:28:05 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

digital things just don't work properly....

Yeah, that¢s why your posts are so ****ed up.

Nope, that's why YOU are so ****ed up, you absolutely ridiculous 85-year-old
trolling senile pest! LOL

--
The Natural Philosopher about senile Rot:
Richard[_10_] March 17th 19 06:57 PM

Thunderturd

On 17/03/2019 16:53, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 17/03/2019 15:44, Clive Page wrote:
On 17/03/2019 12:22, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 17/03/2019 12:02, Richard wrote:
On 17/03/2019 11:08, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Is there as setting on thunderbird that stops you having to expand
threads time and time again?....

Just press the asterisk key.

cool thanks

I knew about the backslash, but not the asterisk.Â* And the latest
Thunderbird doesn't always advance to the next message when you press
the space-bar, so from somewhere in my memory I recalled that n did
that as well.Â* So now I use n every time as it does it reliably,
whereas the space-bar only works sometimes (how I wonder as software
is usually predictable?).Â* Are these things documented somewhere?

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...oard-shortcuts

digital things just don't work properly....

John Rumm March 19th 19 01:17 AM

Thunderturd

On 17/03/2019 15:44, Clive Page wrote:
On 17/03/2019 12:22, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 17/03/2019 12:02, Richard wrote:
On 17/03/2019 11:08, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Is there as setting on thunderbird that stops you having to expand
threads time and time again?....

Just press the asterisk key.

cool thanks

I knew about the backslash, but not the asterisk.Â* And the latest
Thunderbird doesn't always advance to the next message when you press
the space-bar, so from somewhere in my memory I recalled that n did that
as well.Â* So now I use n every time as it does it reliably, whereas the
space-bar only works sometimes (how I wonder as software is usually
predictable?).Â* Are these things documented somewhere?

That is because space actually scrolls down the message you are
currently reading. Only if it reaches the end of the current message
does it then automatically trigger a move to next message (i.e. what n
does).

Hence the varying behaviour is dictated by the length of the message you
are reading, and the size of the viewing window. If the message is all
visible in the window, space will indeed act like n, but its a side
effect and not what its actually designed to do.

--
Cheers,

John.