Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fluorescent lighting

On Wednesday, 6 March 2019 16:17:58 UTC, Roger Hayter wrote:
whisky-dave wrote:

On Wednesday, 6 March 2019 14:16:39 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Tuesday, 5 March 2019 17:06:20 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote
Andy Burns wrote
whisky-dave wrote

lifts where you have to tell it what floor before you
get in it and then wait for the lift that goes to that floor

so rather than just up/down buttons,

I've never seen a life with just up and down buttons.

Then you need to get out more. Most do BEFORE YOU GET IN IT
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:E...trol_panel.jpg.

Dumb**** we were refering to inside the lift NOT outside.

Even a terminal drunken ****wit should be able
to read and comprehend the current first para
with the words BEFORE YOU GET IN.

But that doesn't make any differnce to whether the lift goes up or down.

Perhaps you don't have them in Aus or they work differntly.

Today the lift was on teh 4th floor. I was on the ground floor. we have a
basement and floors 1, 2, 3, 4,

SO I called the lift using the down button, according tlo you this means I
want to go to the basement, I didn't I wanted the 2nd floor.

The lift came to the ground floor I got in and the door closed. Nothig
else happened the lift stayed on the ground floor, after a few miniutes I
pressed the button for the 2nd floor and the lift went up.

Now according to ****wits, when pressing the down button outside the lift
the lift should go down well it didn't.

That's really fascinating. Such a simple conrtro system and you've
totally failed to understand it. If you want to go up, you press the
up button. You get a lift just as quickly, but one on the way to the
basement because of the another user's request will not waste their time
and yours by stopping on the way down. It will still stop on the way
up, if another lift has not yet reached you. But everyone will be saved
the time of the futile stop on the way down. In your case, the lift at
the top which is empty and has no demand for the basement will still
come just as quickly if you press the up button, but will know it has to
go up. So you lose nothing by pressing the right button, but the
overall system is improved.

Or possibly you're joking?

But I've know this lift for 30 years it's never worked proplely I was told that. It also until 2 months ago never stopped on any floor evenly there was a gap of about 4 inches if yuo were going up, but only 1/2 inch when going down.
It's been like that for years.
If yuo wanted to use a trolly you had to go up first in order to go down if you wanted an almost level surface.
Once while carrying 4 computers on a trolly, the wheel broke off and fell down the lift shaft.

When students are using it you won't know how many times or which buttons have been pressed and there's no way to work it out anyway as the internal lift buttons override the direction and floor number.

Ther theory might be great but what actually happens is another thing.

The lift should also default to staying on the ground floor but it doesn't do that either, it just stops on the last floor that it was used on.

But luckily I've only been stuck in it once.

--

Roger Hayter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 01:17 am in Australia ...and the Psychopathic Senile Idiot is up and Trolling, AGAIN! LMAO

On Thu, 7 Mar 2019 01:17:37 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

01:17 am in Australia??? REALLY??? Is your senility not letting you sleep in
again, psychopath?

--
Norman Wells addressing senile Rot:
"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Thu, 7 Mar 2019 01:16:29 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

FLUSH the stinking senile troll****

Shut up and get back to bed again, senile idiot! It's only 01:16 in
Australia, you sick asshole!

--
Bod addressing abnormal senile quarreller Rot:
"Do you practice arguing with yourself in an empty room?"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 7 Mar 2019 02:42:08 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

02:42 am in Australia??????? And you have posted already over a dozen posts
at this unholy time, you senile idiot! LMAO

--
FredXX to Rot Speed:
"You are still an idiot and an embarrassment to your country. No wonder
Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote:

[...]

But are so stupid that you have never managed to work
out what the two buttons outside the lift are actually for.

The lift doesnt need anyone to tell it whether it needs
to go up and down from where it is to the floor that
has had someone indicate that they want the lift to show
up there. Its quite capable of working that out for itself.

