DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   New cordless Makita (slightly OT) (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/632655-new-cordless-makita-slightly-ot.html)

newshound March 13th 19 09:37 PM

New cordless Makita (slightly OT)

https://interestingengineering.com/t...ee-fix-in-2019

Brian Gaff March 14th 19 07:48 AM

New cordless Makita (slightly OT)

As long as the coffee does not have lithium in it...
Not one for coffee myself.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"newshound" wrote in message
o.uk...
https://interestingengineering.com/t...ee-fix-in-2019

Harry Bloomfield[_3_] March 14th 19 08:24 AM

New cordless Makita (slightly OT)

newshound laid this down on his screen :
https://interestingengineering.com/t...ee-fix-in-2019

I cannot really see my having a use for that, even if they were to give
me one. Another gadget to use twice, then stuff in a cupboard when you
get fed up of the faffing.

Andy Bennet March 14th 19 08:44 AM

On 13/03/2019 21:37, newshound wrote:
https://interestingengineering.com/t...ee-fix-in-2019

Hmm, by my calcs to heat a cup (330ml ?) of water through 90C takes 35Wh.
Given a fully charged 18V 4Ah cell that should be good for two cups.
Think I'll stick to my Thermos full of boiling water thanks.

newshound March 14th 19 09:51 AM

On 14/03/2019 08:44, Andy Bennet wrote:
On 13/03/2019 21:37, newshound wrote:
https://interestingengineering.com/t...ee-fix-in-2019

Hmm, by my calcs to heat a cup (330ml ?) of water through 90C takes 35Wh.
Given a fully charged 18V 4Ah cell that should be good for two cups.
Think I'll stick to my Thermos full of boiling water thanks.

Oops I didn't think to do that sum; good spot!

Mains powered bean-to-cup machines are wonderful, though.

Tim+[_5_] March 14th 19 03:02 PM

Andy Bennet wrote:
On 13/03/2019 21:37, newshound wrote:
https://interestingengineering.com/t...ee-fix-in-2019

Hmm, by my calcs to heat a cup (330ml ?) of water through 90C takes 35Wh.
Given a fully charged 18V 4Ah cell that should be good for two cups.
Think I'll stick to my Thermos full of boiling water thanks.

I hadnt done the sums but it does seem particularly pointless. I did
wonder if it was originally prepared for April Fools day?

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Andy Bennet March 14th 19 03:26 PM

On 14/03/2019 15:02, Tim+ wrote:
Andy Bennet wrote:
On 13/03/2019 21:37, newshound wrote:
https://interestingengineering.com/t...ee-fix-in-2019

Hmm, by my calcs to heat a cup (330ml ?) of water through 90C takes 35Wh.
Given a fully charged 18V 4Ah cell that should be good for two cups.
Think I'll stick to my Thermos full of boiling water thanks.

I hadnt done the sums but it does seem particularly pointless. I did
wonder if it was originally prepared for April Fools day?

Tim

I don't think so. Seems to be a genuine market for this type of novelty.
Plenty of USB powered kettles and toasters still around ready for the
unwitting purchaser.