Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What do YOU pay for broadband?

Here. IDNET, fixed IP address. ADSL2+. 6596kbps DOWN 1059kbps UP

Line rental + broadband is £28 + 20% VAT.

£30.80

PAYG phone calls extra on that - usually a couple of quid a month...

Mobile - PAYG as well on 3 Mobile. Generally also a couple of quid a month.

--
"Strange as it seems, no amount of learning can cure stupidity, and
higher education positively fortifies it."

- Stephen Vizinczey

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Here. IDNET, fixed IP address. ADSL2+. 6596kbps DOWN 1059kbps UP

Line rental + broadband is £28 + 20% VAT.

£30.80

PAYG phone calls extra on that - usually a couple of quid a month...

Mobile - PAYG as well on 3 Mobile. Generally also a couple of quid a month.

Same here, but not surprising as I am also with Idenet
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Here. IDNET, fixed IP address. ADSL2+. 6596kbps DOWN 1059kbps UP

Line rental + broadband is £28 + 20% VAT.

£30.80

PAYG phone calls extra on that - usually a couple of quid a month...

Mobile - PAYG as well on 3 Mobile. Generally also a couple of quid a month.

Plusnet fixed IP address FTC 72Mbps down, 20Mbps up (this is what I
actually get).
Broadband + Anytime phone £27.99/mth inc. VAT

Line rental on top £197.88 inc VAT for year.

Mobile 2.5GB data, Unlimited text, unlimited calls £7.00 inc VAT/month
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Here. IDNET, fixed IP address. ADSL2+. 6596kbps DOWN 1059kbps UP
Line rental + broadband is £28 + 20% VAT.
£30.80

eh? I make that £33.60

Plusnet, 8 fixed IPs, VDSL2, 79.9Mbps down 19.9Mbps up
Line rental £19/m, broadband £21/m (inc VAT)

It's been a while since I played through the "I might leave, why not
give me some discount" routine, I see the website is currently offering
me £8/m discount if I renew for 18 months, which I ought to do, so then
it'd be £32/month, I should also renew the line rental saver which would
effectively cut it to £29.50/m

PAYG phone calls extra on that - usually a couple of quid a month...

I have more minutes on the mobile than I can shake a stick at, so don't
pay to have another bundle on the landline.

Mobile - PAYG as well on 3 Mobile. Generally also a couple of quid a month.

I did have Plusnet SIM only, but left because they don't support SMS to
short codes (such as banks).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/03/2019 16:03, Broadback wrote:

Here. IDNET, fixed IP address. ADSL2+. 6596kbps DOWN 1059kbps UP

Line rental + broadband is £28 + 20% VAT.

£30.80

PAYG phone calls extra on that - usually a couple of quid a month...

Mobile - PAYG as well on 3 Mobile. Generally also a couple of quid a
month.

Same here, but not surprising as I am also with Idenet

Also IDNet, but I'm £39.6 per month (paid yearly) for 55/10 FTTC Unlimited.

I hadn't realised IDNet was so popular. In fact I never really think
about them at all, which I guess is a sign of good service.

Mobile PAYG GiffGaff £5 a month bundle 500MB data and 150 minutes.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 2 March 2019 15:59:31 UTC, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Here. IDNET, fixed IP address. ADSL2+. 6596kbps DOWN 1059kbps UP
Line rental + broadband is £28 + 20% VAT.
£30.80
PAYG phone calls extra on that - usually a couple of quid a month...

Equivalent to £16.50 / month inc VAT, EE. That was an 18 month contract with a gift card on signing up, which I've taken into account (and meant free Ebay for most of last year).

Download Speed (Mbps): 15.36. Upload Speed (Mbps) : 0.83 Ping Latency (ms): 642

Not sure why that upload speed is so low, but BTWholesale speed checker says it is.

All chargeable outgoing calls via Sipgate at 1.2p/min

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes

Zen, about 50pm for land line, most phone calls (not to mobiles), FTTC
broadband with unlimited usage and a UK based helpline who talk English
and do actually help. Nominal download 76 Mbps but can hit 100+ hard
wired. Actual usage (teenager in house!) usually 5-600GB per month
downloaded, but has been over 1000GB without a word from Zen.
--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Here. IDNET, fixed IP address. ADSL2+. 6596kbps DOWN 1059kbps UP

Line rental + broadband is £28 + 20% VAT.

£30.80

PAYG phone calls extra on that - usually a couple of quid a month...

Mobile - PAYG as well on 3 Mobile. Generally also a couple of quid a month.