But the only way that it can know whether the person
who has pressed the button wants to go up or down
is to have two buttons so they can indicate that.

it's never worked proplely I was told that.

Separate matter entirely to what those TWO buttons are for.

It also until 2 months ago never stopped on any floor
evenly there was a gap of about 4 inches if yuo were
going up, but only 1/2 inch when going down.
It's been like that for years.

All completely and utterly irrelevant to what those TWO buttons are for.

Bull****. There will always be just as many going down as going up.

but it doesn't do that either, it just stops
on the last floor that it was used on.

All completely and utterly irrelevant to what those TWO buttons are for.

But luckily I've only been stuck in it once.

Unlucky for us, actually.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 7 Mar 2019 07:56:34 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

FLUSH troll****

Keep your senile stench out of normally evolved humans' newsgroups, senile
cretin!

--
Norman Wells addressing senile Rot:
"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote:

[...]

I know what they are meant to be for, but by using them I know what they actually do.

The lift doesnt need anyone to tell it whether it needs
to go up and down from where it is to the floor that
has had someone indicate that they want the lift to show
up there. Its quite capable of working that out for itself.

Yes I know that is why people press both buttons.

But the only way that it can know whether the person
who has pressed the button wants to go up or down
is to have two buttons so they can indicate that.

No that is NOT the only way, that is achived once in the lift by
pressing on the button that represents the floor number you want to go to.

it's never worked proplely I was told that.

Separate matter entirely to what those TWO buttons are for.

But the more inteligent know better.

The lift should also default to staying on the ground floor

Bull****. There will always be just as many going down as going up.

That is irrelivant to the fact that lifts should default to to ground floor..

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote:

[...]

You clearly dont because there is no easy way of
actually measuring if you get a better result from
the lift if you use the buttons as they are meant to
be used instead of the stupid way you use them.

The lift doesnt need anyone to tell it whether it needs
to go up and down from where it is to the floor that
has had someone indicate that they want the lift to show
up there. Its quite capable of working that out for itself.

Yes I know that is why people press both buttons.

Even more stupid, that doesnt get a lift to your
floor faster than using the correct button alone.

But the only way that it can know whether the person
who has pressed the button wants to go up or down
is to have two buttons so they can indicate that.

No that is NOT the only way, that is achived once
in the lift by pressing on the button that represents
the floor number you want to go to.

Thats not available to the lift before it gets to your floor.

it's never worked proplely I was told that.

Separate matter entirely to what those TWO buttons are for.

But the more inteligent know better.

You clearly dont.

The lift should also default to staying on the ground floor

Bull****. There will always be just as many going down as going up.

That is irrelivant to the fact that lifts should default to to ground
floor.

What matters is what minimises the time of people
standing waiting for the lift and being inside the lift
and moving to the ground floor when there is no one
who has asked for a lift to go to their floor.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 8 Mar 2019 04:07:03 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

What matters is what minimises the time of people
standing waiting for the lift and being inside the lift
and moving to the ground floor when there is no one
who has asked for a lift to go to their floor.

What are you now quarrelling about, you clinically insane obnoxious senile
pest?

--
about senile Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote:

[...]

Yes whichever button I press the lift arrives.

It's simialr to the pedestrian crossing buttons.
In some locations pressing the button will after a short delay
stop the trafic in others it won;t matter whether you press them once
or 1000 time the trafiic wil, stop but has nothing to do with the buttons.
They are there for show or rather to tell the users to WAIT.
They have no effect on the traffic lights.

it's never worked proplely I was told that.

Separate matter entirely to what those TWO buttons are for.

But the more inteligent know better.

You clearly dont.

I know what they are meant to be for, they are to call the lift.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
Good grief. The idea is you only stop the lift if it is going in your
direction.

How do you know which direction the lift is going it's in a shaft ?

Even you can't be that stupid? But perhaps you can.

--
*What was the best thing before sliced bread?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 8 March 2019 13:55:06 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
Good grief. The idea is you only stop the lift if it is going in your
direction.

