Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Breeze blocks / concrete blocks

I have a drain of porous, ribbed, very old clay pipes, leading from my septic tank.

A short area (18") has collapsed.

Rather than try and replace the pipes in any way I'm thinking of installing an inspection chamber at the site.

Would this be the best approach?

And what am I looking for?

Drainage Sales have:

450MM INSPECTION CHAMBER COMPLETE SET WITH POLYPROP COVER - FOR 110MM DRAINAGE
CODE: 450MH1

which looks as if it might do the trick. But I have absolutely no experience so any comments would be very welcome.

Keith
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/01/2019 15:22, Keefiedee wrote:
I have a drain of porous, ribbed, very old clay pipes, leading from my septic tank.

A short area (18") has collapsed.

Rather than try and replace the pipes in any way I'm thinking of installing an inspection chamber at the site.

Would this be the best approach?

And what am I looking for?

Drainage Sales have:

450MM INSPECTION CHAMBER COMPLETE SET WITH POLYPROP COVER - FOR 110MM DRAINAGE
CODE: 450MH1

which looks as if it might do the trick. But I have absolutely no experience so any comments would be very welcome.

Keith

It might be difficult to get a proper water seal between old pipes and
the new chamber to the satisfaction of building control officer but I
doubt that you will be showing it off ;-)
Pragmatically, for a outflow pipe it should do fine IMHO
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 20 January 2019 15:33:51 UTC, Bob Minchin wrote:
[...]

I used a short section of plastic from the plastic inspection chamber, then a flexible rubber connector with a large jubilee clip on each each.
Ah, here you go:
https://www.toolstation.com/flexible...-to-pvc/p54240
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/01/2019 15:59, sm_jamieson wrote:
[...]

I was going to suggest that! Maybe don't actually need the inspection
chamber, just a length of plastic and two of those? How far is this from
the nearest inspection point? ISTR I have seen cheap USB drain
inspection cameras with a reasonable "reach".

You might actually get away with a 300 mm chamber. I used one of these
to replace a sort of gulley/standpipe made of clay in my foul drain outfall.

The other thing which can be done for damaged clay drainage pipes is
sleeving with either epoxy or polyester reinforced fibreglass. I had a
four or five foot length done for less than £1k (including pre and post
videos). They use an inflatable balloon to hold the sleeve in place
while it cures.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

newshound Wrote in message:
[...]

Kin'ell, 200 or 250 quid a FOOT?

Priced in comparison with the dig up & relay solution perchance?!
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Wood Filler & Breeze blocks Arthur2 UK diy 4 January 11th 09 11:03 AM
tiling onto breeze blocks 51 UK diy 1 February 22nd 07 08:57 PM
Breeze blocks and No Nails Lawrence Zarb UK diy 4 February 20th 07 06:58 PM
Breeze blocks Jon W UK diy 8 January 5th 05 09:46 AM
Breeze blocks Cicero UK diy 6 March 18th 04 10:15 PM