DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Router bit - name? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/629851-router-bit-name.html)

polygonum_on_google[_2_] January 23rd 19 11:01 PM

Router bit - name?

I recently noticed some plinths made out of four pieces of 15 or 18 mm MDF, about 300 x 900. Plus an end piece 300 x 300. So they formed a box 900 high and 300 x 300 in cross section.

I didn't take much notice until I had to move one and realised that they were not butted, not mitred, but had some routed edges. The shape meant that the corners meshed into each other and made very neat, straight lines.

Trouble is, I simply cannot think what router bits would do that. They surely must have some nice simple name?

Andy Burns[_13_] January 24th 19 07:53 AM

Router bit - name?

polygonum_on_google wrote:

they were not butted, not mitred, but had some routed edges. The
shape meant that the corners meshed into each other and made very
neat, straight lines.

corner lock mitre?

https://www.axminster.co.uk/axcaliber-mitre-lock-cutter-ax805970

Jim K.. January 24th 19 08:01 AM

Router bit - name?

polygonum_on_google Wrote in message:
I recently noticed some plinths made out of four pieces of 15 or 18 mm MDF, about 300 x 900. Plus an end piece 300 x 300. So they formed a box 900 high and 300 x 300 in cross section.

I didn't take much notice until I had to move one and realised that they were not butted, not mitred, but had some routed edges. The shape meant that the corners meshed into each other and made very neat, straight lines.

Trouble is, I simply cannot think what router bits would do that. They surely must have some nice simple name?

Dovetail?
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Jim K.. January 24th 19 08:21 AM

Router bit - name?

Andy Burns Wrote in message:
polygonum_on_google wrote:

they were not butted, not mitred, but had some routed edges. The
shape meant that the corners meshed into each other and made very
neat, straight lines.

corner lock mitre?

https://www.axminster.co.uk/axcaliber-mitre-lock-cutter-ax805970

Looks good!
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

polygonum_on_google[_2_] January 24th 19 07:08 PM

Router bit - name?

On Thursday, 24 January 2019 07:53:28 UTC, Andy Burns wrote:
polygonum_on_google wrote:

they were not butted, not mitred, but had some routed edges. The
shape meant that the corners meshed into each other and made very
neat, straight lines.

corner lock mitre?

https://www.axminster.co.uk/axcaliber-mitre-lock-cutter-ax805970

Spot on - many thanks. Had wandered round Axminster site and not found that.