Old February 8th 19, 04:43 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default flu not flue ....

On 08/02/2019 11:25, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
John Rumm writes:
On 08/02/2019 08:32, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

anybody else had the flu for the last three weeks?

about 3 weeks ago... first time I have had proper flu in the last couple
of decades!

Did you have the vaccine?

No - til then I had not really had it as an adult, so had not bothered!

I've only had real flu once, when I was a child.
Last 2 winters, I got vaccinated.

Yup I remember having it a couple of times as a kid, and being pretty
rough for a week or so.

--
Cheers,

John.

Old February 8th 19, 04:56 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote
anybody else had the flu for the last three weeks?

Nope, just you.

bugger

Your sig is sposed to have a line with just -- on it in front of it, you
bugger.

what sig?.....

That one, you bugger

that is not a sig it is a Ellipsis ...

Old February 8th 19, 04:57 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
Jim GM4DHJ ... formulated on Friday :
anybody else had the flu for the last three weeks?

I have had a slight sniffle for the past three weeks, does that count?

Just a little 'bunged up', a lot of sneezing, nothing else.

lucky you .....

Old February 8th 19, 04:58 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/02/2019 09:55, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Jim GM4DHJ ... formulated on Friday :
anybody else had the flu for the last three weeks?

I have had a slight sniffle for the past three weeks, does that count?

Just a little 'bunged up', a lot of sneezing, nothing else.

Mmm. had almost everything all over the winter, but never bad enough to
completely stop me.

Benefit of flu jabs I guess.

stupid Scottish three type one didn't work for me ...

Old February 8th 19, 04:58 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

"alan_m" wrote in message
On 08/02/2019 09:55, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Jim GM4DHJ ... formulated on Friday :
anybody else had the flu for the last three weeks?

I have had a slight sniffle for the past three weeks, does that count?

Just a little 'bunged up', a lot of sneezing, nothing else.

Mmm. had almost everything all over the winter, but never bad enough to
completely stop me.

Benefit of flu jabs I guess.

I had a flu jab in November but just after the new year I was laid up with
a bad cold that lasted around 2.5 weeks. 3 days in a row I got up, felt so
bad that after an hour went back to bed and stayed there all day. One day
I couldn't stop sneezing and throughout a cough. I know quite a few
people who had the same symptoms.

that is the one .....

Old February 8th 19, 04:59 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

good man

Old February 8th 19, 05:04 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 8 February 2019 13:02:38 UTC, bert wrote:
In article l.net,
Dave Liquorice writes
On Fri, 8 Feb 2019 08:32:53 -0000, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

anybody else had the flu for the last three weeks?

IMHO you'd be dead if you'd have full blow flu for three weeks. It
might take you three weeks to start feeling almost back to normal but
that's just recovery time not flu.

Flu is nasty, as some one else has said barely able to get out of bed
to go to the loo. Or not being able to collect a free £50 note that
is on the kitchen table and all you have to do is go down and pick it
up.

The vast majority of people who say they have had flu but are back to
normal in around a week have just had a common cold. There does seem
to be some low level upper respitory tract infection about. I've had
a bit of a tickly cough for a month or so that started with a bad but
productive cough. Probably some virus that my immune system can't
quite get a handle on.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Quite agree. I've had sore throat sneezing coughing fits due to catarrh
sporadically for over 2 weeks. A cold as far as I am concerned.
--
bert

But as I took a day off work I entered it as man flu.
Old February 8th 19, 05:14 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

"Marland" wrote in message
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
anybody else had the flu for the last three weeks?

Shouldn't that Flue be Lum in your part of the world.

GH

well done ...

Old February 8th 19, 05:16 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

I forgot about the skitters .......

Old February 8th 19, 05:29 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

anybody else had the flu for the last three weeks?

I did just before xmas, a sore throat for a few hours, then a bad cold for
4-5 days, then a cough and a bit of sneezing for the following 3 weeks

Much more likely to be a common cold than flu.

annoying but I was still able to do most things without a probem.

So it wasn’t the flu.

Quite a few friends had it too but effected them differnty
but all said they had something for about 1 month or so.

Flue in flue... John Rumm UK diy 12 August 11th 14 06:00 PM
Bird flu vet IS NOT dying in hospital TheOldFellow UK diy 0 February 8th 07 07:21 AM
Bird flu vet IS NOT dying in hospital Steve Walker UK diy 0 February 7th 07 09:26 PM
Gas fire to fit on an external wall with a bent flue or a long (approx 1metre) flue david UK diy 2 October 22nd 06 01:54 PM
Kitchen Extractor Fan Flue Location & boiler Flue location [email protected] UK diy 7 June 9th 05 10:44 PM