Old March 8th 19, 10:27 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 8 Mar 2019 12:05:45 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

I've got one of those myself, but I keep chasing it out of the house,
quite literally. It can get into the house and does so most days.
It gets in the the part of the house thats the massive workshop.

It's the greediest lazy fat *******

This one is pretty lender, not skinny like its not getting
enough to eat, and its coat is in excellent condition,
likely just another slut of a cat like yours before
Toby that got run over whose name I have forgotten.

I really wonder how much of your never-ending bull**** stories is really
true or just made up, off the cuff, to seize the opportunity to spout yet
more bull****.

--
Bill Wright addressing senile Ozzie cretin Rot Speed:
"Well you make up a lot of stuff and it's total ******** most of it."

Old March 8th 19, 07:53 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Taxis and dogs

In article ,
says...

Terry Casey wrote:

Yes and you boarded and left the first escalators sideways!

I don't know which side for certain but I'm sure I've seen a
picture showing as the left side. I wonder if it would have as
easy for him if it had been the other side?

This one ?
https://goo.gl/images/cePsw9

That's not the picture I recall and it's not easy to see what
is going on there This picture of a model in the LT Museum's
Acton depot is clearer, if you ignore that horrid grid!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3663/...bf3be8c46f.jpg

Strictly speaking it wasn?t LT back then.

Agreed.

--

Terry

---
https://www.avg.com

Old March 8th 19, 09:10 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 07/03/2019 21:28, Marland wrote:
ARW wrote:

at the moment it’s a 50/50 bet now that dog is 9 and she nearly 90 who will
go first.

It's a 50/50 ATM what will happen if the cat opens the vivarium (it
keeps having a go at it).

Do I get a fatter cat or a fat snake?

--
Adam
Old March 8th 19, 09:47 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:

at the moment it’s a 50/50 bet now that dog is 9 and she nearly 90 who
will
go first.

It's a 50/50 ATM what will happen if the cat opens the vivarium (it
keeps having a go at it).

Do I get a fatter cat or a fat snake?

Hush! The RSPCA don't have much of a sense of humour (or proportion)
these days

--
Robin
Old March 9th 19, 07:57 AM posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

ARW wrote:

at the moment it’s a 50/50 bet now that dog is 9 and she nearly 90
who will
go first.

It's a 50/50 ATM what will happen if the cat opens the vivarium (it
keeps having a go at it).

Do I get a fatter cat or a fat snake?

Hush! The RSPCA don't have much of a sense of humour (or proportion)
these days

They did once turn up at my house after an anonymous tip off about
cruelty to my cat. It took them 5 seconds to realise it was a hoax call.

--
Adam

Old March 15th 19, 09:45 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 06/03/2019 05:38, Richard wrote:
On 05/03/2019 19:18, ARW wrote:
On 05/03/2019 12:51, charles wrote:
In article , Clive Arthur
wrote:
On 05/03/2019 10:13, NY wrote:

snip

My feeling is that if you choose to do a customer-facing role, whether
it is a taxi driver, a maker of cakes or a proprietor of a hotel, you
undertake to put the law of the land ahead of your own personal
feelings.

So you commit to drive all passengers, even those with dogs;

snip

But the 'law of the land' doesn't day that you have to carry 'pet'
dogs.
** And why should you?* What next, goats, pigs?

But on London Underground escalators is says "Dogs must be carried"

Please tell me that I am not the only person on this newsgroup who
thinks that this is very funny

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xkqlq1

FFS, Adam. I am mortified that you find that amusing. You are one sick
******* and you'll be pleased to know that makes two of us. ****ing
hilarious, thanks.

I forgot about this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AGcW0C3cHs

back hander to the bloke in the wheelchair at about 49 seconds.

--
Adam
Old March 16th 19, 08:55 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
On 05/03/2019 10:13, NY wrote:

[...]

FFS, if you're gonna do pitch invasions and are disabled use the right
tool, or get a slap:
http://www.ziesel-adventures.com/wel...s/ziesel-sport
Old March 16th 19, 02:00 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Steve Walker wrote:
The cases where a registrar has been forced out because they disagree
with gay marriage are wrong. There will always have been others within
the team who could take on the gay weddings. It should have been just a
case of dividing up the weddings appropriately so that all were covered.

Given it's not a religious ceremony, would it also be OK for a registrar
to refuse to marry say a black man to a white girl on some form of
principle?

--
*A bicycle can't stand alone because it's two tyred.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Old March 16th 19, 03:11 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Steve Walker wrote:
The cases where a registrar has been forced out because they disagree
with gay marriage are wrong. There will always have been others within
the team who could take on the gay weddings. It should have been just a
case of dividing up the weddings appropriately so that all were covered.

Given it's not a religious ceremony, would it also be OK for a registrar
to refuse to marry say a black man to a white girl on some form of
principle?

Or indeed a black boy to a white woman. Language is a wonderful thing.
It is quite possible the "girl" may think she is grown up.

--

Roger Hayter
Old March 16th 19, 04:26 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Roger Hayter wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Steve Walker wrote:
The cases where a registrar has been forced out because they
disagree with gay marriage are wrong. There will always have been
others within the team who could take on the gay weddings. It should
have been just a case of dividing up the weddings appropriately so
that all were covered.

Given it's not a religious ceremony, would it also be OK for a
registrar to refuse to marry say a black man to a white girl on some
form of principle?

Or indeed a black boy to a white woman. Language is a wonderful thing.
It is quite possible the "girl" may think she is grown up.

No age difference was implied. Other words to describe males and females
are available at all good dictionaries.

--
*You are validating my inherent mistrust of strangers