DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   re Batteries genuine ones for MOTO 3 Gen (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/632455-re-batteries-genuine-ones-moto-3-gen.html)

tony sayer March 9th 19 10:46 PM

re Batteries genuine ones for MOTO 3 Gen

I've got a Motorola MOTO 3rd Gen phone works fine, does all i need of it
except at a few years old the battery doesn't last the working day
anymore.

Before I go to try to change the battery can anyone recommend a supplier
of genuine Motorola batteries or a decent supplier of good quality
ones?.

TIA..
--
Tony Sayer

Michael Chare[_4_] March 9th 19 11:48 PM

On 09/03/2019 22:46, tony sayer wrote:

I've got a Motorola MOTO 3rd Gen phone works fine, does all i need of it
except at a few years old the battery doesn't last the working day
anymore.

Before I go to try to change the battery can anyone recommend a supplier
of genuine Motorola batteries or a decent supplier of good quality
ones?.

TIA..

I bought a battery for a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini from an ebay supplier
called dar-world-ltd. Cost £3.94 and appears OK. If that helps!

--
Michael Chare

[email protected] March 10th 19 09:15 AM

On Saturday, 9 March 2019 23:48:12 UTC, Michael Chare wrote:
On 09/03/2019 22:46, tony sayer wrote:

I've got a Motorola MOTO 3rd Gen phone works fine, does all i need of it
except at a few years old the battery doesn't last the working day
anymore.

Before I go to try to change the battery can anyone recommend a supplier
of genuine Motorola batteries or a decent supplier of good quality
ones?.

TIA..

I bought a battery for a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini from an ebay supplier
called dar-world-ltd. Cost £3.94 and appears OK. If that helps!

google c grade battery

NT

John Rumm March 10th 19 01:03 PM

re Batteries genuine ones for MOTO 3 Gen

On 09/03/2019 22:46, tony sayer wrote:

I've got a Motorola MOTO 3rd Gen phone works fine, does all i need of it
except at a few years old the battery doesn't last the working day
anymore.

Sometimes its worth looking at the price of a new "old stock" phone. My
daughter cracked the screen on her Moto G4, and I was looking at screens
for them. Then I realised that the price of a new G4 was only about £60
(the "current" model at the time was the G6)

--
Cheers,

John.

newshound March 10th 19 04:21 PM

re Batteries genuine ones for MOTO 3 Gen

On 09/03/2019 22:46, tony sayer wrote:

I've got a Motorola MOTO 3rd Gen phone works fine, does all i need of it
except at a few years old the battery doesn't last the working day
anymore.

Before I go to try to change the battery can anyone recommend a supplier
of genuine Motorola batteries or a decent supplier of good quality
ones?.

TIA..

Funnily enough my Moto 5 started running the battery down quickly a week
or so ago. It has a "plug in" battery like a camera, I bought a genuine
replacement (at least, if it is a fake it is a good one) and that
behaves exactly the same way. So, did a factory reset and rebuilt it
with a small subset of apps, and that *seemed* to fix the problem, but
only for a day or so. This morning it reported an SD card error so I
took that out, and the predicted life was fine. Except that 8 hours
later it is at 15%.

More or less resigned to getting a replacement phone.