DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Bill Wright (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/630715-re-bill-wright.html)

ARW February 5th 19 08:25 PM

Bill Wright

On 05/02/2019 10:23, Scott wrote:
On Sun, 3 Feb 2019 19:55:42 +0000, Bill Wright
wrote:

On 03/02/2019 19:29, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Andy Burns wrote:
Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Are you okay?

He was a couple of hours ago ...

I did read that he was a poorly.......

Yes I'm doing all right at the moment, and I'm touched that you asked.
My next cancer check-up will be March or April. Meanwhile I'm extremely
active, with every day filled to the brim.

Sorry to hear about all this. Your presence livens up this newsgroup.
Your knowledge of your subject is insightful. I think you would be a
useful guy on a desert island. I hope the medical side of things is
successful.

That has just made me think.

Would it not be interesting if the posters on here did their own Desert
Island Disc list for everyone to see?

--
Adam

Nick Odell[_2_] February 5th 19 09:07 PM

Bill Wright

Andy Burns wrote:
Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Are you okay?

He was a couple of hours ago ...

I did read that he was a poorly.......

Yes I'm doing all right at the moment, and I'm touched that you asked.
My next cancer check-up will be March or April. Meanwhile I'm extremely
active, with every day filled to the brim.

Sorry to hear about all this.Â* Your presence livens up this newsgroup.
Your knowledge of your subject is insightful.Â* I think you would be a
useful guy on a desert island.Â* I hope the medical side of things is
successful.

That has just made me think.

Would it not be interesting if the posters on here did their own Desert
Island Disc list for everyone to see?

....not forgetting the book and the luxury item

Nick

Tim Lamb[_2_] February 6th 19 09:16 AM

Bill Wright

In message , Nick Odell
writes

Andy Burns wrote:
Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Are you okay?

He was a couple of hours ago ...

I did read that he was a poorly.......

Yes I'm doing all right at the moment, and I'm touched that you asked.
My next cancer check-up will be March or April. Meanwhile I'm extremely
active, with every day filled to the brim.

Sorry to hear about all this.* Your presence livens up this newsgroup.
Your knowledge of your subject is insightful.* I think you would be a
useful guy on a desert island.* I hope the medical side of things is
successful.

That has just made me think.
Would it not be interesting if the posters on here did their own
Desert Island Disc list for everyone to see?

...not forgetting the book and the luxury item

I've been trying to work out how one could signal ones demise. I guess
most significant others have no interest or knowledge of Newsgroups.
Gaps in posts eventually lead to polite speculation as with TMH
recently.
Some sort of auto posting a revisable obituary? The trigger mechanism is
beyond my technical competence.

I too am on the prostate cancer watch list but no treatment deemed
necessary as yet.

--
Tim Lamb

Dave Plowman (News) February 6th 19 10:54 AM

Bill Wright

In article ,
Nick Odell wrote:
Would it not be interesting if the posters on here did their own
Desert Island Disc list for everyone to see?

...not forgetting the book and the luxury item

Last one would be obvious - an angle grinder.

--
*Rehab is for quitters.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Bill Wright[_3_] February 6th 19 01:41 PM

Bill Wright

On 05/02/2019 20:25, ARW wrote:

Would it not be interesting if the posters on here did their own Desert
Island Disc list for everyone to see?

Good idea.

Bill

Bill Wright[_3_] February 6th 19 01:42 PM

Bill Wright

In article ,
Nick Odell wrote:
Would it not be interesting if the posters on here did their own
Desert Island Disc list for everyone to see?

...not forgetting the book and the luxury item

Last one would be obvious - an angle grinder.

One with solar panels?

Bill

Dave Plowman (News) February 6th 19 02:18 PM

Bill Wright

In article ,
Bill Wright wrote:
In article ,
Nick Odell wrote:
Would it not be interesting if the posters on here did their own
Desert Island Disc list for everyone to see?

...not forgetting the book and the luxury item

Last one would be obvious - an angle grinder.

One with solar panels?

