UK diy (uk.d-i-y) For the discussion of all topics related to diy (do-it-yourself) in the UK. All levels of experience and proficency are welcome to join in to ask questions or offer solutions.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #41   Report Post  
Old March 16th 19, 02:16 AM posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,735
Default Wireless switches for lights - recommendations?

On 16/03/2019 00:43, Rod Speed wrote:
Fredxx wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Chris Green wrote


Turning a handle or pushing a lever
is simply 'work' as in force x distance.


But pressing it with your finger isnt either.


So when you press this 'switch' with a finger, you're not applying a
force which moves a finite distance?


Corse you are, but it’s the kinetic energy of the finger that
is what generates the small amount of power that powers
the chip that transmits the zigbee signal to the base.


You have show earlier you're incapable of looking up kinetic energy and
so remain ignorant of what kinetic energy is.

Or isn't "work = force x distance" any more?


Pity it’s the kinetic energy of the finger that is what
generates the small amount of power that powers
the chip that transmits the zigbee signal to the base.

When did that change?


It didn’t, stupid.


Are you now claiming kinetic energy is the same as work? Do make up your
mind.

  #42   Report Post  
Old March 16th 19, 03:06 AM posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 30,995
Default Wireless switches for lights - recommendations?



"Fredxx" wrote in message
...
On 16/03/2019 00:39, Rod Speed wrote:


"Fredxx" wrote in message
...
On 15/03/2019 23:03, Rod Speed wrote:


"Roger Hayter" wrote in message
...
Rod Speed wrote:

"Chris Green" wrote in message
...
Roger Hayter wrote:
Rod Speed wrote:

Fredxx wrote
Rod Speed wrote

It uses kinetic energy to send a wifi signal to the base.

You were doing well until this point.

That's what it does. No battery no wires.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Per...ting-Synthetic
s/dp/ B0748MQWP3/ref=dp_ob_title_light

I'd prefer to call it mechanical rather then kinetic energy,
without
further information. But perhaps he was suggesting that Wifi
was not
really an appropriate radio protocol for the purpose?

All the makers and sellers of them call them kinetic for some
strange
reason.

That's because that's what they are. They don't use the static force
of the finger on the button, they use the movement of the button.

But the energy supplied is nothing to do with the speed of the press.

Yes, thats just used to generate a small amount of electrical power.

The energy provided by the finger is force times distance moved.

Wrong with an electrical generator that uses the kinetic energy.

This is not kinetic energy at any stage,

Wrong.

Explain what kinetic energy is?


Look it up for yourself. And its the kinetic energy
of the finger stopping that the button that is what
generates the small amount of power needed to
power the zigbee transmitter.


I have, and you continue to show you're clueless.


We'll see...

It shouldn't be difficult unless google is beyond your ability.


Dont need to goggle it, I have know
what it is for 3/4 of a century, thanks.


Sound like googling is beyond you.


Then you need a new battery in your hearing
aid, you pathetic excuse for a bull**** artist.

or if it is, only internal to the machine.

Irrelevant.

The energy supplied by the operator is not kinetic energy.

Wrong. Just as wrong as your claim that zigbee isnt wifi.

Zigbee is a complete protocol stack and a form of low power, low data
rate radio communication. You can call it wireless if you like.

Wifi is a name given to a specific standard IEEE 802.11,


And zigbee is the name of the protocol that is done over that.

you can call it wireless if you like.


I can call it wifi too.


Only someone with a lack of knowledge would call it wifi.


Philips too eh ?

BTW, Wi-Fi is a trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.


Whoopy ****ing do.


Which is a standard associated with IEEE 802.11


Duh.

Being wrong is so painful for you.


I'm not wrong, and neither is Philips.

Only an idiot would confuse the two as being the same.


Never said they are the same, idiot.


You're the idiot that said, "Just as wrong as your claim that zigbee isnt
wifi",


Thats not saying they are the same, ****wit.

I have just rubbed your ****wit nose in the FACT that
zigbee is in fact the protocol that is operating over wifi.

whatever did you mean by that?


You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

  #43   Report Post  
Old March 16th 19, 03:08 AM posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 30,995
Default Wireless switches for lights - recommendations?



"Fredxx" wrote in message
...
On 16/03/2019 00:43, Rod Speed wrote:
Fredxx wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Chris Green wrote


Turning a handle or pushing a lever
is simply 'work' as in force x distance.


But pressing it with your finger isnt either.


So when you press this 'switch' with a finger, you're not applying a
force which moves a finite distance?


Corse you are, but it’s the kinetic energy of the finger that
is what generates the small amount of power that powers
the chip that transmits the zigbee signal to the base.


