Old March 15th 19, 11:20 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Psychopathic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 09:34:04 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

Nice one, problem solved.

Good old British ingenuity !

Doesnt seem to be working with BRexit.

Didn't someone tell you to **** off to an Australian newsgroup, you ****ed
up psychopathic senile Ozzie troll?

--
Norman Wells addressing senile Rot:
"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."

Old March 15th 19, 11:40 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Stopping wheelie bins from blowing over?

"Jethro_uk" wrote in message
On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 21:14:37 +0000, Michael Chare wrote:

On 15/03/2019 17:20, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 16:55:45 +0000, R D S wrote:

####ing wind!

On the topic of wheelie bins, are we alone in having dustmen that look
inside and will just take the bag if it's tied, rather than tip the
whole bin ? Does it save time ?

You are not alone! I suppose are rubbish is in a bag because we use
then in the kitchen pedal bin.

There's also the rather grey area of liability for any damage a bin
does *after* the nice bin men have emptied it. Maybe one for the legal
bods .....

To be honest, just 2 of us, we can go 4 weeks before the wheelie bin is
full ...

With one of me and **** all waste, it takes much longer than that.
I do put quite a bit of stuff I freeze in the smallest plastic bags and
put the bread from the bread machine in a medium sized plastic
bag and the frozen peas/corn/capsicum come in plastic bags,
but it takes a hell of a lot of those to fill a wheely bin.

Old March 15th 19, 11:53 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 10:40:00 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

FLUSH more senile troll****

Nobody gives a ****, about your ****, senile ****head!

--
FredXX to Rot Speed:
"You are still an idiot and an embarrassment to your country. No wonder
Old March 16th 19, 08:11 AM posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

On 15/03/2019 23:11, Mathew Newton wrote:
On Friday, 15 March 2019 16:55:49 UTC, R D S wrote:
####ing wind!

I'm sick of finding a wheelie bin on it's arse, empty, contents strewn
everywhere.

I put a paving slab on them which prevents this, but only if I remember
which I didn't yesterday.

So has anyone come up with a more 'set and forget' solution?

In our case a bungee cord tying together the handles of two bins together back-to-back has worked wonders. Separately they'd walk around in the wind, often falling over entirely, but together we've had no issues.

I have a piece of rope, one end tied to the garden bench the other end
has a lump of paving slab tied to it, when windy I pull the rope over
the 3 bins and sit the slab on the ground.
Old March 16th 19, 08:15 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 18:21:08 +0000, Rob Morley wrote:

On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 17:20:30 -0000 (UTC)
Jethro_uk wrote:

On the topic of wheelie bins, are we alone in having dustmen that
look inside and will just take the bag if it's tied, rather than tip
the whole bin ? Does it save time ?

Well, they don't have to take the bin back if they take the bag out,
but who knows how much time looking in every bin adds up?
Our bin usually has multiple smaller bags in it, so better to tip it.
Wherever I leave it for them they usually manage to return it by a wall
close to a lamp post where it's most likely to inconvenience someone
with e.g. a tandem push-chair.

'Companiable' push-chairs are even wider!
We have a standard footway then a wide verge. The bindroids (dimdroids?)
mange to leave the bins in the middle of the footway. Another metre wouldn't
be too difficult, surely.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away

Old March 16th 19, 09:10 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/03/2019 19:04, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 17:47:48 +0000, R D S wrote:

On 15/03/2019 17:27, Nick Odell wrote:
But here in Kirklees the third bin is optional and for garden waste

Well, I say third, we have an optional garden one too which I don't
bother with, so actually a forth potentially.

They want us to have,

non recyclable,
paper/card,
cans/bottles etc,
garden waste.

Is that all?! We have a bin for non-recyclable stuff, heavy duty woven
plastic bag/sack things for respectively paper, cardboard,
tins&plastic. Then there's a rectangular black plastic bin for glass
bottles, and a bin for garden waste, making six containers of various
sorts, in all.

My envy cup runneth over, not.
We have to cope with a black plastic bag and clear plastic bag for
recycling. I don't bother with the bottle box, just use the recycling
bin at the nearby supermarket car park.
Old March 16th 19, 04:35 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote:
On 15/03/2019 18:17, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 18:06:40 +0000, GB
wrote:

Has anyone screwed part of a paving slab to the bottom? You'd need to
place the slab inside, then screw through the base of the bin into the
slab, with very large washers to spread the load.

I thought much the same. Rather than using a paving slab, you could
screw some heavy gauge screws through the base, with large washers to
spread the load, as you suggest, and then empty a bag of postcrete
into the bin, followed by some water to set it off.

I recently had to buy a new bin. They are £50 where I live. So,
experimenting had better not damage the bin too much.

Watching how the bins are inverted and slammed about by the emptying
mechanism, I think a fixed internal weight would soon tear the bin base
apart (and annoy the bin men).

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Old March 16th 19, 08:24 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16 Mar 2019 16:35:51 GMT
Tim+ wrote:

Watching how the bins are inverted and slammed about by the emptying
mechanism, I think a fixed internal weight would soon tear the bin
base apart (and annoy the bin men).

But water would just tip out and drain out the bottom of the truck.

Old March 16th 19, 09:01 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Rob Morley wrote:
On 16 Mar 2019 16:35:51 GMT
Tim+ wrote:

Watching how the bins are inverted and slammed about by the emptying
mechanism, I think a fixed internal weight would soon tear the bin
base apart (and annoy the bin men).

But water would just tip out and drain out the bottom of the truck.

Fine, but I’m not talking about water. Not sure the bin men would be happy
about everyone loading up their bins with water. That’s a lot of extra work
for them.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Can I chuck unused wheelie bins in a skip? R D S[_2_] UK diy 62 February 13th 19 10:41 PM
wheelie bins Dave UK diy 60 August 14th 10 12:32 AM
OT wheelie bin pollution rant Dave UK diy 3 July 7th 06 10:55 PM
OT wheelie bin pollution rant Guy King UK diy 0 July 7th 06 01:51 PM
OT wheelie bin pollution rant [email protected] UK diy 0 July 7th 06 12:48 PM