How do you know which direction the lift is going it's in a shaft ?

Even you can't be that stupid? But perhaps you can.

When the lift was upgraded a few years ago they did install an arrow display
to show which direction and which was the next floor.
But with studetns in and outside the lift you had little idea which direction it might go in after you hit the button, even once inside.

Teh option was to just get in (with the trolly) and see what happens.

Do you happen to know why there are close and open buttons on the central line tube train doors ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote:

Good grief. The idea is you only stop the lift if it is going in your
direction.

How do you know which direction the lift is going it's in a shaft ?

Even you can't be that stupid?

Really? He makes Rod look smart
Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote:

Good grief. The idea is you only stop the lift if it is going in your
direction.

How do you know which direction the lift is going it's in a shaft ?

Even you can't be that stupid?

Really? He makes Rod look smart

Only the really dim would say that.

the rest of your **** shoveled where it belongs

you couldn't lie your way out of a paper bag
Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote:

[...]

Corse it does, but it will arrive quicker if you press the correct one.

It's simialr to the pedestrian crossing buttons.

Nothing like it, those dont indicate which direction
you are going, just that you want to cross there.

In some locations pressing the button will after a short delay
stop the trafic in others it won;t matter whether you press them once
or 1000 time the trafiic wil, stop but has nothing to do with the buttons.

Separate matter entirely to the two lift buttons outside the lift.

They are there for show or rather to tell the users to WAIT.

They have no effect on the traffic lights.

Thats wrong too.

it's never worked proplely I was told that.

Separate matter entirely to what those TWO buttons are for.

But the more inteligent know better.

You clearly dont.

I know what they are meant to be for, they are to call the lift.

They are also to indicate to the lift whether you want to go up or down.

Thanks for that completely superfluous proof of why no one has
ever actually been stupid enough to get you to design anything.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 9 Mar 2019 05:53:10 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

FLUSH endless bull**** unread again

What are you now quarrelling about again, you senile ****head?

--
The Natural Philosopher about senile Rot:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote:
Good grief. The idea is you only stop the lift if it is going in your
direction.

How do you know which direction the lift is going it's in a shaft ?

Even you can't be that stupid? But perhaps you can.

When the lift was upgraded a few years ago they did install an arrow
display to show which direction and which was the next floor.

Why does that matter? The lift will stop at your floor if going in your
direction. Or the next time it gets to it, again going in your direction.

But with
studetns in and outside the lift you had little idea which direction it
might go in after you hit the button, even once inside.

Surely your students ain't as stupid as you?

Teh option was to just get in (with the trolly) and see what happens.

And waste the time of others in the lift. Good call, that.

Do you happen to know why there are close and open buttons on the
central line tube train doors ?

--
*Geeks shall inherit the earth *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 8 March 2019 18:54:58 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message

Yes whichever button I press the lift arrives.

Corse it does, but it will arrive quicker if you press the correct one.

In theory in an empty lift, problem is this IS NOT the case with students
using them.
Whether it's going up or down it's best to get in with the trolly forcing the students out and making them walk a flight of stairs, otherwise you will be there for far longer, usually I only use the lift when I know studetns are in lecture rooms and labs. They are usually out and roaming the college like zombies in shaun of the dead on thre hour and sometimes on the half hour.

It's simialr to the pedestrian crossing buttons.

Nothing like it, those dont indicate which direction
you are going, just that you want to cross there.

and how does indicating you want to cross change anything ?

They are there for show or rather to tell the users to WAIT.

They have no effect on the traffic lights.

Thats wrong too.

Look it up.

I know what they are meant to be for, they are to call the lift.

They are also to indicate to the lift whether you want to go up or down.

and whichever you press the lift will reach you.
Pressing both buttons makes no difference, everyone know that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 9 March 2019 12:43:55 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
whisky-dave wrote:
Good grief. The idea is you only stop the lift if it is going in your
direction.