You have show earlier you're incapable of looking up kinetic energy


Don’t need to look it up, I knew what it
was before you were even born, ****wit.

and so remain ignorant of what kinetic energy is.


Philips too eh ? Yeah, right.

Or isn't "work = force x distance" any more?


Pity it’s the kinetic energy of the finger that is what
generates the small amount of power that powers
the chip that transmits the zigbee signal to the base.

When did that change?


It didn’t, stupid.


Are you now claiming kinetic energy is the same as work?


Nope.

Do make up your mind.


Havent changed it, ****wit.

  #44   Report Post  
Old March 16th 19, 03:41 AM posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,735
Default Wireless switches for lights - recommendations?

On 16/03/2019 02:06, Rod Speed wrote:


"Fredxx" wrote in message
...
On 16/03/2019 00:39, Rod Speed wrote:


"Fredxx" wrote in message
...
On 15/03/2019 23:03, Rod Speed wrote:


"Roger Hayter" wrote in message
...
Rod Speed wrote:

"Chris Green" wrote in message
...
Roger Hayter wrote:
Rod Speed wrote:

Fredxx wrote
Rod Speed wrote

It uses kinetic energy to send a wifi signal to the base.

You were doing well until this point.

That's what it does. No battery no wires.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Per...ting-Synthetic

s/dp/ B0748MQWP3/ref=dp_ob_title_light

I'd prefer to call it mechanical rather then kinetic energy,
without
further information.* But perhaps he was suggesting that Wifi
was not
really an appropriate radio protocol for the purpose?

All the makers and sellers of them call them kinetic for some
strange
reason.

That's because that's what they are. They don't use the static force
of the finger on the button, they use the movement of the button.

But the energy supplied is nothing to do with the speed of the press.

Yes, thats just used to generate a small amount of electrical power.

The energy provided by the finger is force times distance moved.

Wrong with an electrical generator that uses the kinetic energy.

This is not kinetic energy at any stage,

Wrong.

Explain what kinetic energy is?

Look it up for yourself. And its the kinetic energy
of the finger stopping that the button that is what
generates the small amount of power needed to
power the zigbee transmitter.


I have, and you continue to show you're clueless.


We'll see...

It shouldn't be difficult unless google is beyond your ability.

Dont need to goggle it, I have know
what it is for 3/4 of a century, thanks.


Sound like googling is beyond you.


Then you need a new battery in your hearing
aid, you pathetic excuse for a bull**** artist.

or if it is, only internal to the machine.

Irrelevant.

The energy supplied by the operator is not kinetic energy.

Wrong. Just as wrong as your claim that zigbee isnt wifi.

Zigbee is a complete protocol stack and a form of low power, low
data rate radio communication. You can call it wireless if you like.

Wifi is a name given to a specific standard IEEE 802.11,

And zigbee is the name of the protocol that is done over that.

you can call it wireless if you like.

I can call it wifi too.


Only someone with a lack of knowledge would call it wifi.


Philips too eh ?


Even they call it wireless.
BTW, Wi-Fi is a trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.

Whoopy ****ing do.


Which is a standard associated with IEEE 802.11


Duh.

Being wrong is so painful for you.


I'm not wrong, and neither is Philips.


Even they call it wireless.

Only an idiot would confuse the two as being the same.


Never said they are the same, idiot.


You're the idiot that said, "Just as wrong as your claim that zigbee
isnt wifi",


Thats not saying they are the same, ****wit.

I have just rubbed your ****wit nose in the FACT that
zigbee is in fact the protocol that is operating over wifi.


You've just said "that's not saying they are the same", are you now
agreeing they are different?

whatever did you mean by that?


You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.


The final sign you have lost your argument, you've been losing a lot of
arguments recently.
  #45   Report Post  
Old March 16th 19, 04:13 AM posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Apr 2009
Posts: 33,566
Default Wireless switches for lights - recommendations?

On 16/03/2019 00:10, Fredxx wrote:
On 15/03/2019 23:24, Rod Speed wrote:


"Chris Green" wrote in message


snip

Turning a handle or pushing a lever
is simply 'work' as in force x distance.


But pressing it with your finger isnt either.


So when you press this 'switch' with a finger, you're not applying a
force which moves a finite distance?

Or isn't "work = force x distance" any more? When did that change?


Oh that changed when climate chage came along and science rewrote the
laws of physics to allow perpetual motion, and called it 'renewable energy'

--
All political activity makes complete sense once the proposition that
all government is basically a self-legalising protection racket, is
fully understood.



  #46   Report Post  
Old March 16th 19, 05:51 AM posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 30,995
Default Wireless switches for lights - recommendations?



