Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default radio adverts

I listen to Steve Allan on LBC in the morning......unfortunately I can't
tolerate mindless repeating song type adverts...so I dangle my hand out of
bed and turn them down....Am I breaking the law just like not having a TV
licence ? .....I feel a bit guilty...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
I listen to Steve Allan on LBC in the morning......unfortunately I can't
tolerate mindless repeating song type adverts...so I dangle my hand out of
bed and turn them down....Am I breaking the law just like not having a TV
licence ? .....I feel a bit guilty...

Yes, you need to top yourself immediately.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Well like an ad blocker on a browser, but the problem is not you its the
people making the adverts that apparently do not get the art of how to
advertise without ****ing off the listener.
Point one, get a voice that is liked. point 2 do not pretend to be too
enthusiastic, and definitely no music.
If you are advertising on a talk station it jars.
I'm not sure what to make of Steve allen, he really upset blind people a
few weeks ago, I seem to remember. he gets to survive but when another
presenter goes of on one about babies breast feeding he gets the big boot.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
I listen to Steve Allan on LBC in the morning......unfortunately I can't
tolerate mindless repeating song type adverts...so I dangle my hand out of
bed and turn them down....Am I breaking the law just like not having a TV
licence ? .....I feel a bit guilty...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
Well like an ad blocker on a browser, but the problem is not you its the
people making the adverts that apparently do not get the art of how to
advertise without ****ing off the listener.
Point one, get a voice that is liked. point 2 do not pretend to be too
enthusiastic, and definitely no music.
If you are advertising on a talk station it jars.
I'm not sure what to make of Steve allen, he really upset blind people a
few weeks ago, I seem to remember. he gets to survive but when another
presenter goes of on one about babies breast feeding he gets the big boot.
Brian

he should be able to say whatever he want's .....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
I listen to Steve Allan on LBC in the morning......unfortunately I can't
tolerate mindless repeating song type adverts...so I dangle my hand out
of bed and turn them down....Am I breaking the law just like not having
a TV licence ? .....I feel a bit guilty...

Yes, you need to top yourself immediately.

apres vous

I'm not actually stupid enough to listen to Steve Allan
on LBC or to flagrantly illegally turn those ads down.