How do you know which direction the lift is going it's in a shaft ?

Even you can't be that stupid? But perhaps you can.

When the lift was upgraded a few years ago they did install an arrow
display to show which direction and which was the next floor.

Why does that matter? The lift will stop at your floor if going in your
direction. Or the next time it gets to it, again going in your direction.

But previously there was no way of telling where the lift was or in which direction it was going unless you were in it.

Teh option was to just get in (with the trolly) and see what happens.

And waste the time of others in the lift. Good call, that.

yes it was becausxe originally the lift was for staff only studetns weren't supose to use it. Years ago it was key operated.
But in the early 80s the HoD decided that all lifts should be open for student use. Previously very few studetns used that stairwell, it was mostly for emergency only exit as it really didnlt go anywhere else of use to the students.
But during our refurb it was teh ONLY exit/entrance they could use as the other entrance was blocked off to install a bnew stairwell, so it was busy with students.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
% % is offline

On 2019-03-11 12:50 p.m., Rod Speed wrote:

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Saturday, 9 March 2019 12:43:55 UTC, Dave Plowman (News)Â* wrote:
In article ,
Â*Â* whisky-dave wrote:
On Friday, 8 March 2019 13:55:06 UTC, Dave Plowman (News)Â* wrote:
In article ,
Â*Â*Â* whisky-dave wrote:
Good grief. The idea is you only stop the lift if it is going
in your
direction.

How do you know which direction the lift is going it's in a
shaft ?

Even you can't be that stupid? But perhaps you can.

When the lift was upgraded a few years ago they did install an arrow
display to show which direction and which was the next floor.

Why does that matter? The lift will stop at your floor if going in your
direction. Or the next time it gets to it, again going in your
direction.

But previously there was no way of telling where the lift was
or in which direction it was going unless you were in it.

You dont need to know that. The lift control system obviously knows that.

Teh option was to just get in (with the trolly) and see what happens.

And waste the time of others in the lift. Good call, that.

like your time has any value

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote

Yes whichever button I press the lift arrives.

Corse it does, but it will arrive quicker if you press the correct one.

In theory in an empty lift,

It has nothing to do with whether the lift is empty or not.

problem is this IS NOT the case with students using them.

Its even better with more people using the lifts at the time
you press the button. If say the lift is at floor 4 and you are
at floor 2 and you tell the lift you want to go up, the lift
wont stop at your floor if its heading down to a floor
below you, it will still go to the floor below you and
then come up to your floor later which means you
will get to the floor you want to go to quicker.

Whether it's going up or down it's best to get in with
the trolly forcing the students out and making them
walk a flight of stairs, otherwise you will be there for
far longer, usually I only use the lift when I know
studetns are in lecture rooms and labs. They are
usually out and roaming the college like zombies
in shaun of the dead on thre hour and sometimes
on the half hour.

All irrelevant to whether the lift needs to know in which
direction you want to go once the lift has let you in.

It's simialr to the pedestrian crossing buttons.

Nothing like it, those dont indicate which direction
you are going, just that you want to cross there.

and how does indicating you want to cross change anything ?

It tells the light system that you want to cross the ****ing
road and not just continue along the footpath, stupid.

They are there for show or rather to tell the users to WAIT.

They have no effect on the traffic lights.

Thats wrong too.

Look it up.

Dont need to. I know that particularly with intersections where
there isnt much traffic on one of the roads leaving the intersection,
the lights wont even bother to change at all to allow traffic to move
down that low traffic road unless it can see a car stopped in the lane
which is allowed down that road if the lights are green for that.
If a pedestrian shows up and wants the light to go green for them
to move the same way a car would, they need to press the button
because they car presence detector cant detect a pedestrian.

I know what they are meant to be for, they are to call the lift.

They are also to indicate to the lift whether you want to go up or down.

and whichever you press the lift will reach you.

But will reach you quicker at times if you press the right one.

Pressing both buttons makes no difference, everyone know that.

But pressing the correct button does make a difference.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote:

[...]

snip

You are right in that they rarely alter the time when the vehicle
signals are green, but sometimes the overlapping red phase for
pedestrians to cross doesn't happen at all when the button is not
pressed, especially when there is a filter light.

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 12 Mar 2019 05:48:57 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

It has nothing to do with whether the lift is empty or not.

Now ALSO an expert in lifts, senile asshole? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA...!!!

--
pamela about Rot Speed:
"His off the cuff expertise demonstrates how little he knows..."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 11 March 2019 18:51:05 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote

Yes whichever button I press the lift arrives.

Corse it does, but it will arrive quicker if you press the correct one..

In theory in an empty lift,

It has nothing to do with whether the lift is empty or not.

It did to me because I had to get the trolly in ASAP.
Had to get the demo stuff to the lecture room for the start of the lecture.
Only way to do that was to get in the lift before the students.
So fo rme it didnlt matter whether the lift was going up or down occuying the lift meant you decided where it went rather than the students.

problem is this IS NOT the case with students using them.

Its even better with more people using the lifts at the time
you press the button.

No oit isn't.

If say the lift is at floor 4 and you are
at floor 2 and you tell the lift you want to go up, the lift
wont stop at your floor if its heading down to a floor
below you,

I know, so that means I can't get in the lift if it's going down, and when it goes up it's still full of students going from Ground to UP, so no room in the lift. So the best option is to get the lift to stop whatever dorection it is going in at least yuo get in even if it;s going in the wrong direction, that direction changes pretty quickly far quicker than waiting.

it will still go to the floor below you and
then come up to your floor later which means you
will get to the floor you want to go to quicker.

But it will be full of students going up. Better and quicker to reserve yuor place in the lift while it's going down.
It's like getting on the bus before yuor normal stop, I had to do that today.
Central line was out, so in order to beat the other few hundred or so gettign off and queuing at the nearest bus stop, I walked 'back' 2 stops and got a seat.
When we reach the stop I would normally be at there was no room on the bus and 100 people wanting to get on.
That's why I was only an hour late rather than giving up or arriving even later.

and how does indicating you want to cross change anything ?

It tells the light system that you want to cross the ****ing
road and not just continue along the footpath, stupid.

and how does that change anyhting , you've no idea have you.
Tell me how many time syou have to push the button for it to register
that a person wants to cross the road.
Lets see you work that one out.

They are there for show or rather to tell the users to WAIT.

They have no effect on the traffic lights.

Thats wrong too.

Look it up.

Dont need to.

you do ****wit.

I know that particularly with intersections where

or cross roads raley take any notice of anyone pressing buttons they are on an automated systems. The only crossing likely to take notice of a person pushing the buttons are those where there's no crossroads or intersections and low traffic flow.

I know what they are meant to be for, they are to call the lift.

They are also to indicate to the lift whether you want to go up or down.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
It did to me because I had to get the trolly in ASAP. Had to get the
demo stuff to the lecture room for the start of the lecture. Only way to
do that was to get in the lift before the students. So fo rme it didnlt
matter whether the lift was going up or down occuying the lift meant you
decided where it went rather than the students.

Must be a very odd lift if you can change the direction of travel it has
worked out - unless you have some form of priority key.

Otherwise all you're doing is going the wrong way for the ride.

--
*24 hours in a day ... 24 beers in a case ... coincidence? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 12 March 2019 16:13:00 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
It did to me because I had to get the trolly in ASAP. Had to get the
demo stuff to the lecture room for the start of the lecture. Only way to
do that was to get in the lift before the students. So fo rme it didnlt
matter whether the lift was going up or down occuying the lift meant you
decided where it went rather than the students.

Must be a very odd lift if you can change the direction of travel it has
worked out - unless you have some form of priority key.

We used to have an override key.

Otherwise all you're doing is going the wrong way for the ride.

Yes but it not always the wrong way, and even if it is , it;s still far quicker than waiting for it to go the right way and not being able to get in in because all the studetns want to go the right way too.
Better to get in it with the trolly when it;s going the wrong way an empty.

Have you had any experience of getting 14 students out of the lift that say capacity 12, didn't think so.
Only happened once but it did amuse me.

But that's experience over 'managment cluelessness'

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Monday, 11 March 2019 18:51:05 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote

Yes whichever button I press the lift arrives.

Corse it does, but it will arrive quicker if you press the correct
one.

In theory in an empty lift,

It has nothing to do with whether the lift is empty or not.

It did to me because I had to get the trolly in ASAP.
Had to get the demo stuff to the lecture room for the start of the
lecture.
Only way to do that was to get in the lift before the students.
So fo rme it didnlt matter whether the lift was going up or down occuying
the lift meant you decided where it went rather than the students.

But you still achieved nothing by pressing the button that
pointed to where the lift actually was, or by pressing both
buttons. It would have got to your floor earlier if you had
pressed the button indicating which direction you wanted
the lift to go once it had arrived at your floor and let you in.

problem is this IS NOT the case with students using them.

Its even better with more people using the lifts at the time
you press the button.

No oit isn't.

Fraid so, because thats when the lift need to decide if its
better to stop at your floor when it passes your floor or not.
And its more likely to need to decide that when its moving
students around rather than just sitting empty waiting for
someone to press a button outside the lift.

If say the lift is at floor 4 and you are
at floor 2 and you tell the lift you want to go up, the lift
wont stop at your floor if its heading down to a floor
below you,

I know, so that means I can't get in the lift if it's going down,
and when it goes up it's still full of students going from Ground
to UP, so no room in the lift. So the best option is to get the lift
to stop whatever dorection it is going in at least yuo get in even
if it;s going in the wrong direction,

No point in doing that because that means that you have to
make those in the lift leave it so you can get your trolley in.
And it will still keep going to the lower floor after you do
that and will open the door there even tho those who
wanted to go to the floor have been kicked out of the
lift by you so you could get the trolley in.

that direction changes pretty quickly far quicker than waiting.

Nope, the direction doesnt change quickly because the
lift has no way of knowing that you kicked people out
of the lift so you could get the trolley in. It will still go
to the floor below yours and then head back up later.

it will still go to the floor below you and
then come up to your floor later which means you
will get to the floor you want to go to quicker.

But it will be full of students going up.

Nope, they wont be able to get into the lift because its
got your trolley in it.

Better and quicker to reserve yuor place in the lift while it's going
down.

You dont reserve anything.

It's like getting on the bus before yuor normal stop, I had to do that
today.

Nothing like, because you by yourself doesnt kick people off the bus
to get the trolley on it. Those already on the bus will tell you to ****
off and that you will have to wait for a later bus with space for you.

Central line was out, so in order to beat the other few hundred or so
gettign
off and queuing at the nearest bus stop, I walked 'back' 2 stops and got a
seat.

Nothing even remotely like the lift situation.

When we reach the stop I would normally be at there
was no room on the bus and 100 people wanting to
get on. That's why I was only an hour late rather than
giving up or arriving even later.

Nothing like the timing with the lift either.

and how does indicating you want to cross change anything ?

It tells the light system that you want to cross the ****ing
road and not just continue along the footpath, stupid.

and how does that change anyhting ,

If you want to cross the road, it has to stop the traffic, stupid.

Bull****.

The only crossing likely to take notice of a person pushing the buttons
are those where there's no crossroads or intersections and low traffic
flow.

Wrong, as always.

I know what they are meant to be for, they are to call the lift.

They are also to indicate to the lift whether you want to go up or
down.

and whichever you press the lift will reach you.

But will reach you quicker at times if you press the right one.

Makes no differnce,

Wrong, as always.

Pressing both buttons makes no difference, everyone know that.

But pressing the correct button does make a difference.