Were I to continue my Vodafone FTTC 40/10 service it would cost me
£21pm. No calls as I use VOIP. As it is I plan to move to Plusnet which
with LRS works out a few quid cheaper for the 18 month contract. My
lines syncs at 40mbps as I am not to far from the cabinet but to far to
get much benefit from a 80/20 service.

Elsewhere I pay £41.30 for a Gigaclear fibre service where I expect
speed tests to run at 500mbps down and up. Again I use VOIP.

--
Michael Chare
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I have 200 MB/s down and 10 MB/s down on virgin media broadband for £45 a month. This is without a phone line or cable TV package.

I also have a contract 4g broadband as back up and that gives me 40 MB/s both ways and 100GB data per month for 20 quid monthly with unlimited text messaging and unlimited voice calls.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Here. IDNET, fixed IP address. ADSL2+. 6596kbps DOWN 1059kbps UP

Line rental + broadband is £28 + 20% VAT.

£30.80

PAYG phone calls extra on that - usually a couple of quid a month...

Mobile - PAYG as well on 3 Mobile. Generally also a couple of quid a month.

Plusnet FTTC 40/10 £4.65 pm (actually £7.15 pm but I save £2.50 pm on
referral discount); £197.88 for line rental saver to include evening and
weekend calls. So £21.14 pm.

Smarty mobile: unlimited calls, unlimited texts, 1GB data, £6.25 pm. The
deal includes 3 free months and a £10 Amazon voucher if we stay 12
months. So, effectively, £3.85 pm. They've said they will continue with
EU roaming on deal or no-deal.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes

Here. IDNET, fixed IP address. ADSL2+. 6596kbps DOWN 1059kbps UP

Line rental + broadband is £28 + 20% VAT.

£30.80

PAYG phone calls extra on that - usually a couple of quid a month...

Mobile - PAYG as well on 3 Mobile. Generally also a couple of quid a month.

OK, for Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Plus, line rental and free phone call
package, I'm paying £47.25 pm. Son has the same, but without the free
phone package for about £37 per month. This makes his discount about £3
pm.

This is the 66/20Mbps rate, and I'm getting, measured via the wifi here
40/17. This seems pretty consistent.

I paid nothing to get a static IP address. I see this now has a one-off
fee of £5.

Neither son or I have had any complaints about the actual service, and
we have talked to fine Yorkshiremen, him for his price cut, me for one
phone fault. My drop wire runs through next door's huge tree.

I do "support" other old friends and they have almost all had ISP
problems. One friend is pretty deaf, and I have to go and see him when
he has faults to act as interpreter for the Indian on the line. Last
time that was with Virgin, but I have talked to TalkTalk, Sky and others
at his house as he has become increasingly disillusioned over the years.
Virgin is better than his earlier ones.
--
Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

Here. IDNET, fixed IP address. ADSL2+. 6596kbps DOWN 1059kbps UP

Line rental + broadband is £28 + 20% VAT.

£30.80

PAYG phone calls extra on that - usually a couple of quid a month...

Mobile - PAYG as well on 3 Mobile. Generally also a couple of quid a month.

'broadband', well let's call it internet, it's fast enough for me and it
works, which makes it as good if not better than the landlines my
neighbours complain about: Three Mobile data, 40gb/month for £14.

Voice phone, Tesco mobile PAYG, maybe a £10 top up once or twice a year.

--
djc

(–€Ì¿Ä¹Ì¯–€Ì¿ Ì¿)
No low-hanging fruit, just a lot of small berries up a tall tree.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 2 Mar 2019 15:59:28 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

VM cable BB (was CableTel NTL World) £35.74 pm for ~20D/2U

I've not clicked for a 'free speed upgrade' for a while as I'm happy
with the speed but not the ever increasing price.

Time to give them another call methinks ...

Still have a BT LL and it was down for a few days lately but because
*we* use it infrequently (some use it to call us though) I didn't even
get round to reporting it for a few days. ;-(

We still have 18185 but most of the call costs are from my Mum (also
on our account). ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Here. IDNET, fixed IP address. ADSL2+. 6596kbps DOWN 1059kbps UP

Line rental + broadband is £28 + 20% VAT.

£30.80

Well I just had a visitation from the broadband fairy, and have finally
managed to upgrade from a pair of ADSL2 running at a whopping 1.6M/600K,
to FTTP 160M/30M, which it is fair to say is "better" :-))

FTTP on its own with IDNet 51.60/month inc VAT

Landline phone (no BB on that line now) with IDNet, unlimited calls and
call divert etc £17.35 inc VAT/month

Landline phone, Evening / WE calls + call divert and ADSL2 unlimited BB
with plusnet £29.73 inc VAT/month (actually 32.48, but I get a few
referral discounts)

(all static IP)

PAYG phone calls extra on that - usually a couple of quid a month...

Some call charges (mostly to mobiles) might also get added on to the
above - typically about £10/month on the business line. National calls
normally free with the bundle)

Mobile - PAYG as well on 3 Mobile. Generally also a couple of quid a month.

I normally do a £5 giffgaff "goodie bag" which covers all my usage (150
mins, 500 txts, 500MB)

Actually looking at the numbers I could probably save £10/month by using
the mobile for most of the calls to mobiles - since they would come out
of the bundle...

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/03/2019 16:13, Andy Bennet wrote:

Here. IDNET, fixed IP address. ADSL2+. 6596kbps DOWN 1059kbps UP

Line rental + broadband is £28 + 20% VAT.

£30.80

PAYG phone calls extra on that - usually a couple of quid a month...

Mobile - PAYG as well on 3 Mobile. Generally also a couple of quid a
month.

Plusnet fixed IP address FTC 72Mbps down, 20Mbps up (this is what I
actually get).
Broadband + Anytime phone £27.99/mth inc. VAT

Line rental on top £197.88 inc VAT for year.

so total is £44.48 per month - OK if you are naking the phone calls I guess.

Mobile 2.5GB data, Unlimited text, unlimited calls £7.00 inc VAT/month

Again OK if you use it.

and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally
important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for
the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the
truth is the greatest enemy of the State.

Joseph Goebbels

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher was thinking very hard :
Line rental + broadband is £28 + 20% VAT.

£30.80

Plusnet a negotiated deal for FTTC fibre /copper £30.48

That includes...
broadband 40Mbs
Line
unlimited free UK calls of upto 1 hour per call
2000 minutes of free calls to mobile numbers
email
caller ID
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes Mine in Virgin is just over the 50 quid but that is because I get so
called free calls on the land line any time of day and to mobiles I suppose.
I'd rather do it this way as I worked it out that since nearly everyone I
want to talk to uses their mobile it world otherwise cost even more.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Andy Bennet" wrote in message
o.uk...

Here. IDNET, fixed IP address. ADSL2+. 6596kbps DOWN 1059kbps UP

Line rental + broadband is £28 + 20% VAT.

£30.80

PAYG phone calls extra on that - usually a couple of quid a month...

Mobile - PAYG as well on 3 Mobile. Generally also a couple of quid a
month.

Plusnet fixed IP address FTC 72Mbps down, 20Mbps up (this is what I
actually get).
Broadband + Anytime phone £27.99/mth inc. VAT

Line rental on top £197.88 inc VAT for year.

Mobile 2.5GB data, Unlimited text, unlimited calls £7.00 inc VAT/month

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Here. IDNET, fixed IP address. ADSL2+. 6596kbps DOWN 1059kbps UP

Line rental + broadband is £28 + 20% VAT.

£30.80

PAYG phone calls extra on that - usually a couple of quid a month...

Mobile - PAYG as well on 3 Mobile. Generally also a couple of quid a month.

£47.50* per month with VM for cable internet + landline phone

100/5 (tbbx 65)
unlimited usage
unlimited anytime calls to 01/02/03/08
unlimited calls to Virgin Mobile
caller ID
email servers
Usenet servers (including binaries)
low latency/contention

* but about to fall to £37.50 following their mishandling of a complaint
over packet loss over Xmas that most people wouldn't have noticed

--
Robin

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 03/03/2019 08:50, Robin wrote:

Here. IDNET, fixed IP address. ADSL2+. 6596kbps DOWN 1059kbps UP

Line rental + broadband is £28 + 20% VAT.

£30.80

PAYG phone calls extra on that - usually a couple of quid a month...

Mobile - PAYG as well on 3 Mobile. Generally also a couple of quid a
month.

£47.50* per month with VM for cable internet + landline phone

100/5 (tbbx 65)
unlimited usage
unlimited anytime calls to 01/02/03/08
unlimited calls to Virgin Mobile
caller ID
email servers
Usenet servers (including binaries)
low latency/contention

* but about to fall to £37.50 following their mishandling of a complaint
over packet loss over Xmas that most people wouldn't have noticed

That sound like my bill (just with caller reject added)

So what have I not noticed?

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/03/2019 08:55, ARW wrote:
[...]

It won't have affected you. It was a network problem limited to
North/East London causing packet loss.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/end8zxhcb6...20BQM.png?dl=0

Probably not noticeable unless streaming/gaming/downloading. But VM
refused to accept there was a problem; wasted time with useless tech
visits; and then closed my complaint without my agreement. After the
last I just mentioned "Ofcom's Approved Code of Practice" and refund
plus price cut followed. A better negotiator would probably have got more.

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 2 Mar 2019 15:59:28 +0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Copper line: Line rental saver just under £200/year. Plus Total Care
£4/month. Used for ADSL2+ and power failure phone backup. Cells are
few an far between, power goes at the local TV/telecoms mast all
mobile networks are off or very poor. Not used for calls, they are
VOIP via SIPGate, approx £30/year.

ADSL2+ (best available, no FTTC) £25/month 5 Mbps down 0.75 Mbps up.
200 G plus rollover.

£20/year electricty for the local wireless network kit we host. Free
connection, should be 10 Mbps up/down but tests at 50+ Mbps up/down
since a change in backhaul before Christmas. I've told 'em once...
Unlimited.

Backup 'net connection via Asda Mobile SIM Only. Two chargeable
uses/year (pence) plus any actual use if both the ADSL and Wireless
are down. Runs on 4G EE, 30+ Mbps down.

Phone was TPO untill they stopped trading. £4.99/month for more than
enough data/mins/txts. Was going to move to Asda Mobile at
£5.00/month but they don't allow customer controlled call forwarding!
That's a must have...

Can't find any operator using EE that allows tethering, CCCF'ding and
is cheap. On Three can only SMARTY at £6.25/month (less unused data
at £1.25/GB) 1G unlimited mins/texts does CCCF'ding and tethering.
Vodafone isn't very good here and O2 doesn't even offer 3G!

So that's:
200 + (4 x 12) + 20 + 30 = 298
25 * 12 = 300
6.25 x 12 = 75

Total: £673 = £56.08/month but for a pretty resiliant voice/data
system.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/03/2019 13:12, Dave Liquorice wrote:
[...]

Plusnet allows tethering and uses the EE network.
However they do not offer technical support regarding tethering issues.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 03/03/2019 09:16, Robin wrote:
On 03/03/2019 08:55, ARW wrote:
[...]

It won't have affected you.Â* It was a network problem limited to
North/East London causing packet loss.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/end8zxhcb6...20BQM.png?dl=0

Probably not noticeable unless streaming/gaming/downloading.Â* But VM
refused to accept there was a problem; wasted time with useless tech
visits; and then closed my complaint without my agreement.Â* After the
last I just mentioned "Ofcom's Approved Code of Practice" and refund
plus price cut followed.Â* A better negotiator would probably have got more.

Thanks for the answer.

I think it's 18 months since I last gave Virgin a call to see what they
could do for me. They usually do an upgrade or something for "free" IYSWIM.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Philosopher wrote:

Here. IDNET, fixed IP address. ADSL2+. 6596kbps DOWN 1059kbps UP

Line rental + broadband is £28 + 20% VAT.

£30.80

PAYG phone calls extra on that - usually a couple of quid a month...

Mobile - PAYG as well on 3 Mobile. Generally also a couple of quid a month.

Virgin 97.1 Mbps down 5.44 Mbps up.
Unlimited calls to 01,02 and 03 plus mobiles. Need to
hang up and redial before 60 mins to avoid any charges.
Also includes a Tivo with the basic channels.
£39 a month, but haggled and got a £60 credit making it
£34 a month.

Mobile Plusnet rolling monthly contract.
Unlimited mins and txts, 5 GB data.
£8.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 3 Mar 2019 13:25:22 +0000, Andy Bennet wrote:

Plusnet allows tethering and uses the EE network.
However they do not offer technical support regarding tethering issues.

They don't do customer controlled call forwarding either... or at
least from the forums they might but AFAICT it's not an
offered/supported service.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/03/2019 08:55, ARW wrote:
[...]

Always worth a call to "retentions" once you're out of contract. And
Steve's post shows he is getting a lot more (mobile calls and TV) for
less than we are paying. But the last couple of times I've haggled
(before the recent complaint) I got the impression they weren't taking
my comparisons with other providers very seriously. I fear that having
had cable internet since it first started in London on the old Cable
London network we're seen as pretty well captive. And probably are until
Openreach fibre arrives here.

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
idual.net...
[...]

I get a 50/20 VDSL2 service for $70 a month, could have a
114/44 service for $80 per month but don't see any downside
with the slower one. That has a free outgoing voip service
to any landline in the country which I don't use anymore.

Use the mobile exclusively for calls and texts now, unlimited
calls and texts and MMSs to any landline or mobile in the
country and 1GB of data for just $10/month. Big advantage
of using that exclusively now is that all the contacts and
call history and text history is in one place and callers get me
where ever I happen to be and I get no spam calls on that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/03/2019 16:33, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 3 Mar 2019 13:25:22 +0000, Andy Bennet wrote:

Plusnet allows tethering and uses the EE network.
However they do not offer technical support regarding tethering issues.

They don't do customer controlled call forwarding either... or at
least from the forums they might but AFAICT it's not an
offered/supported service.

You mean forwarding from mobile or from landline?

(I have forwarding/diversion on my plusnet landline)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/03/2019 15:29, Steve wrote:

Mobile Plusnet rolling monthly contract.
Unlimited mins and txts, 5 GB data.
£8.

That amount of data for that price looks to be quite a good deal
especially if you are not otherwise a Plusnet customer.

--
Michael Chare
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Mon, 4 Mar 2019 05:31:12 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

I get a 50/20 VDSL2 service

Nobody gives a ****, psychopathic senile Ozzie troll!

--
Richard addressing Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 3 Mar 2019 19:44:32 +0000, Michael Chare wrote:

On 03/03/2019 15:29, Steve wrote:

Mobile Plusnet rolling monthly contract.
Unlimited mins and txts, 5 GB data.
£8.

That amount of data for that price looks to be quite a good deal
especially if you are not otherwise a Plusnet customer.

Yes, I'm quite pleased with it. I was on 3 GB for £8 a
month, then I saw on HUKD that they had on offer 4 GB
for £8 so I called CS and asked to be moved to it. The
guy I spoke to said it couldn't be done. So rather
annoyed I asked for my PAC and he put me through to
retentions. The chap in retentions was much nicer. He
gave me a credit on my account of a few quid, unlimited
minutes and texts and raised the data allowance to 5
GB. I normally only use about 200 mins, a handful of
texts and around 2.5 GB of data. But it's nice to have
the extra just in case.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 2 Mar 2019 19:05:10 +0000, F news@nowhere wrote:

Here. IDNET, fixed IP address. ADSL2+. 6596kbps DOWN 1059kbps UP

Line rental + broadband is £28 + 20% VAT.

£30.80

PAYG phone calls extra on that - usually a couple of quid a month...

Mobile - PAYG as well on 3 Mobile. Generally also a couple of quid a month.

Plusnet FTTC 40/10 £4.65 pm (actually £7.15 pm but I save £2.50 pm on
referral discount); £197.88 for line rental saver to include evening and
weekend calls. So £21.14 pm.

Just renewed my BT and got a free uplift coming for unlimited FTTC and
for various historical reasons at just a few pence more than you for
the next 18months. Though only weekend calls.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 03 Mar 2019 13:12:15 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

So that's:
200 + (4 x 12) + 20 + 30 =3D 298
25 * 12 =3D 300
6.25 x 12 =3D 75

Total: =A3673 =3D =A356.08/month but for a pretty resiliant voice/data
system.

I have a pure text reader - what do I have to do to see other that
=3673 etc which renders these numbers and calculations worse than the
Captchas complained about in another thread?

--
AnthonyL

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Bennet wrote:

Plusnet fixed IP address FTC 72Mbps down, 20Mbps up (this is what I
actually get).
Broadband + Anytime phone £27.99/mth inc. VAT

Line rental on top £197.88 inc VAT for year.

Just spoken to plusnet and renewed 80/20 FTTC on an 18 month contract at
£13/month including E&W calls and prepaid line rental at £198/year,
minus a few quid I get for referrals works out to £26.25/month.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

AnthonyL wrote:

"Dave Liquorice" wrote:

Total: =A3673 =3D =A356.08/month

I have a pure text reader - what do I have to do to see other that
=3673 etc

I suspect your client doesn't support "Content-Transfer-Encoding:
quoted-printable" which Dave's client is using.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

So that's:
200 + (4 x 12) + 20 + 30 =3D 298
25 * 12 =3D 300
6.25 x 12 =3D 75

Total: =A3673 =3D =A356.08/month but for a pretty resiliant voice/data
system.

I have a pure text reader - what do I have to do to see other that
=3673 etc which renders these numbers and calculations worse than the
Captchas complained about in another thread?

That is pure text. Pure UTF8 text.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/03/2019 13:21, Andy Burns wrote:
AnthonyL wrote:

"Dave Liquorice" wrote:

Total: =A3673 =3D =A356.08/monthÂ*

I have a pure text reader - what do I have to do to see other that
=3673 etc

I suspect your client doesn't support "Content-Transfer-Encoding:
quoted-printable" which Dave's client is using.

Er? Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed

is what most peole seem to be using.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:

I suspect your client doesn't support "Content-Transfer-Encoding:
quoted-printable"

Er? Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed

is what most peole seem to be using.

Most people maybe, but not Dave's message that confused Anthony's client