DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT any other Plusnet broadband users having trouble today? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/630828-ot-any-other-plusnet-broadband-users-having-trouble-today.html)

newshound February 7th 19 03:57 PM

OT any other Plusnet broadband users having trouble today?

Web chat not available, reporting ten minutes delay on phone help line.

One of their pages seems to show a spike of reports, another shows "no
problems"

Mark[_24_] February 7th 19 04:37 PM

OT any other Plusnet broadband users having trouble today?

On Thu, 7 Feb 2019 15:57:47 +0000, newshound
wrote:

Web chat not available, reporting ten minutes delay on phone help line.

One of their pages seems to show a spike of reports, another shows "no
problems"

FWIW I've not noticed any problems today, but I haven't attempted to
contact PN today.

[Now I've said this I am bound to experience problems though;-)]

--
Little Britain leaves. Great Britain stays.

Nick Odell[_2_] February 7th 19 04:39 PM

On 07/02/2019 15:57, newshound wrote:
Web chat not available, reporting ten minutes delay on phone help line.

One of their pages seems to show a spike of reports, another shows "no
problems"

I've been having dropouts for several days now but the same thing
happened about this time last year and I wonder if it could be something
to do with the weather? Ordinary ADSL here.

Nick

Mark[_24_] February 7th 19 05:41 PM

OT any other Plusnet broadband users having trouble today?

On Thu, 7 Feb 2019 16:39:26 +0000, Nick Odell
wrote:

On 07/02/2019 15:57, newshound wrote:
Web chat not available, reporting ten minutes delay on phone help line.

One of their pages seems to show a spike of reports, another shows "no
problems"

I've been having dropouts for several days now but the same thing
happened about this time last year and I wonder if it could be something
to do with the weather? Ordinary ADSL here.

FWIW I am on FTTC (lucky me). ADSL was always appalling here.

--
Little Britain leaves. Great Britain stays.

Chris February 7th 19 10:36 PM

newshound wrote:
Web chat not available, reporting ten minutes delay on phone help line.

One of their pages seems to show a spike of reports, another shows "no
problems"

Nope. All fine here. I've been working from home since lunch with no
issues. Just done a speedtest that checks out fine as well.

Clive Page[_2_] February 8th 19 09:53 AM

OT any other Plusnet broadband users having trouble today?

On 07/02/2019 15:57, newshound wrote:
Web chat not available, reporting ten minutes delay on phone help line.

One of their pages seems to show a spike of reports, another shows "no problems"

I've never found web chat to be working and have tried several times over the last few years, so nothing new there.

And only 10 minutes delay on the phone - luxury. It's taken me at least half-an-hour whenever I have needed to contact them. It's really annoying that their "status" pages never reflect actual problems, and that there's no way (that I have discovered) to contact them by email.

--
Clive Page

[email protected] February 8th 19 10:31 AM

wrote:

On 07/02/2019 15:57, newshound wrote:
Web chat not available, reporting ten minutes delay on phone help line..

One of their pages seems to show a spike of reports, another shows "no
problems"

I've been having dropouts for several days now but the same thing
happened about this time last year and I wonder if it could be something
to do with the weather? Ordinary ADSL here.

FWIW I am on FTTC (lucky me). ADSL was always appalling here.

--
Little Britain leaves. Great Britain stays.

In the KCOM area we were on FTTP and the connection was fantastic, but it was £50 pm. I have now moved over the river to Lincolnshire and am now on Plusnet which seems OK if a little slower.

Dave Plowman (News) February 8th 19 11:08 AM

OT any other Plusnet broadband users having trouble today?

In article ,
Clive Page wrote:
On 07/02/2019 15:57, newshound wrote:
Web chat not available, reporting ten minutes delay on phone help line.

One of their pages seems to show a spike of reports, another shows "no
problems"

I've never found web chat to be working and have tried several times
over the last few years, so nothing new there.

And only 10 minutes delay on the phone - luxury. It's taken me at least
half-an-hour whenever I have needed to contact them. It's really
annoying that their "status" pages never reflect actual problems, and
that there's no way (that I have discovered) to contact them by email.

Thought the general view was that Plusnet was perfect?

I had problems with my BT youview box (Humax). Contacted them via online
chat, and a new free one arrived 4 days later.

--
*PMS jokes aren't funny; period.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Mark[_24_] February 8th 19 11:47 AM

OT any other Plusnet broadband users having trouble today?

On Fri, 08 Feb 2019 11:08:51 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Clive Page wrote:
On 07/02/2019 15:57, newshound wrote:
Web chat not available, reporting ten minutes delay on phone help line.

One of their pages seems to show a spike of reports, another shows "no
problems"

I've never found web chat to be working and have tried several times
over the last few years, so nothing new there.

And only 10 minutes delay on the phone - luxury. It's taken me at least
half-an-hour whenever I have needed to contact them. It's really
annoying that their "status" pages never reflect actual problems, and
that there's no way (that I have discovered) to contact them by email.

Thought the general view was that Plusnet was perfect?

Not perfect (nothing is). However PN are one of the best IMHO. I
particularly like the fact that Bob Pullen of PN reads and posts
regularly on usenet.

I had problems with my BT youview box (Humax). Contacted them via online
chat, and a new free one arrived 4 days later.

Great, but BT comes out consistently poor in ISP reviews.

--
Little Britain leaves. Great Britain stays.

Dave Plowman (News) February 9th 19 12:04 PM

Mark wrote:
Thought the general view was that Plusnet was perfect?

Not perfect (nothing is). However PN are one of the best IMHO. I
particularly like the fact that Bob Pullen of PN reads and posts
regularly on usenet.

They tend to push the better service bit. But these posts suggest it is
pretty normal.

I had problems with my BT youview box (Humax). Contacted them via online
chat, and a new free one arrived 4 days later.

Great, but BT comes out consistently poor in ISP reviews.

The larger the number of customers, the more complaints.

--
*I like cats, too. Let's exchange recipes.