No it doesn't othe rthan the lift passes you by and that
isn't a quicker way to get the lift it's the slowest way.

But the lift will still keep going in the direction you dont
want to go, then head in the direction you do want to go
once it has got to the floor it was going to before you
press the button. So while you get into the lift earlier,
it in fact takes longer to get to floor you want to go to.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Psychopathic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Wed, 13 Mar 2019 04:45:08 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

FLUSH 162 lines of the usual troll****

....and much better air in here again!

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 13 March 2019 23:56:53 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
[...]

Yes I do because the door opens if the lift is on the floor I;m currently on.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

There is no button to press that indicates that the lift is at your
floor and if it was at your floor, the door would be open anyway.

or by pressing both buttons. It would have got to your floor
earlier if you had pressed the button indicating which direction you
wanted the lift to go once it had arrived at your floor and let you in.

So you press both buttons, well done.
That way whatever direction the lift is going in it
stops on your floor, then I turf the students out.

But it still goes to where it was going after you turf
the students out so you have achieve nothing by
turfing them out at your floor. Its better to let them
get out at the floor they wanted to go to and then
have the lift go to your floor and for you to turf
the new lot out.

Then why do they have 2 buttons ?

Because some people want to go up and some to go
down and unless the lift is told which way they want to
go, it doesnt know whether to stop at that floor or not
or whether to stop there later after it changes direction.

problem is this IS NOT the case with students using them.

Its even better with more people using the lifts at the time
you press the button.

No it isn't.

Fraid so, because thats when the lift need to decide if its
better to stop at your floor when it passes your floor or not.

Yes and I want it to stop at my floor that's why I pressed the buttons
Duh!

Its stupid to have it stop at you floor and then keep
going away from the floor you want to go to, stupid.

And its more likely to need to decide that when its moving
students around rather than just sitting empty waiting for
someone to press a button outside the lift.

No point in doing that because that means that you have to
make those in the lift leave it so you can get your trolley in.

And it will still keep going to the lower floor after you do
that and will open the door there even tho those who
wanted to go to the floor have been kicked out of the
lift by you so you could get the trolley in.

Exactly and then I can stop further students getting
and just going up/down ONE floor.

But you wasted your time kicking the students out of the
lift when it stopped at your floor. If you had used the
correct button, they would have been delivered to the
floor they wanted to go to and you would only have
to kick out the ones that entered at that floor, later.

Then I can select which floor I want to go to,

That will be ignored until it has gone to the floor
it was going to before you stupidly got it to stop
at your floor by pressing both buttons.

and have to wait for the lift to return.

It will do that anyway.

Better and quicker to reserve yuor place in the lift while it's going
down.

You dont reserve anything.

I achieve the aim I set out to achieve.

Nope.

It's like getting on the bus before yuor normal stop, I had to do that
today.

Nothing like,

because you by yourself doesnt kick people off the bus
to get the trolley on it. Those already on the bus will tell you to ****
off and that you will have to wait for a later bus with space for you.

So I can on before those people that is the point, as it is with the lift.

Nope, you dont do that with the lift.

Central line was out, so in order to beat the other few hundred or so
gettign
off and queuing at the nearest bus stop, I walked 'back' 2 stops and
got a
seat.

Nothing even remotely like the lift situation.

The idea is that you get on as EARLY as possible,
even if that means going in the wrong direction.

No point in doing that with the lift.

and how does indicating you want to cross change anything ?

It tells the light system that you want to cross the ****ing
road and not just continue along the footpath, stupid.

and how does that change anyhting ,

If you want to cross the road, it has to stop the traffic, stupid.

What has to stop the traffic

The lights, stupid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 15 Mar 2019 04:54:07 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

FLUSH another 156 lines of the usual idiotic troll****

....and much better air in here again.

--
Bill Wright to Rot Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 14 March 2019 17:54:23 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
[...]

