Old March 12th 19, 10:21 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default How to turn off the reversing noise ROADSTER DX-8

On 12/03/2019 22:11, [email protected] wrote:
On 12/03/2019 21:54, ARW wrote:
On 12/03/2019 18:48, [email protected] wrote:
On 12/03/2019 18:43, alan_m wrote:
On 12/03/2019 17:45, Brian Gaff wrote:
Is not the reversing noise there for persons like myself who are
blind and
might not know you were reversing?

Sorry but I don't get it. its a safety feature and we have just won
the
right to get all electric vehicles given a sound which cannot be
turned off.
* Brian

FFS are we going to get sound pollution from all the electric cars
reversing in/out of driveways at silly o'clock every day?

No they are going to make a noise when moving in either direction,
just like cars with engines do.

I have no idea what the deaf blind are going to do when stupid
drivers hit them.

Probably the same as they do now. They get hurt.

They are not going to see or hear you no matter how many warning
lights or buzzers you fit to a car.

Yes but people that know how to drive take these things into account,
the stupid don't.

IIRC about 10% of drivers are deaf but some people still think sounding
horns will get a reaction from everyone.

I would say that 0.01% of drivers are blind considering my trip up the
MWay today.

Adam

Old March 12th 19, 10:23 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/03/2019 21:54, ARW wrote:
[...]

It was (still is?) legal for the registered blind to drive if they can
read the numberplate at the required distance.

Old March 13th 19, 09:03 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

Bill Wright explained :
If you can find the actual sounder you could simply snip one of the wires (or
fit a switch), then tape up the end so it doesn't short on anything. The
sounder is likely to be a little round thing somewhere under a panel at the
back. Get someone to find it by listening.

I've looked through the user manual and can't find anything. The maintenance
manual I can't find on line.

A blob of bluetac stuck over the sounder's hole, would almost silence
it.
Old March 13th 19, 09:04 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher expressed precisely :
Many years ago in 'studio sound' anmd umnterview with a famnout guitarist
took place.
"And why do you run your loudpeaker cabinets with no grilles? Is it to get a
specuially opure sound?"

Again, in English please?
Old March 13th 19, 11:03 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

The Natural Philosopher expressed precisely :
Many years ago in 'studio sound' anmd umnterview with a famnout guitarist
took place.
"And why do you run your loudpeaker cabinets with no grilles? Is it to get a
specuially opure sound?"

Again, in English please?

Like most, I don't get all my postings completely accurate, but
my spell checker sorts out much of my ramblings before they are
released into the wild.

I can't quite understand why TNP clearly doesn't use this
facility, is it some sort of aversion to the technology?

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.

Old March 13th 19, 12:29 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/03/2019 11:03, Chris J Dixon wrote:
Harry Bloomfield wrote:

The Natural Philosopher expressed precisely :
Many years ago in 'studio sound' anmd umnterview with a famnout guitarist
took place.
"And why do you run your loudpeaker cabinets with no grilles? Is it to get a
specuially opure sound?"

Again, in English please?

Like most, I don't get all my postings completely accurate, but
my spell checker sorts out much of my ramblings before they are
released into the wild.

I can't quite understand why TNP clearly doesn't use this
facility, is it some sort of aversion to the technology?

1/. It takes time

2/. It takes finger power that arthritis is denying me.

Chris

--
“Some people like to travel by train because it combines the slowness of
a car with the cramped public exposure of

Dennis Miller

Old March 13th 19, 02:02 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

2/. It takes finger power that arthritis is denying me.

Start using dictation software. Then, you'll spout even more nonsense
(as the software adds its own interpretation quite often) but it will be
perfectly spelt.

Actually, you'll be able to increase your NPH (nonsense per hour), as
dictation is a lot faster than typing.

HTH

Old March 13th 19, 03:15 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Chris J Dixon wrote:
Harry Bloomfield wrote:

The Natural Philosopher expressed precisely :
Many years ago in 'studio sound' anmd umnterview with a famnout guitarist
took place.
"And why do you run your loudpeaker cabinets with no grilles? Is it to get a
specuially opure sound?"

Again, in English please?

Like most, I don't get all my postings completely accurate, but
my spell checker sorts out much of my ramblings before they are
released into the wild.

I can't quite understand why TNP clearly doesn't use this
facility, is it some sort of aversion to the technology?

Seems to me just a typical extreme Brexiteer. Making anything plain to all
the last thing he wants.

--
*Time is what keeps everything from happening at once.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Old March 13th 19, 05:12 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

"Chris J Dixon" wrote in message
Harry Bloomfield wrote:

The Natural Philosopher expressed precisely :
Many years ago in 'studio sound' anmd umnterview with a famnout
guitarist
took place.
"And why do you run your loudpeaker cabinets with no grilles? Is it to
get a
specuially opure sound?"

Again, in English please?

Like most, I don't get all my postings completely accurate, but
my spell checker sorts out much of my ramblings before they are
released into the wild.

I can't quite understand why TNP clearly doesn't use this
facility, is it some sort of aversion to the technology?

He's too incompetent to work out how to add a spelling checker.

Old March 14th 19, 11:25 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Psychopathic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 05:41:36 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

FLUSH yet more of the usual senile troll****

--
Norman Wells addressing senile Rot: