Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default flu not flue ....

On 10/02/2019 21:58, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 08/02/2019 18:39, Andrew wrote:

Exactly one week later I had a similar episode, with a bit
of shivering for about a couple of hours, so I'm not sure if this
was actual flu or just a bloody awful cold. I was hot and sweaty
for the next three days with a nasty headache and feeling of
nausea.

My wife had 'flu once when we were on holiday. Not a bad case, was still
able to talk Spanish to the doctor. Still had no energy, was just about
able to sit in the carĀ* and groan when I raved about the scenery.

When she got back to work she found that one of the kids she taught was
dead.

Andy

Presumably not from flu though ??
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/02/2019 07:41, Jimbo GM4DHJ ... wrote:
"Vir Campestris" wrote in message
My wife had 'flu once when we were on holiday. Not a bad case, was still
able to talk Spanish to the doctor. Still had no energy, was just about
able to sit in the car and groan when I raved about the scenery.

When she got back to work she found that one of the kids she taught was
dead.

Andy

how reassuring .......thanks

If you're reading this you don't have 'flu.

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/02/2019 14:14, Andrew wrote:
On 10/02/2019 21:58, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 08/02/2019 18:39, Andrew wrote:

Exactly one week later I had a similar episode, with a bit
of shivering for about a couple of hours, so I'm not sure if this
was actual flu or just a bloody awful cold. I was hot and sweaty
for the next three days with a nasty headache and feeling of
nausea.

My wife had 'flu once when we were on holiday. Not a bad case, was
still able to talk Spanish to the doctor. Still had no energy, was
just about able to sit in the carĀ* and groan when I raved about the
scenery.

When she got back to work she found that one of the kids she taught
was dead.

Andy

Presumably not from flu though ??

You presume wrong.

Influenza is a killer.

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Vir Campestris vir.campestris@
invalid.invalid scribeth thus
On 08/02/2019 18:39, Andrew wrote:

Exactly one week later I had a similar episode, with a bit
of shivering for about a couple of hours, so I'm not sure if this
was actual flu or just a bloody awful cold. I was hot and sweaty
for the next three days with a nasty headache and feeling of
nausea.

My wife had 'flu once when we were on holiday. Not a bad case, was still
able to talk Spanish to the doctor. Still had no energy, was just about
able to sit in the car and groan when I raved about the scenery.

When she got back to work she found that one of the kids she taught was
dead.

Andy

Yes very nasty is Flu, as you can read here;-(..

https://www.cdc.gov/features/1918-fl...mic/index.html
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/02/2019 21:16, tony sayer wrote:
In article , Vir Campestris vir.campestris@
invalid.invalid scribeth thus
On 08/02/2019 18:39, Andrew wrote:

Exactly one week later I had a similar episode, with a bit
of shivering for about a couple of hours, so I'm not sure if this
was actual flu or just a bloody awful cold. I was hot and sweaty
for the next three days with a nasty headache and feeling of
nausea.

My wife had 'flu once when we were on holiday. Not a bad case, was still
able to talk Spanish to the doctor. Still had no energy, was just about
able to sit in the car and groan when I raved about the scenery.

When she got back to work she found that one of the kids she taught was
dead.

Andy

Yes very nasty is Flu, as you can read here;-(..

https://www.cdc.gov/features/1918-fl...mic/index.html

Its estimated it killed more than double the number of people killed in
the first world war.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , John
Rumm scribeth thus
[...]

Some have put estimates higher than that, around 50 Million and more,
problem is that after so much misery dearth and grief people, not
surprisingly, seemed to want to forget this pestilence that was thrown
on them.

What was the defining factor in the illness was the speed which it
attacked young and otherwise fit and healthy people, this was a result
of a cytokine storm where the body over reacted to the pathogens
attacking it older people did not have that reaction and survived it.

It seems the killer was rapid onset Pneumonia, people in effect drowned
themselves Fine in the morning, dead the next.

Poor sods..

--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
John Rumm writes:
On 11/02/2019 21:16, tony sayer wrote:
Yes very nasty is Flu, as you can read here;-(..

https://www.cdc.gov/features/1918-fl...mic/index.html

Its estimated it killed more than double the number of people killed in
the first world war.

The most significant thing is that it killed the most healthy in
particular. It did this because it was the body's own immune system
which killed in that flu, and those with strong immune systems were
therefore particularly vulnerable.

Ironically, elderly people can be less vulnerable to many flu variants,
because their bodies are more likely to have seen sufficiently similar
variants and already have immunity to it getting started. There was
quite a serious one probbly some 10-20 years ago, but generally anyone
over 55 was immune because it was similar to one that did the rounds
55 years earlier.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Flue in flue... John Rumm UK diy 12 August 11th 14 06:00 PM
Bird flu vet IS NOT dying in hospital TheOldFellow UK diy 0 February 8th 07 07:21 AM
Bird flu vet IS NOT dying in hospital Steve Walker UK diy 0 February 7th 07 09:26 PM
Gas fire to fit on an external wall with a bent flue or a long (approx 1metre) flue david UK diy 2 October 22nd 06 01:54 PM
Kitchen Extractor Fan Flue Location & boiler Flue location [email protected] UK diy 7 June 9th 05 10:44 PM