DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   flu not flue .... (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/630862-flu-not-flue.html)

Jim GM4DHJ ... February 8th 19 09:32 AM

flu not flue ....

anybody else had the flu for the last three weeks?

Rod Speed February 8th 19 09:43 AM

flu not flue ....

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote

anybody else had the flu for the last three weeks?

Nope, just you.

Jim GM4DHJ ... February 8th 19 10:04 AM

flu not flue ....

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote
anybody else had the flu for the last three weeks?

Nope, just you.

bugger

Rod Speed February 8th 19 10:08 AM

flu not flue ....

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote
anybody else had the flu for the last three weeks?

Nope, just you.

bugger

Your sig is sposed to have a line with just -- on it in front of it, you
bugger.

Jim GM4DHJ ... February 8th 19 10:10 AM

flu not flue ....

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote
anybody else had the flu for the last three weeks?

Nope, just you.

bugger

Your sig is sposed to have a line with just -- on it in front of it, you
bugger.

what sig?.....

Rod Speed February 8th 19 10:50 AM

flu not flue ....

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote
anybody else had the flu for the last three weeks?

Nope, just you.

bugger

Your sig is sposed to have a line with just -- on it in front of it, you
bugger.

what sig?.....

That one, you bugger

Harry Bloomfield[_3_] February 8th 19 10:55 AM

flu not flue ....

Jim GM4DHJ ... formulated on Friday :
anybody else had the flu for the last three weeks?

I have had a slight sniffle for the past three weeks, does that count?

Just a little 'bunged up', a lot of sneezing, nothing else.

John Rumm February 8th 19 10:58 AM

flu not flue ....

On 08/02/2019 08:32, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

anybody else had the flu for the last three weeks?

about 3 weeks ago... first time I have had proper flu in the last couple
of decades!

--
Cheers,

John.

Marland February 8th 19 11:03 AM

flu not flue ....

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
anybody else had the flu for the last three weeks?

Shouldnt that Flue be Lum in your part of the world.

GH

The Natural Philosopher[_2_] February 8th 19 11:06 AM

flu not flue ....

On 08/02/2019 09:55, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Jim GM4DHJ ... formulated on Friday :
anybody else had the flu for the last three weeks?

I have had a slight sniffle for the past three weeks, does that count?

Just a little 'bunged up', a lot of sneezing, nothing else.

Mmm. had almost everything all over the winter, but never bad enough to
completely stop me.

Benefit of flu jabs I guess.

look exactly the same afterwards."

Billy Connolly

Andy Burns[_13_] February 8th 19 11:28 AM

flu not flue ....

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

anybody else had the flu for the last three weeks?

Are you a horse?

Dave Plowman (News) February 8th 19 12:04 PM

flu not flue ....

Anyone had flu this year after having the flue jab? I did have flue last
year, so decided to have the jab this time round.

--
*Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Andrew Gabriel February 8th 19 12:25 PM

flu not flue ....

In article ,
John Rumm writes:
On 08/02/2019 08:32, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

anybody else had the flu for the last three weeks?

about 3 weeks ago... first time I have had proper flu in the last couple
of decades!

Did you have the vaccine?

I've only had real flu once, when I was a child.
Last 2 winters, I got vaccinated.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Terry Casey February 8th 19 12:43 PM

flu not flue ....

In article ,
says...

anybody else had the flu for the last three weeks?

Flu??????

So, you were as weak as a kitten, barely able to get out of
bed to go to the loo?

Or did you just have the bad cold that many people have had -
including me?

My wife had it too - started just after Christmas. I got the
blame for giving it to her, of course, because I went down
with it a day earlier!

In her case, though, it really lingered and she's only just
got over it.

I had the flu back in the 50s, so I do know how to tell the
difference.

--

Terry

---
https://www.avg.com

Jim K.. February 8th 19 01:01 PM

flu not flue ....

"Dave Plowman (News)" Wrote in message:
Anyone had flu this year after having the flue jab?

