Old February 8th 19, 10:28 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default flu not flue ....

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

anybody else had the flu for the last three weeks?

Are you a horse?

Old February 8th 19, 11:04 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

Anyone had flu this year after having the flue jab? I did have flue last
year, so decided to have the jab this time round.

--
*Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Old February 8th 19, 11:25 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
John Rumm writes:
On 08/02/2019 08:32, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

anybody else had the flu for the last three weeks?

about 3 weeks ago... first time I have had proper flu in the last couple
of decades!

Did you have the vaccine?

I've only had real flu once, when I was a child.
Last 2 winters, I got vaccinated.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Old February 8th 19, 12:01 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" Wrote in message:
Anyone had flu this year after having the flue jab?

Yup :-(

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Old February 8th 19, 12:05 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 8 February 2019 08:32:57 UTC, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
anybody else had the flu for the last three weeks?

I did just before xmas, a sore throat for a few hours, then a bad cold for 4-5 days, then a cough and a bit of sneezing for the following 3 weeks annoying but I was still able to do most things without a probem.
Quite a few friends had it too but effected them differnty but all said they had something for about 1 month or so.

I boldley flew where I had flu'd before is how I saw it.
Old February 8th 19, 12:33 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 8 Feb 2019 08:32:53 -0000, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

anybody else had the flu for the last three weeks?

IMHO you'd be dead if you'd have full blow flu for three weeks. It
might take you three weeks to start feeling almost back to normal but
that's just recovery time not flu.

Flu is nasty, as some one else has said barely able to get out of bed
to go to the loo. Or not being able to collect a free 50 note that
is on the kitchen table and all you have to do is go down and pick it
up.

The vast majority of people who say they have had flu but are back to
normal in around a week have just had a common cold. There does seem
to be some low level upper respitory tract infection about. I've had
a bit of a tickly cough for a month or so that started with a bad but
productive cough. Probably some virus that my immune system can't
quite get a handle on.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Old February 8th 19, 12:57 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

In article l.net,
Dave Liquorice writes
[...]

Quite agree. I've had sore throat sneezing coughing fits due to catarrh
sporadically for over 2 weeks. A cold as far as I am concerned.
--
bert
Old February 8th 19, 03:29 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/02/2019 09:55, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Jim GM4DHJ ... formulated on Friday :
anybody else had the flu for the last three weeks?

I have had a slight sniffle for the past three weeks, does that count?

Just a little 'bunged up', a lot of sneezing, nothing else.

Mmm. had almost everything all over the winter, but never bad enough to
completely stop me.

Benefit of flu jabs I guess.

I had a flu jab in November but just after the new year I was laid up
with a bad cold that lasted around 2.5 weeks. 3 days in a row I got up,
felt so bad that after an hour went back to bed and stayed there all
day. One day I couldn't stop sneezing and throughout a cough. I know
quite a few people who had the same symptoms.

Old February 8th 19, 04:21 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

I'll vouch for the severity of real flu. I was in bed with it when my young stepdaughter told me that a pikey was stealing a large radiator that I removed for a re-plastering job and left propped against the side wall of our house (not in full view). All I could do was tell her: get his reg number.

I'd normally be well up for some argy-bargy with a scoundrel like that. I just could not rise from bed.

Bill.

Flue in flue... John Rumm UK diy 12 August 11th 14 06:00 PM
Bird flu vet IS NOT dying in hospital TheOldFellow UK diy 0 February 8th 07 07:21 AM
Bird flu vet IS NOT dying in hospital Steve Walker UK diy 0 February 7th 07 09:26 PM
Gas fire to fit on an external wall with a bent flue or a long (approx 1metre) flue david UK diy 2 October 22nd 06 01:54 PM
Kitchen Extractor Fan Flue Location & boiler Flue location [email protected] UK diy 7 June 9th 05 10:44 PM