"Fredxx" wrote in message
...
On 16/03/2019 02:06, Rod Speed wrote:


"Fredxx" wrote in message
...
On 16/03/2019 00:39, Rod Speed wrote:


"Fredxx" wrote in message
...
On 15/03/2019 23:03, Rod Speed wrote:


"Roger Hayter" wrote in message
...
Rod Speed wrote:

"Chris Green" wrote in message
...
Roger Hayter wrote:
Rod Speed wrote:

Fredxx wrote
Rod Speed wrote

It uses kinetic energy to send a wifi signal to the base.

You were doing well until this point.

That's what it does. No battery no wires.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Per...ting-Synthetic
s/dp/ B0748MQWP3/ref=dp_ob_title_light

I'd prefer to call it mechanical rather then kinetic energy,
without
further information. But perhaps he was suggesting that Wifi
was not
really an appropriate radio protocol for the purpose?

All the makers and sellers of them call them kinetic for some
strange
reason.

That's because that's what they are. They don't use the static
force
of the finger on the button, they use the movement of the button.

But the energy supplied is nothing to do with the speed of the
press.

Yes, thats just used to generate a small amount of electrical power.

The energy provided by the finger is force times distance moved.

Wrong with an electrical generator that uses the kinetic energy.

This is not kinetic energy at any stage,

Wrong.

Explain what kinetic energy is?

Look it up for yourself. And its the kinetic energy
of the finger stopping that the button that is what
generates the small amount of power needed to
power the zigbee transmitter.

I have, and you continue to show you're clueless.


We'll see...

It shouldn't be difficult unless google is beyond your ability.

Dont need to goggle it, I have know
what it is for 3/4 of a century, thanks.

Sound like googling is beyond you.


Then you need a new battery in your hearing
aid, you pathetic excuse for a bull**** artist.

or if it is, only internal to the machine.

Irrelevant.

The energy supplied by the operator is not kinetic energy.

Wrong. Just as wrong as your claim that zigbee isnt wifi.

Zigbee is a complete protocol stack and a form of low power, low data
rate radio communication. You can call it wireless if you like.

Wifi is a name given to a specific standard IEEE 802.11,

And zigbee is the name of the protocol that is done over that.

you can call it wireless if you like.

I can call it wifi too.

Only someone with a lack of knowledge would call it wifi.


Philips too eh ?


Even they call it wireless.


Pity it runs over wifi.

BTW, Wi-Fi is a trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.

Whoopy ****ing do.

Which is a standard associated with IEEE 802.11


Duh.

Being wrong is so painful for you.


I'm not wrong, and neither is Philips.


Even they call it wireless.


Pity it runs over wifi.

Only an idiot would confuse the two as being the same.


Never said they are the same, idiot.


You're the idiot that said, "Just as wrong as your claim that zigbee
isnt wifi",


Thats not saying they are the same, ****wit.

I have just rubbed your ****wit nose in the FACT that
zigbee is in fact the protocol that is operating over wifi.


You've just said "that's not saying they are the same", are you now
agreeing they are different?


Nope, that zigbee runs over wifi with that switch, ****wit.

whatever did you mean by that?


You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.


The final sign you have lost your argument,


You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

you've been losing a lot of arguments recently.


You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

  #47   Report Post  
Old March 16th 19, 09:32 AM posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Jan 2019
Posts: 1,486
Default Lonely Psychopathic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 15:51:01 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

FLUSH the senile psychopath's psychopathic troll****

Seems more and more people are getting wise to what's the matter with you,
psychopath. BG

--
Bill Wright to Rot Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."
MID:
  #48   Report Post  
Old March 16th 19, 09:38 AM posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Jan 2019
Posts: 1,486
Default Lonely Psychopathic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 13:08:36 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

Are you now claiming kinetic energy is the same as work?


Nope.

Do make up your mind.


Havent changed it, ****wit.


....and your idiocy and psychopathy keeps getting exposed. I no longer would
be surprised if you were really trolling from a mental institution, senile
Rot. I just suppose they wouldn't allow you to get up and start using the
computer every day from between 1 and 4 am. But that's the only argument
against you being institutionalized.

--
pamela about Rot Speed:
"His off the cuff expertise demonstrates how little he knows..."
MID:
  #49   Report Post  
Old March 16th 19, 12:47 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,047
Default Wireless switches for lights - recommendations?

Rod Speed wrote:



I have just rubbed your ****wit nose in the FACT that
zigbee is in fact the protocol that is operating over wifi.


Just to help the discussion along, that sentence is complete gibberish.
Zigbee is a low-level protocol used for wireless links. The high level
information needed to implement the button action is sent as a zigbee
message and the zigbee is decoded and the high level message passed on
to a NIC in the receiver which sends the same message to the LAN
(perhaps, from what you say) but no way at all is *zigbee* operating
over Wifi. In fact if the zigbee receiver is plugged in then the
higher-level message never sees wifi, it goes straight into an ethernet
packet.