Yup :-(

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

whisky-dave[_2_] February 8th 19 01:05 PM

flu not flue ....

On Friday, 8 February 2019 08:32:57 UTC, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
anybody else had the flu for the last three weeks?

I did just before xmas, a sore throat for a few hours, then a bad cold for 4-5 days, then a cough and a bit of sneezing for the following 3 weeks annoying but I was still able to do most things without a probem.
Quite a few friends had it too but effected them differnty but all said they had something for about 1 month or so.

I boldley flew where I had flu'd before is how I saw it.

Dave Liquorice[_2_] February 8th 19 01:33 PM

flu not flue ....

On Fri, 8 Feb 2019 08:32:53 -0000, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

anybody else had the flu for the last three weeks?

IMHO you'd be dead if you'd have full blow flu for three weeks. It
might take you three weeks to start feeling almost back to normal but
that's just recovery time not flu.

Flu is nasty, as some one else has said barely able to get out of bed
to go to the loo. Or not being able to collect a free £50 note that
is on the kitchen table and all you have to do is go down and pick it
up.

The vast majority of people who say they have had flu but are back to
normal in around a week have just had a common cold. There does seem
to be some low level upper respitory tract infection about. I've had
a bit of a tickly cough for a month or so that started with a bad but
productive cough. Probably some virus that my immune system can't
quite get a handle on.

--
Cheers
Dave.

bert[_7_] February 8th 19 01:57 PM

flu not flue ....

In article l.net,
Dave Liquorice writes
[...]

Quite agree. I've had sore throat sneezing coughing fits due to catarrh
sporadically for over 2 weeks. A cold as far as I am concerned.
--
bert

alan_m February 8th 19 04:29 PM

flu not flue ....

On 08/02/2019 09:55, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Jim GM4DHJ ... formulated on Friday :
anybody else had the flu for the last three weeks?

I have had a slight sniffle for the past three weeks, does that count?

Just a little 'bunged up', a lot of sneezing, nothing else.

Mmm. had almost everything all over the winter, but never bad enough to
completely stop me.

Benefit of flu jabs I guess.

I had a flu jab in November but just after the new year I was laid up
with a bad cold that lasted around 2.5 weeks. 3 days in a row I got up,
felt so bad that after an hour went back to bed and stayed there all
day. One day I couldn't stop sneezing and throughout a cough. I know
quite a few people who had the same symptoms.

[email protected] February 8th 19 05:21 PM

flu not flue ....

I'll vouch for the severity of real flu. I was in bed with it when my young stepdaughter told me that a pikey was stealing a large radiator that I removed for a re-plastering job and left propped against the side wall of our house (not in full view). All I could do was tell her: get his reg number.

I'd normally be well up for some argy-bargy with a scoundrel like that. I just could not rise from bed.

Bill.

John Rumm February 8th 19 05:43 PM

flu not flue ....

On 08/02/2019 11:25, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
John Rumm writes:
On 08/02/2019 08:32, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

anybody else had the flu for the last three weeks?

about 3 weeks ago... first time I have had proper flu in the last couple
of decades!

Did you have the vaccine?

No - til then I had not really had it as an adult, so had not bothered!

I've only had real flu once, when I was a child.
Last 2 winters, I got vaccinated.

Yup I remember having it a couple of times as a kid, and being pretty
rough for a week or so.

--
Cheers,

John.

Jim GM4DHJ ... February 8th 19 05:56 PM

flu not flue ....

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote
anybody else had the flu for the last three weeks?

Nope, just you.

bugger

Your sig is sposed to have a line with just -- on it in front of it, you
bugger.

what sig?.....

That one, you bugger

that is not a sig it is a Ellipsis ...

Jim GM4DHJ ... February 8th 19 05:58 PM

flu not flue ....

On 08/02/2019 09:55, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Jim GM4DHJ ... formulated on Friday :
anybody else had the flu for the last three weeks?

I have had a slight sniffle for the past three weeks, does that count?

Just a little 'bunged up', a lot of sneezing, nothing else.

