Old February 13th 19, 11:42 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 10mm^2 connector

Does anyone know of a readily available connector to directly connect
some 10mm T&E to 2.5mm T&E, that will go in a reasonably small box? I
suppose I could use just some of the strands, but that would be rather
poor practice. The best I have thought of (and have) is a surplus DIN
main switch, left on of course. Any superior ideas?

--

Roger Hayter

Old February 14th 19, 04:18 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/02/2019 23:42, Roger Hayter wrote:
Does anyone know of a readily available connector to directly connect
some 10mm T&E to 2.5mm T&E, that will go in a reasonably small box? I
suppose I could use just some of the strands, but that would be rather
poor practice. The best I have thought of (and have) is a surplus DIN
main switch, left on of course. Any superior ideas?

A big soldering iron.

Bill
Old February 14th 19, 07:32 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

https://www.peclights.com/product/do...iAAEgKe4_D_BwE
Old February 14th 19, 07:55 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/02/2019 23:42, Roger Hayter wrote:
Does anyone know of a readily available connector to directly connect
some 10mm T&E to 2.5mm T&E, that will go in a reasonably small box? I
suppose I could use just some of the strands, but that would be rather
poor practice. The best I have thought of (and have) is a surplus DIN
main switch, left on of course. Any superior ideas?

https://www.toolstation.com/60a-junction-box/p98775

Not sure the cable size entry.

Old February 14th 19, 10:25 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

Fredxx wrote:

On 13/02/2019 23:42, Roger Hayter wrote:
Does anyone know of a readily available connector to directly connect
some 10mm T&E to 2.5mm T&E, that will go in a reasonably small box? I
suppose I could use just some of the strands, but that would be rather
poor practice. The best I have thought of (and have) is a surplus DIN
main switch, left on of course. Any superior ideas?

https://www.toolstation.com/60a-junction-box/p98775

Not sure the cable size entry.

That looks ideal (if biggish). Thanks.

--

Roger Hayter
Old February 14th 19, 10:25 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

harry wrote:

On Wednesday, 13 February 2019 23:42:44 UTC, Roger Hayter wrote:
Does anyone know of a readily available connector to directly connect
some 10mm T&E to 2.5mm T&E, that will go in a reasonably small box? I
suppose I could use just some of the strands, but that would be rather
poor practice. The best I have thought of (and have) is a surplus DIN
main switch, left on of course. Any superior ideas?

https://www.peclights.com/product/do...block?gclid=EA
IaIQobChMIwLe3rNq64AIVxjXTCh1KDgPqEAAYAiAAEgKe4_D_ BwE

Thanks. That plus an earth block would certainly do it, but I suspect
it is a bit on the large side.

--

Roger Hayter
Old February 14th 19, 11:07 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 13 February 2019 23:42:44 UTC, Roger Hayter wrote:
Does anyone know of a readily available connector to directly connect
some 10mm T&E to 2.5mm T&E, that will go in a reasonably small box? I
suppose I could use just some of the strands, but that would be rather
poor practice. The best I have thought of (and have) is a surplus DIN
main switch, left on of course. Any superior ideas?

Cooker outlet plate on a back box.

Owain
Old February 14th 19, 12:32 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Wednesday, 13 February 2019 23:42:44 UTC, Roger Hayter wrote:
Does anyone know of a readily available connector to directly connect
some 10mm T&E to 2.5mm T&E, that will go in a reasonably small box? I
suppose I could use just some of the strands, but that would be rather
poor practice. The best I have thought of (and have) is a surplus DIN
main switch, left on of course. Any superior ideas?

Cooker outlet plate on a back box.

Owain

I should want to glue in a bit of plastic to block the outlet, but
otherwise that is the neatest suggestion yet.

--

Roger Hayter
Old February 15th 19, 03:35 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger Hayter wrote:
Does anyone know of a readily available connector to directly connect
some 10mm T&E to 2.5mm T&E, that will go in a reasonably small box? I
suppose I could use just some of the strands, but that would be rather
poor practice. The best I have thought of (and have) is a surplus DIN
main switch, left on of course. Any superior ideas?

We were taught how to splice and solder cables

Gas Hob Connection 10mm pipe Mo Thanku UK diy 5 November 9th 04 08:25 PM
10mm Steel Rod 1m NealUK UK diy 13 August 26th 04 01:41 AM
Using 10MM pipe for bathroom and kitchen taps Peter Charlwood UK diy 4 November 17th 03 03:49 PM
what to use for sawing 10mm veneers(for knife handles)?? Stephen Woodworking 2 October 14th 03 04:33 PM
Cooker outlet plates and 10mm cables Graham Gibson UK diy 5 August 27th 03 05:36 PM