Old March 15th 19, 01:36 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wireless switches for lights - recommendations?

On 14/03/2019 19:29, Rod Speed wrote:

snip Hue sales pitch

It uses kinetic energy to send
a wifi signal to the base.

You were doing well until this point.

snip more Hue sales pitch

Old March 15th 19, 04:21 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Fredxx wrote
Rod Speed wrote

It uses kinetic energy to send a wifi signal to the base.

You were doing well until this point.

That’s what it does. No battery no wires.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Per...ob_title_light

Old March 15th 19, 04:33 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod Speed wrote:

Fredxx wrote
Rod Speed wrote

It uses kinetic energy to send a wifi signal to the base.

You were doing well until this point.

That's what it does. No battery no wires.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Per...Synthetics/dp/
B0748MQWP3/ref=dp_ob_title_light

I'd prefer to call it mechanical rather then kinetic energy, without
further information. But perhaps he was suggesting that Wifi was not
really an appropriate radio protocol for the purpose?

--

Roger Hayter
Old March 15th 19, 05:13 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/03/2019 15:21, Rod Speed wrote:
Fredxx wrote
Rod Speed wrote

It uses kinetic energy to send a wifi signal to the base.

You were doing well until this point.

That’s what it does. No battery no wires.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Per...ob_title_light

So what you are now saying is it uses mechanical energy to generate a
wireless signal.

Old March 15th 19, 06:28 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Psychopathic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 02:21:43 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

You were doing well until this point.

Thats what it does. No battery no wires.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Per...ob_title_light

Just do as ordered and stuff your Philips Hues up yours ...once you managed
to pull your head out of your senile arse!

--
Norman Wells addressing senile Rot:
"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."

Old March 15th 19, 06:32 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger Hayter wrote:
Rod Speed wrote:

Fredxx wrote
Rod Speed wrote

It uses kinetic energy to send a wifi signal to the base.

You were doing well until this point.

That's what it does. No battery no wires.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Per...Synthetics/dp/
B0748MQWP3/ref=dp_ob_title_light

I'd prefer to call it mechanical rather then kinetic energy, without
further information. But perhaps he was suggesting that Wifi was not
really an appropriate radio protocol for the purpose?

All the makers and sellers of them call them kinetic for some strange
reason.

--
Chris Green
·
Old March 15th 19, 07:13 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

"Roger Hayter" wrote in message
Rod Speed wrote:

Fredxx wrote
Rod Speed wrote

It uses kinetic energy to send a wifi signal to the base.

You were doing well until this point.

That's what it does. No battery no wires.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Per...Synthetics/dp/
B0748MQWP3/ref=dp_ob_title_light

I'd prefer to call it mechanical rather then
kinetic energy, without further information.

It has to be by the kinetic energy of the finger press.

But perhaps he was suggesting that Wifi was not
really an appropriate radio protocol for the purpose?

Zigbee is in fact by far the best approach because not
only does it get repeated by all the bulbs and battery
powered sensors like the motion sensors, its a proper
non proprietary standard that lets you use other than
Hue devices on your Hue system.

Old March 15th 19, 07:21 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Per...g-Synthetics/d
p/B0748MQWP3/ref=dp_ob_title_light

So what you are now saying is it uses mechanical energy to generate a
wireless signal.

Designing a nano-scale 433MHz dynamotor might be an interesting exercise
for a graduate student, but hard to modulate. I am imagining a special
cam. But I suspect they convert the force to electrical power first,
perhaps piezoelectric?

--

Roger Hayter
Old March 15th 19, 07:33 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

"Fredxx" wrote in message
On 15/03/2019 15:21, Rod Speed wrote:
Fredxx wrote
Rod Speed wrote

It uses kinetic energy to send a wifi signal to the base.

You were doing well until this point.

That’s what it does. No battery no wires.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Per...ob_title_light

So what you are now saying is it uses mechanical energy to generate a
wireless signal.

It actually uses kinetic energy from the button press.

Philips has spelt that out but I am about to head out for
the garage sale run so you will have to find that yourself.

Old March 15th 19, 07:40 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod Speed wrote:

"Roger Hayter" wrote in message
Rod Speed wrote:

Fredxx wrote
Rod Speed wrote

It uses kinetic energy to send a wifi signal to the base.

You were doing well until this point.

That's what it does. No battery no wires.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Per...Synthetics/dp/
B0748MQWP3/ref=dp_ob_title_light

I'd prefer to call it mechanical rather then
kinetic energy, without further information.

It has to be by the kinetic energy of the finger press.

I would not describe applying a force of a few hundred grams over a
millimetre or so as "kinetic" energy. Unless you cut off your fingers
and throw them at the switch.

But perhaps he was suggesting that Wifi was not
really an appropriate radio protocol for the purpose?

Zigbee is in fact by far the best approach because not
only does it get repeated by all the bulbs and battery
powered sensors like the motion sensors, it's a proper
non proprietary standard that lets you use other than
Hue devices on your Hue system.

Not Wifi then.

--

Roger Hayter