DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Bosch fridge too warm (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/630988-bosch-fridge-too-warm.html)

[email protected] February 11th 19 03:01 PM

Bosch fridge too warm

After a house move, my Bosch upright fridge/freezer has a problem in that the upper fridge compartment is at room temperature, but the lower freezer bit is at a normal minus 22C. Any ideas as to what is wrong?

Scott[_17_] February 11th 19 03:47 PM

Bosch fridge too warm

On Mon, 11 Feb 2019 07:01:59 -0800 (PST), wrote:

After a house move, my Bosch upright fridge/freezer has a problem in that the upper fridge compartment is at room temperature, but the lower freezer bit is at a normal minus 22C. Any ideas as to what is wrong?

My Bosch fridge only operates normally above (I think) 5 degrees
ambient temperature. Lower than this I have to flick a switch inside
to cause the interior light to remain on, to force the compressor to
keep running.

Brian Gaff February 11th 19 04:50 PM

Bosch fridge too warm

Yes I was thinking the same its drain is blocked or its been tweaked
somewhere. Often when you buy a fridge you find you have to leave it to
stand for a few hours before you start it too, at least that was the advice
for ours.
Other than that if it is a two compressor one then something broke,
probably a coolant leak. Does the compressor keep running for ever? Is the
compressor for the fridge bit not running at all?
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!

Peter Parry February 11th 19 04:51 PM

Bosch fridge too warm

On Mon, 11 Feb 2019 16:19:27 +0000, Chris Hogg wrote:

On Mon, 11 Feb 2019 07:01:59 -0800 (PST), wrote:

After a house move, my Bosch upright fridge/freezer has a problem in that the upper fridge compartment is at room temperature, but the lower freezer bit is at a normal minus 22C. Any ideas as to what is wrong?

How many compressors? Older fridge/freezers sometimes had two
compressors (ours did, bought in about 2000), one for the fridge
compartment, the other for the freezer, independently controlled. If
yours is like that, perhaps the compressor for the fridge or its
control mechanism has failed in some way.

Some modern Bosch models have twin compressors.

[email protected] February 12th 19 06:36 PM

Bosch fridge too warm

On Monday, February 11, 2019 at 4:51:58 PM UTC, Peter Parry wrote:
On Mon, 11 Feb 2019 16:19:27 +0000, Chris Hogg wrote:

On Mon, 11 Feb 2019 07:01:59 -0800 (PST), wrote:

After a house move, my Bosch upright fridge/freezer has a problem in that the upper fridge compartment is at room temperature, but the lower freezer bit is at a normal minus 22C. Any ideas as to what is wrong?

How many compressors? Older fridge/freezers sometimes had two
compressors (ours did, bought in about 2000), one for the fridge
compartment, the other for the freezer, independently controlled. If
yours is like that, perhaps the compressor for the fridge or its
control mechanism has failed in some way.

Some modern Bosch models have twin compressors.

Just been quoted £230 to have a guy look at it.
I told them thanks but no thanks.

[email protected] February 13th 19 02:13 PM

Bosch fridge too warm

On Tuesday, February 12, 2019 at 6:36:12 PM UTC, wrote:
On Monday, February 11, 2019 at 4:51:58 PM UTC, Peter Parry wrote:
On Mon, 11 Feb 2019 16:19:27 +0000, Chris Hogg wrote:

On Mon, 11 Feb 2019 07:01:59 -0800 (PST), wrote:

After a house move, my Bosch upright fridge/freezer has a problem in that the upper fridge compartment is at room temperature, but the lower freezer bit is at a normal minus 22C. Any ideas as to what is wrong?

How many compressors? Older fridge/freezers sometimes had two
compressors (ours did, bought in about 2000), one for the fridge
compartment, the other for the freezer, independently controlled. If
yours is like that, perhaps the compressor for the fridge or its
control mechanism has failed in some way.

Some modern Bosch models have twin compressors.

Just been quoted £230 to have a guy look at it.
I told them thanks but no thanks.

Just bought a brand new Hisense fridge freezer for £230.

[email protected] February 16th 19 10:32 AM

Bosch fridge too warm

On Wednesday, February 13, 2019 at 2:14:01 PM UTC, wrote:
[...]

It arrived yesterday and the freezer is -30C and the fridge 3C - RESULT!
I now have a Chinese fridge/freezer with a water dispenser for £230.