Old February 9th 19, 03:41 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Shower Tray

John Rumm Wrote in message:
On 08/02/2019 12:03, DerbyBorn wrote:
+1.
Alternatively, if you really can't connect to a lower part of the
stack (drop through the ceiling below and box-in the pipe?), then
maybe a shower waste pump would be worth investigating.

No - going through the ceiling (lounge) would not be something I would want
to do. I suppose going lower on the stack with a collar is possible.

Yup, a strap boss is an easy way to get another connection to a soil stack.

And with a blanking plug, a way to deal with the redundant hole in
the stack...
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Old February 11th 19, 11:24 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/02/2019 16:54, John Rumm wrote:
On 08/02/2019 10:24, DerbyBorn wrote:

Are you ok with a step up to it?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gBEgUXe9wPrUaAiH9

It would not be very high. Maybe 4 inches.

Ah, ok that's not going to be a problem normally... even if you add on
the height of the rim of the tray.

(I quite like a traditional "deep" tray rather than the modern ultra
shallow ones, since when the long haired women of the house clog the
drain, you get a bit more warning before it overflows!)

+1 :-)