Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Magiglow Elite (coal effect real flame) gas fire.

We used this fire and had British Gas issued safety certificate up to mid
2017. Then we needed a new gas boiler in January 2018. After the boiler was
fitted the gas fire didn't work (non-related problem) Recently requested a
company to service the gas fire. I am now told that the chimney is not
suitable to use this fire. It used an open flue (no liner). My question is
this -- has gas safety regulation changed recently?

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...e-1341718-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Cottrell m wrote
in :

We used this fire and had British Gas issued safety certificate up to
mid 2017. Then we needed a new gas boiler in January 2018. After the
boiler was fitted the gas fire didn't work (non-related problem)
Recently requested a company to service the gas fire. I am now told
that the chimney is not suitable to use this fire. It used an open
flue (no liner). My question is this -- has gas safety regulation
changed recently?

Watching with interest.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Gaff" wrote in
:

There does seem to be a push to stop people using inefficient gas
devices and maybe the effect in this one is not really that efficient
as using gas to heat things.
Brian

AS I often feel that the chimney is caused the room to be cold I am looking
for an excuse to change it for a room sealed / balanced flue gas fire.

Coal effect gas fire back DerbyBorn[_4_] UK diy 2 April 19th 13 12:36 AM
coal effect gas fire andyv UK diy 3 March 22nd 09 09:54 PM
International Real Estate Directory -Find Real Estate, Rentals, Real Estate Services, Real Estate Agents and Brokers. MyDirectory Home Repair 0 December 28th 06 08:57 PM
Gas Fire - Fire basket and gas engine or just a simple Valor gas fire? Farouq UK diy 2 March 6th 06 11:04 PM
Flame effect electric fire - recommendations? Malcolm Reeves UK diy 3 January 7th 05 03:30 PM