Mmm. had almost everything all over the winter, but never bad enough to
completely stop me.

Benefit of flu jabs I guess.

stupid Scottish three type one didn't work for me ...

Jim GM4DHJ ... February 8th 19 05:58 PM

flu not flue ....

"alan_m" wrote in message
On 08/02/2019 09:55, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Jim GM4DHJ ... formulated on Friday :
anybody else had the flu for the last three weeks?

I have had a slight sniffle for the past three weeks, does that count?

Just a little 'bunged up', a lot of sneezing, nothing else.

Mmm. had almost everything all over the winter, but never bad enough to
completely stop me.

Benefit of flu jabs I guess.

I had a flu jab in November but just after the new year I was laid up with
a bad cold that lasted around 2.5 weeks. 3 days in a row I got up, felt so
bad that after an hour went back to bed and stayed there all day. One day
I couldn't stop sneezing and throughout a cough. I know quite a few
people who had the same symptoms.

that is the one .....

Jim GM4DHJ ... February 8th 19 05:59 PM

flu not flue ....

good man

whisky-dave[_2_] February 8th 19 06:04 PM

flu not flue ....

On Friday, 8 February 2019 13:02:38 UTC, bert wrote:
In article l.net,
Dave Liquorice writes
[...]

But as I took a day off work I entered it as man flu.

Jim GM4DHJ ... February 8th 19 06:14 PM

flu not flue ....

"Marland" wrote in message
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
anybody else had the flu for the last three weeks?

Shouldn't that Flue be Lum in your part of the world.

GH

well done ...

Jim GM4DHJ ... February 8th 19 06:16 PM

flu not flue ....

I forgot about the skitters .......

Rod Speed February 8th 19 06:29 PM

flu not flue ....

whisky-dave wrote
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

anybody else had the flu for the last three weeks?

I did just before xmas, a sore throat for a few hours, then a bad cold for
4-5 days, then a cough and a bit of sneezing for the following 3 weeks

Much more likely to be a common cold than flu.

annoying but I was still able to do most things without a probem.

So it wasnt the flu.

Andrew[_22_] February 8th 19 07:39 PM

flu not flue ....

Anyone had flu this year after having the flue jab? I did have flue last
year, so decided to have the jab this time round.

I didn't bother with a flu jab, but had to go to funeral up in
Cumbria last week. Always a bad time to travel public transport,
and lo-and-behold, half way through the 2.5 hour Euston to
Lancaster leg a bloke on the other side of the carrige had
a massive coughing, spluttering episode for at least 15 minutes.

Too late for me to move and avoid him.

Exactly one week later I had a similar episode, with a bit
of shivering for about a couple of hours, so I'm not sure if this
was actual flu or just a bloody awful cold. I was hot and sweaty
for the next three days with a nasty headache and feeling of
nausea.

I think I will buy one of those face masks that LOndon cyclists
wear, if I have to make a journey like that again during the flu
season.

Andrew[_22_] February 8th 19 07:41 PM

flu not flue ....

On 08/02/2019 08:32, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
anybody else had the flu for the last three weeks?

Possibly. See the other thread that has become detached by
Thunderbird.

Rod Speed February 8th 19 08:17 PM

flu not flue ....

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote
anybody else had the flu for the last three weeks?

Nope, just you.

bugger

Your sig is sposed to have a line with just -- on it in front of it,
you bugger.

what sig?.....

That one, you bugger

that is not a sig it is a Ellipsis ...

There was none on your sig, you bugger.

Rod Speed February 8th 19 08:19 PM

flu not flue ....

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"alan_m" wrote in message
On 08/02/2019 09:55, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Jim GM4DHJ ... formulated on Friday :
anybody else had the flu for the last three weeks?

I have had a slight sniffle for the past three weeks, does that count?

Just a little 'bunged up', a lot of sneezing, nothing else.

Mmm. had almost everything all over the winter, but never bad enough to
completely stop me.

Benefit of flu jabs I guess.

