Old February 8th 19, 06:04 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bodywork

Someone has delicately scraped into my car . I noticed first the mirror
was knocked, there was also a V small paint scuff on the side.

Looks like the scuff was so gentle that there is no damage to the
actual metalwork but there is a piece of paint transference.

This mark will not come off with spit and rub. Is there anything I can
apply that will take this scuff paint off but leave the proper body
paint underneath unaffected?

Time to invest in a dashcam with a proper full parking mode, so I can
prove who it was and 'cut their gollies off'(or the female equivalent).

Old February 8th 19, 06:15 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

soup presented the following explanation :
This mark will not come off with spit and rub. Is there anything I can
apply that will take this scuff paint off but leave the proper body
paint underneath unaffected?

Try Tcut, or Brasso, or chrome cleaner, or toothpaste on a cloth.
Old February 8th 19, 06:19 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/02/2019 18:04, soup wrote:
Someone has delicately scraped into my car . I noticed first the mirror
was knocked, there was also a V small paint scuff on the side.

* Looks like the scuff was so gentle that there is no damage to the
actual metalwork but there is a piece of paint transference.

This mark will not come off with spit and rub.* Is there anything I can
apply that will take this scuff paint off but leave the proper body
paint underneath unaffected?

Time to invest in a dashcam with a proper full parking mode, so I can
prove who it was and 'cut their gollies off'(or the female equivalent).

There used to be a product available called 'cutting paste/polish', with
which you could gently rub the affected area to remove the scuff.

I think it might still be avaiable from a well know high street motor
accessory shop.
Old February 8th 19, 06:21 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

soup Wrote in message:
Someone has delicately scraped into my car . I noticed first the mirror
was knocked, there was also a V small paint scuff on the side.

Looks like the scuff was so gentle that there is no damage to the
actual metalwork but there is a piece of paint transference.

This mark will not come off with spit and rub. Is there anything I can
apply that will take this scuff paint off but leave the proper body
paint underneath unaffected?

Time to invest in a dashcam with a proper full parking mode, so I can
prove who it was and 'cut their gollies off'(or the female equivalent).

T cut?
Or a coloured version to "match" yr car.
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Old February 8th 19, 06:22 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/02/2019 18:16, Jim K.. wrote:
soup Wrote in message:
Someone has delicately scraped into my car . I noticed first the mirror
was knocked, there was also a V small paint scuff on the side.

Looks like the scuff was so gentle that there is no damage to the
actual metalwork but there is a piece of paint transference.

This mark will not come off with spit and rub. Is there anything I can
apply that will take this scuff paint off but leave the proper body
paint underneath unaffected?

Time to invest in a dashcam with a proper full parking mode, so I can
prove who it was and 'cut their gollies off'(or the female equivalent).

T cut?
Or a coloured version to "match" yr car.

Aldi/Lidl do a kit from time to time coarse and fine.

Their fine gets a better polish than Tcut.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Old February 8th 19, 06:35 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
soup wrote:
Someone has delicately scraped into my car . I noticed first the mirror
was knocked, there was also a V small paint scuff on the side.

Looks like the scuff was so gentle that there is no damage to the
actual metalwork but there is a piece of paint transference.

This mark will not come off with spit and rub. Is there anything I can
apply that will take this scuff paint off but leave the proper body
paint underneath unaffected?

Time to invest in a dashcam with a proper full parking mode, so I can
prove who it was and 'cut their gollies off'(or the female equivalent).

It's not diy, but there is a national franchise chain called Chips Away.
Locally they give god results.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Old February 8th 19, 06:41 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/02/2019 18:35, charles wrote:
.... snipped

It's not diy, but there is a national franchise chain called Chips Away.
Locally they give god results.

Are they taking-over from vicars? ;-)
Old February 8th 19, 07:41 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

charles Wrote in message:
In article ,
soup wrote:
Someone has delicately scraped into my car . I noticed first the mirror
was knocked, there was also a V small paint scuff on the side.

Looks like the scuff was so gentle that there is no damage to the
actual metalwork but there is a piece of paint transference.

This mark will not come off with spit and rub. Is there anything I can
apply that will take this scuff paint off but leave the proper body
paint underneath unaffected?

Time to invest in a dashcam with a proper full parking mode, so I can
prove who it was and 'cut their gollies off'(or the female equivalent).

It's not diy, but there is a national franchise chain called Chips Away.
Locally they give god results.

What does He drive these days?
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Old February 8th 19, 08:08 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/02/2019 18:04, soup wrote:
Someone has delicately scraped into my car . I noticed first the mirror
was knocked, there was also a V small paint scuff on the side.

* Looks like the scuff was so gentle that there is no damage to the
actual metalwork but there is a piece of paint transference.

This mark will not come off with spit and rub.* Is there anything I can
apply that will take this scuff paint off but leave the proper body
paint underneath unaffected?

T-Cut or equivalent.

Time to invest in a dashcam with a proper full parking mode, so I can
prove who it was and 'cut their gollies off'(or the female equivalent).

--
"Strange as it seems, no amount of learning can cure stupidity, and
higher education positively fortifies it."

- Stephen Vizinczey