Old March 15th 19, 12:53 PM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Anyone ever speeded up a stairlift?

They have a seatbelt, perfectly adequate for a sudden stop from walking speed. So why should they go a quarter walking speed?

On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 09:06:10 -0000, Brian Gaff wrote:

Actually when I asked this question of an installer he said that they are
built to be safe, not rapid, and if they ran faster and jammed then the jolt
may be very dangerous for the occupant.

That to me sounded a bit like 'cos they always are made this way, I only
fit them guv, nothing to do with me'
Still there may be some merit in the plan, unless you really want to wear a
crash helmet, neck brace and a three point harness to use one.
Brian

Old March 15th 19, 01:55 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 01:43:28 -0000, wrote:

On Friday, 15 March 2019 00:30:29 UTC, Grumpy Old White Guy wrote:

I've yet to come across any old person who wouldn't like their
stairlift to get there quicker. For goodness sake, they're either
trying to answer the door, or get to the loo before they wet
themselves, and the thing runs at less than half a mile an
hour. Are they powered by hamsters or something?

Most have a DC motor and 12 volt SLA battery under the seat. Prolly not
legal or safe but you could put an 18 or 24 volt battery pack in,
upgrade the charger and hang on.

Reckon you'd have to feed them 240v to get a sensible speed going. You'd
need a much more powerful motor. Those cheap hoists go a sensible speed
but are very noisy.

It's not sensible. Old people don't need to go slower than walking speed
when they're sat in a chair (which has a seatbelt).

Imagine they're desperate for the loo,

Easily fixed with a **** bottle.

or want to answer the door to the postman before he goes away.

Easily fixed with a notice beside the doorbell etc.

Old March 15th 19, 01:59 PM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news
They have a seatbelt, perfectly adequate for a sudden stop from walking
speed.

But impossible to guarantee that it will be worn.
And it looks bad if you kill too many people.

So why should they go a quarter walking speed?

Likely because it isnt cheap to go much faster safely.

Old March 15th 19, 05:09 PM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default 00:59 am in Australia ...and the Forsaken Psychopathic Senile Ozzie Troll is already up and Trolling AGAIN! LMAO

On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 00:59:03 +1100, Jac Brown, better known as cantankerous
trolling senile geezer Rot Speed, wrote:

FLUSH troll****

00:59 am in Australia, and you are already up again? Man, you are even
sicker than the filthy Scottish attention whore you keep sucking off! BG

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.
Old March 15th 19, 05:12 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 00:55:04 +1100, Jac Brown, better known as cantankerous
trolling senile geezer Rot Speed, wrote:

Easily fixed with a **** bottle.

or want to answer the door to the postman before he goes away.

Easily fixed with a notice beside the doorbell etc.

There seems to be no easy fix for you needing to get up EVERY DAY between
MIDNIGHT and FOUR o'clock am, just so you won't miss anything going on on
these groups, you abnormal senile pest! G

--
Norman Wells addressing senile Rot:
"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."

Old March 15th 19, 06:15 PM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 18:08:37 -0000, Andy wrote:

On Thursday, March 14, 2019 at 5:12:23 PM UTC-5, Commander Kinsey wrote:
I've yet to come across any old person who wouldn't like their stairlift to get there quicker. For goodness sake, they're either trying to answer the door, or get to the loo before they wet themselves, and the thing runs at less than half a mile an hour. Are they powered by hamsters or something?

They are not that slow. Stop your complaining.

Yes they are, they're even slower than the equivalent of somebody walking up a flight of stairs one step at a time, one foot at a time, as in both feet on every step. That's ludicrously slow for an infirm person trying to answer the door or a call of nature. They have seatbelts, they could go at least walking speed!
Old March 15th 19, 06:49 PM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 17:47:11 -0000, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:

I've yet to come across any old person who wouldn't like their stairlift to get there quicker. For goodness sake, they're either trying to answer the door, or get to the loo before they wet themselves, and the thing runs at less than half a mile an hour. Are they powered by hamsters or something?

Wot? Are you askin' if yer brain is hampster-powered?

Can you not read English?
Old March 15th 19, 06:59 PM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
% % is offline

On 2019-03-15 11:49 a.m., Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 17:47:11 -0000, Colonel Edmund J. Burke

I've yet to come across any old person who wouldn't like their
stairlift to get there quicker.* For goodness sake, they're either
trying to answer the door, or get to the loo before they wet
themselves, and the thing runs at less than half a mile an hour.* Are
they powered by hamsters or something?

Wot?* Are you askin' if yer brain is hampster-powered?

Can you not read English?

i say rev the stairs up to 60 mph ,
and fling them right across the room at the top ,
or on the down side you can slam them right through the floor