I had a flu jab in November but just after the new year I was laid up
with a bad cold that lasted around 2.5 weeks. 3 days in a row I got up,
felt so bad that after an hour went back to bed and stayed there all day.
One day I couldn't stop sneezing and throughout a cough. I know quite a
few people who had the same symptoms.

that is the one .....
Thefts not flu, that’s the common cold.

Fredxx[_3_] February 8th 19 09:09 PM

flu not flue ....

On 08/02/2019 19:17:55, Rod Speed wrote:

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote
anybody else had the flu for the last three weeks?

Nope, just you.

bugger

Your sig is sposed to have a line with just -- on it in front of
it, you bugger.

what sig?.....

That one, you bugger

that is not a sig it is a Ellipsis ...

There was none on your sig, you bugger.

Have you been drinking?

No one else can see any signature.

2987fr February 8th 19 10:08 PM

flu not flue ....

"Andrew" wrote in message
Anyone had flu this year after having the flue jab? I did have flue last
year, so decided to have the jab this time round.

I didn't bother with a flu jab, but had to go to funeral up in
Cumbria last week. Always a bad time to travel public transport,
and lo-and-behold, half way through the 2.5 hour Euston to
Lancaster leg a bloke on the other side of the carrige had
a massive coughing, spluttering episode for at least 15 minutes.

Too late for me to move and avoid him.

Exactly one week later I had a similar episode, with a bit
of shivering for about a couple of hours, so I'm not sure if this
was actual flu or just a bloody awful cold. I was hot and sweaty
for the next three days with a nasty headache and feeling of
nausea.

Thats just a cold, not the flu.

Rod Speed February 8th 19 11:43 PM

flu not flue ....

"Fredxx" wrote in message
On 08/02/2019 19:17:55, Rod Speed wrote:

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote
anybody else had the flu for the last three weeks?

Nope, just you.

bugger

Your sig is sposed to have a line with just -- on it in front of it,
you bugger.

what sig?.....

That one, you bugger

that is not a sig it is a Ellipsis ...

There was none on your sig, you bugger.

Have you been drinking?

No one else can see any signature.

It was a joke, Joyce. Don’t laugh, see if I care, you bugger.

Jim GM4DHJ ... February 9th 19 12:53 PM

flu not flue ....

"Fredxx" wrote in message
On 08/02/2019 19:17:55, Rod Speed wrote:

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote
anybody else had the flu for the last three weeks?

Nope, just you.

bugger

Your sig is sposed to have a line with just -- on it in front of it,
you bugger.

what sig?.....

That one, you bugger

that is not a sig it is a Ellipsis ...

There was none on your sig, you bugger.

Have you been drinking?

No one else can see any signature.

people from wagga wagga see things .....

Vir Campestris February 10th 19 10:58 PM

flu not flue ....

On 08/02/2019 18:39, Andrew wrote:

Exactly one week later I had a similar episode, with a bit
of shivering for about a couple of hours, so I'm not sure if this
was actual flu or just a bloody awful cold. I was hot and sweaty
for the next three days with a nasty headache and feeling of
nausea.

My wife had 'flu once when we were on holiday. Not a bad case, was still
able to talk Spanish to the doctor. Still had no energy, was just about
able to sit in the car and groan when I raved about the scenery.

When she got back to work she found that one of the kids she taught was
dead.

Andy

Jimbo GM4DHJ ...[_2_] February 11th 19 08:41 AM

flu not flue ....

"Vir Campestris" wrote in message
On 08/02/2019 18:39, Andrew wrote:

Exactly one week later I had a similar episode, with a bit
of shivering for about a couple of hours, so I'm not sure if this
was actual flu or just a bloody awful cold. I was hot and sweaty
for the next three days with a nasty headache and feeling of
nausea.

My wife had 'flu once when we were on holiday. Not a bad case, was still
able to talk Spanish to the doctor. Still had no energy, was just about
able to sit in the car and groan when I raved about the scenery.

When she got back to work she found that one of the kids she taught was
dead.

Andy

how reassuring .......thanks