--

Roger Hayter
  #50   Report Post  
Old March 16th 19, 01:46 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by DIYBanter: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,735
Default Wireless switches for lights - recommendations?

On 16/03/2019 04:51, Rod Speed wrote:


"Fredxx" wrote in message
...
On 16/03/2019 02:06, Rod Speed wrote:


"Fredxx" wrote in message
...
On 16/03/2019 00:39, Rod Speed wrote:


"Fredxx" wrote in message
...
On 15/03/2019 23:03, Rod Speed wrote:


"Roger Hayter" wrote in message
...
Rod Speed wrote:

"Chris Green" wrote in message
...
Roger Hayter wrote:
Rod Speed wrote:

Fredxx wrote
Rod Speed wrote

It uses kinetic energy to send a wifi signal to the base.

You were doing well until this point.

That's what it does. No battery no wires.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Per...ting-Synthetic

s/dp/ B0748MQWP3/ref=dp_ob_title_light

I'd prefer to call it mechanical rather then kinetic energy,
without
further information.* But perhaps he was suggesting that Wifi
was not
really an appropriate radio protocol for the purpose?

All the makers and sellers of them call them kinetic for some
strange
reason.

That's because that's what they are. They don't use the static
force
of the finger on the button, they use the movement of the button.

But the energy supplied is nothing to do with the speed of the
press.

Yes, thats just used to generate a small amount of electrical
power.

The energy provided by the finger is force times distance moved.

Wrong with an electrical generator that uses the kinetic energy.

This is not kinetic energy at any stage,

Wrong.

Explain what kinetic energy is?

Look it up for yourself. And its the kinetic energy
of the finger stopping that the button that is what
generates the small amount of power needed to
power the zigbee transmitter.

I have, and you continue to show you're clueless.

We'll see...

It shouldn't be difficult unless google is beyond your ability.

Dont need to goggle it, I have know
what it is for 3/4 of a century, thanks.

Sound like googling is beyond you.

Then you need a new battery in your hearing
aid, you pathetic excuse for a bull**** artist.

or if it is, only internal to the machine.

Irrelevant.

The energy supplied by the operator is not kinetic energy.

Wrong. Just as wrong as your claim that zigbee isnt wifi.

Zigbee is a complete protocol stack and a form of low power, low
data rate radio communication. You can call it wireless if you like.

Wifi is a name given to a specific standard IEEE 802.11,

And zigbee is the name of the protocol that is done over that.

you can call it wireless if you like.

I can call it wifi too.

Only someone with a lack of knowledge would call it wifi.

Philips too eh ?


Even they call it wireless.


Pity it runs over wifi.


Only in your world.

BTW, Wi-Fi is a trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.

Whoopy ****ing do.

Which is a standard associated with IEEE 802.11

Duh.

Being wrong is so painful for you.

I'm not wrong, and neither is Philips.


Even they call it wireless.


Pity it runs over wifi.


Only in your world.

Only an idiot would confuse the two as being the same.

Never said they are the same, idiot.

You're the idiot that said, "Just as wrong as your claim that zigbee
isnt wifi",

Thats not saying they are the same, ****wit.

I have just rubbed your ****wit nose in the FACT that
zigbee is in fact the protocol that is operating over wifi.


You've just said "that's not saying they are the same", are you now
agreeing they are different?


Nope, that zigbee runs over wifi with that switch, ****wit.


Only in your world.

whatever did you mean by that?

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.


The final sign you have lost your argument,


You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

you've been losing a lot of arguments recently.


You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.


A triple admission of failure.



Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Small surface mount switches, maybe architrave switches? [email protected] UK diy 24 May 22nd 11 09:32 PM
Wireless light switches - Radiplug specifically Andy Cap[_5_] UK diy 2 January 24th 11 07:10 AM
Christmas Lights Los Angeles 310-925-1720 christmaslightinginstall.blogs Christmas Lights Los Angeles 310-925-1720 We sale christmas lights and install them for you, house lights, holiday lights, trees lights, christmas lights Now You Know Home Repair 0 November 24th 08 08:02 PM
Lights Lights Christmas Lights Installation Los Angeles, BeverlyHills, Santa Monica, Culver City, Marina Del Rey, Calabasas, Agoura HillsThousand Oaks Holiday Lights Installation 1-310-925-1720 Now You Know Home Repair 0 November 15th 08 03:25 AM
Wireless light switches Simon Pawson UK diy 4 November 27th 04 10:44 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2019 DIYbanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about DIY & home improvement"

 

Copyright © 2017