Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Re-using an old bath

I've removed an old iron bath.
What could I use it for
or must I smash it up and take the bits to the tip?

george
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/03/2019 10:52, George Miles wrote:
I've removed an old iron bath.
What could I use it for
or must I smash it up and take the bits to the tip?

Outdoor Jacuzzi?

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 13 March 2019 10:52:25 UTC, George Miles wrote:
I've removed an old iron bath.
What could I use it for
or must I smash it up and take the bits to the tip?

george

They can be refurbished (enamellwise) hence are quite valuable.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

harry wrote:

George Miles wrote:

I've removed an old iron bath.

They can be refurbished (enamellwise) hence are quite valuable.

Loads for £10 collection-only on eBay, and lots of unsold ones at
"hopeful" prices (unless it's a roll-top).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
harry wrote:

George Miles wrote:

I've removed an old iron bath.

They can be refurbished (enamellwise) hence are quite valuable.

Loads for £10 collection-only on eBay, and lots of unsold ones at
"hopeful" prices (unless it's a roll-top).

I WANT A SLIPPER BATH......

Posted to uk.d-i-y

A unique planter?
A custom designed art project?

I guess it depends what stat its in!

Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"George Miles" wrote in message
I've removed an old iron bath.
What could I use it for
or must I smash it up and take the bits to the tip?

george

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/03/2019 14:37, Brian Gaff wrote:
A unique planter?
A custom designed art project?

I guess it depends what stat its in!

Brian

Is it really iron, or just pressed steel? Roll top cast iron look nice
when taken out of the frame, especially if they have proper claw feet.

Cast iron is *very heavy* and surprisingly difficult to break up with a
sledge hammer. And that won't work at all for steel!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, March 13, 2019 at 2:41:38 PM UTC, newshound wrote:
On 13/03/2019 14:37, Brian Gaff wrote:
A unique planter?
A custom designed art project?

I guess it depends what stat its in!

Brian

Is it really iron, or just pressed steel? Roll top cast iron look nice
when taken out of the frame, especially if they have proper claw feet.

Cast iron is *very heavy* and surprisingly difficult to break up with a
sledge hammer. And that won't work at all for steel!

I dont know if its iron or steel
[g]
Posted to uk.d-i-y

George Miles wrote:

I dont know if its iron or steel

steel ones are about 3mm thickness, iron typically double that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

George Miles Wrote in message:
I've removed an old iron bath.
What could I use it for
or must I smash it up and take the bits to the tip?

Planter?
Carrot flies don't like it when the carrots are planted above
ground level....

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"George Miles" wrote in message
I've removed an old iron bath.
What could I use it for
or must I smash it up and take the bits to the tip?

Some do fill them with dirt and grow stuff in them, in the backyard.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
harry wrote:

George Miles wrote:

I've removed an old iron bath.

They can be refurbished (enamellwise) hence are quite valuable.

Loads for £10 collection-only on eBay, and lots of unsold ones at
"hopeful" prices (unless it's a roll-top).

I WANT A SLIPPER BATH......

Well you can't have one. We need somewhere to put the coal, stupid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/03/2019 15:00, Andy Burns wrote:
George Miles wrote:

I dont know if its iron or steel

steel ones are about 3mm thickness, iron typically double that.

Easy enough to tell from the shape and finish, once the back side is
exposed. If you can lift one end on your own, it is steel :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ,
newshound writes
George Miles wrote:

I dont know if its iron or steel

steel ones are about 3mm thickness, iron typically double that.

Easy enough to tell from the shape and finish, once the back side is
exposed. If you can lift one end on your own, it is steel :-)

Small pond?

--
Tim Lamb

Posted to uk.d-i-y

newshound wrote:

If you can lift one end on your own, it is steel :-)

There is that, however the chap that delivered mine (1800x800 and 55kg)
carried it into the garage single-handed.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 03:52:22 -0700 (PDT), George Miles
wrote:

I've removed an old iron bath.
What could I use it for
or must I smash it up and take the bits to the tip?

Bathtub gin?

Thomas Prufer
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Psychopathic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 04:22:17 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

I WANT A SLIPPER BATH......

Well you can't have one. We need somewhere to put the coal, stupid.

You need psychiatric treatment, senile cretin!

--
about senile Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More Heavy Trolling by Senile Nym-Shifting Rot Speed!

On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 04:11:00 +1100, Jac Brown, better known as cantankerous
trolling senile geezer Rot Speed, wrote:

I've removed an old iron bath.
What could I use it for
or must I smash it up and take the bits to the tip?

Some do fill them with dirt and grow stuff in them, in the backyard.

He could fill it up with the **** you keep producing online every day,
senile Rot!

--
pamela about Rot Speed:
"His off the cuff expertise demonstrates how little he knows..."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, March 13, 2019 at 11:57:29 PM UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
harry wrote:

George Miles wrote:

I've removed an old iron bath.

They can be refurbished (enamellwise) hence are quite valuable.

Loads for £10 collection-only on eBay, and lots of unsold ones at
"hopeful" prices (unless it's a roll-top).

I WANT A SLIPPER BATH......

Well you can't have one. We need somewhere to put the coal, stupid.

Ten bonus points to Rod Speed !