When I came into today the lift was on the ground floor the door was closed..
It didn't open until I pressed the call lift button, and it doesnlt matter which one I press UP or DOWN the lift doors still opened.

or by pressing both buttons. It would have got to your floor
earlier if you had pressed the button indicating which direction you
wanted the lift to go once it had arrived at your floor and let you in..

So you press both buttons, well done.
That way whatever direction the lift is going in it
stops on your floor, then I turf the students out.

But it still goes to where it was going after you turf
the students out so you have achieve nothing by
turfing them out at your floor.

Yes I have I can now get the trolley into the lift.
The trolly was designed to be the maxium size to fit in the lift, it;s not a sack barrow, it's about 2 meters long and 1 metre high and waisst height with two lower sheleves.

Its better to let them
get out at the floor they wanted to go to .

But then more students will get in, lifts go up and down you know,
and not all students travel in the same direction at the same time.

and then
have the lift go to your floor and for you to turf
the new lot out.

How do I do that the lift has students in it that have selected the floor THEY
want to go to, so it will bypass me waiting for the lift.

You really have no idea how lifts work do you. I thought they had them in australia maybe not in the putback in tin sheds perhaps that;s where yuo're going wrong, when was the last time you used a lift ?

Fraid so, because thats when the lift need to decide if its
better to stop at your floor when it passes your floor or not.

Yes and I want it to stop at my floor that's why I pressed the buttons
Duh!

Its stupid to have it stop at your floor.

How will I get in it if it doesn't stop at my floor ?

and then keep
going away from the floor you want to go to, stupid.

No it's more stupid to let it go to another floor to get more students,
that will select the floor they want to go to.

This is really like rocket science to you isn't it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

So everything in that cess pit of design is ****ed by design. Figures.

It didn't open until I pressed the call lift button, and it doesnlt
matter which one I press UP or DOWN the lift doors still opened.

But it does make a difference when the lift isnt stopped, stupid.

And since this mindless silly **** is the best you can manage,
here goes the chain on the rest of your even sillier ****.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 15 March 2019 14:45:57 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
[...]

No that's how it should be.

And in most lifts the buttons on the inside are on the right hand side because the majority of people are right handed.

It's your head that's ****ed, and I doubt you can really blame a designer for that, it the user where the problem lies.

It didn't open until I pressed the call lift button, and it doesn't
matter which one I press UP or DOWN the lift doors still opened.

But it does make a difference when the lift isnt stopped, stupid.

So what differnce does it make, let see if you can workm it out from a users POV.

And since this mindless silly **** is the best you can manage,
here goes the chain on the rest of your even sillier ****.

Which direction does the chain go in ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

And how is this related to lighting?
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
[...]

Fraid so, because that?Ts when the lift need to decide if its
better to stop at your floor when it passes your floor or not.

Yes and I want it to stop at my floor that's why I pressed the buttons
Duh!

Its stupid to have it stop at your floor.

How will I get in it if it doesn't stop at my floor ?

and then keep
going away from the floor you want to go to, stupid.

No it's more stupid to let it go to another floor to get more students,
that will select the floor they want to go to.

This is really like rocket science to you isn't it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian-Gaff wrote

And how is this related to lighting?

It isnt, but changing the subject ****s up the
threading with some news readers, not mine.

[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 16 Mar 2019 05:51:14 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

And how is this related to lighting?

It isnt, but changing the subject ****s up the
threading with some news readers, not mine.

No thread could ever be as ****ed up as you are, you 85-year-old senile
pest!

--
Richard addressing Rot Speed:
MID:

Fluorescent lighting Mark Spice UK diy 4 February 8th 06 10:33 AM
Fluorescent lighting question rickm Home Repair 13 October 29th 04 12:56 AM
fluorescent lighting stuart noble UK diy 17 October 15th 04 11:25 PM
Fluorescent lighting? Schism Home Repair 13 June 22nd 04 03:00 AM
Fluorescent lighting advice Paul Moore UK diy 6 February 11th 04 03:16 PM