No - if it worked, it would no longer be a luxury item. ;-)

It would just be something you fondle as you drop off to sleep under the
stars...

--
*I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

whisky-dave[_2_] February 6th 19 03:47 PM

Bill Wright

On Wednesday, 6 February 2019 13:41:35 UTC, Bill Wright wrote:
On 05/02/2019 20:25, ARW wrote:

Would it not be interesting if the posters on here did their own Desert
Island Disc list for everyone to see?

can't we update it to video too.

[email protected] February 6th 19 04:23 PM

Bill Wright

On Wednesday, 6 February 2019 14:24:44 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
It would just be something you fondle as you drop off to sleep under the
stars...

Rather frustrating though, fondling something that doesn't work as you drop off to sleep.

Owain

ARW February 6th 19 05:43 PM

Bill Wright

On 06/02/2019 13:41, Bill Wright wrote:
On 05/02/2019 20:25, ARW wrote:

Would it not be interesting if the posters on here did their own
Desert Island Disc list for everyone to see?

Good idea.

I'll do mine after the weekend and start a new thread unless someone
does it before then.

I certainly know what my book and luxury item is.

--

Adam

ARW February 6th 19 05:54 PM

Bill Wright

On 06/02/2019 09:16, Tim Lamb wrote:

I've been trying to work out how one could signal ones demise. I guess
most significant others have no interest or knowledge of Newsgroups.
Gaps in posts eventually lead to polite speculation as with TMH recently.
Some sort of auto posting a revisable obituary? The trigger mechanism is
beyond my technical competence.

I too am on the prostate cancer watch list but no treatment deemed
necessary as yet.

Well in my case TMH would let you know as Lou would tell him (or maybe
Geoff from CETLtd).

In TMH's case I would let you know as his daughter would tell me.

--
Adam

ARW February 6th 19 06:33 PM

Bill Wright

On 05/02/2019 20:25, ARW wrote:

Would it not be interesting if the posters on here did their own Desert
Island Disc list for everyone to see?

can't we update it to video too.

Why not? But let's limit it to say just one film or one episode from a
series or maybe one of each.

--
Adam

BillD[_2_] February 6th 19 09:54 PM

Bill Wright

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Nick Odell wrote:
Would it not be interesting if the posters on here did their own
Desert Island Disc list for everyone to see?

...not forgetting the book and the luxury item

Last one would be obvious - an angle grinder.

Problem is powering it. Easy enough to have a pedal powered iPod but pedal
powered angle grinders are a bit thin on the ground.

Max Demian February 6th 19 10:47 PM

Bill Wright

On 06/02/2019 21:54, BillD wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Nick Odell wrote:
Would it not be interesting if the posters on here did their own
Desert Island Disc list for everyone to see?

...not forgetting the book and the luxury item

Last one would be obvious - an angle grinder.

Problem is powering it. Easy enough to have a pedal powered iPod but pedal
powered angle grinders are a bit thin on the ground.

It could work in the same way as the "magic" gramophone that the BBC had
to presuppose with the demise of 78s and wind up gramophones.

--
Max Demian

whisky-dave[_2_] February 7th 19 01:40 PM

Bill Wright

On 05/02/2019 20:25, ARW wrote:

Would it not be interesting if the posters on here did their own Desert
Island Disc list for everyone to see?

can't we update it to video too.

Why not? But let's limit it to say just one film or one episode from a
series or maybe one of each.

True but what I realy meant was that some music works better with a video.
Such as a-ha - Take On Me , as that was realsed and got no where until the video came out. Not that it'd be in my top 10 .

My list as said depends on how I feel and sometimes a strong track can take me back to how I felt the first time(s) I heard it.

A few I can think of at the moment

Echo and the bunnymen - The cutter
The Cure - The walk (with a picture of a fly)
Spizz Energi - Wheres Captain Kirk
Bauhaus - Bela Lugosi's Dead
Soft cell - Memorabilia & Martin
Suicide - Frankie Teardrop