Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default windows 10 spell checker not working

had to go back to thunderbird on windows 10 and my spell checker is not
working....it is set to check as I am typing and before sending but it
doesn't...any ideas?.....
--
I believe in a better world where Chickens can cross the road without
having their motives questioned
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/03/2019 09:30, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
had to go back to thunderbird on windows 10 and my spell checker is not
working....it is set to check as I am typing and before sending but it
doesn't...any ideas?.....

ignore added a dictionary

--
I believe in a better world where Chickens can cross the road without
having their motives questioned
Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV advert or brian reay is
right for you
What if the hokey cokey IS what it is all about ?
Life is too short to wait for windows 10 updates
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/03/2019 10:08, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Sat, 9 Mar 2019 09:30:44 +0000, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
wrote:

had to go back to thunderbird on windows 10 and my spell checker is not
working....it is set to check as I am typing and before sending but it
doesn't...any ideas?.....

I can't remember the details, but a couple of months ago the default
dictionary I've used automatically for ever and without thinking,
suddenly stopped working. Apparently it was no longer compatible with
a recent TB upgrade. I switched to the British English Dictionary by
Marco Pinto http://proofingtoolgui.org as an add-on. Works fine
now.

that must be what happened here ....thanks

--
I believe in a better world where Chickens can cross the road without
having their motives questioned
Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV advert or brian reay is
right for you
What if the hokey cokey IS what it is all about ?
Life is too short to wait for windows 10 updates
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I think much in the same way as Firefox lost access to a lot of Add Ons when
they started to use the Quantum engine, when Third did the same the same
problem happened there as well. If you look at add ons you see that some are
disabled due to incompatibility.
I myself question the effort put into the new engines in these bits of
software. they are supposed to make the code more secure as add ons can no
longer be used as vectors to hack into them, but sadly the performance has
suffered as a result and how many people do you know ho have been hacked
through a browser or email program? Normally its a bad choice made by a user
or lack of care of what emails are opened and acted upon. People expect
their anti virus to catch everything, but if that was the case, then there
would be no need for virus definition updates.
Most of the folk who have been hacked seem to have downloaded malware
directly or been duped by phishing emails and other stuff.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
wrote:

[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
[...]

Sure, but its still desirable to minimise the difficultys
that the more naïve users can get into.

wrote:

[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 11 Mar 2019 07:30:14 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

Most of the folk who have been hacked seem to have downloaded malware
directly or been duped by phishing emails and other stuff.

Sure, but its still desirable to minimise the difficultys
that the more naïve users can get into.

Nobody was talking to you, senile asshole!

--
Bod addressing abnormal senile quarreller Rot:
"Do you practice arguing with yourself in an empty room?"

Spell properly Swingman Woodworking 0 July 23rd 11 10:35 PM
How much are you spending on heating per day during this cold spell? MM UK diy 105 January 10th 10 06:07 PM
How do you spell Christmas? - "DeWalt" DerbyDad03 Woodworking 1 December 25th 07 10:49 PM
How do you spell Christmas? - "DeWalt" DerbyDad03 Home Repair 1 December 25th 07 10:49 PM
Crysler speakers model CE-1A, (yes I did spell that correctly) [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 March 28th 06 06:30 AM