Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TFL letter

Are they sending out ULEZ letters to everyone in the country, even those
of us with the good sense to never go anywhere near Londonistan?

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 13 January 2019 02:06:18 UTC, Bill Wright wrote:
Are they sending out ULEZ letters to everyone in the country, even those
of us with the good sense to never go anywhere near Londonistan?

Bill

Have had any here in W Midlands.
As you now see, I am a trendsetter.
Far ahead of you lot.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Not sure about that but there seems to be enough, from what people tell me
about it on Twitter and facebook too. I guess nobody can then suggest they
were not aware of it.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Bill Wright" wrote in message
Are they sending out ULEZ letters to everyone in the country, even those
of us with the good sense to never go anywhere near Londonistan?

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I wasn't aware of it before reading this thread. I would guess that the
majority of those living outside London haven't heard of it. When was
this letter Bill was referring to sent out, and who was it sent to?

--

Jeff

On 13/01/19 08:29, Brian Gaff wrote:
Not sure about that but there seems to be enough, from what people tell me
about it on Twitter and facebook too. I guess nobody can then suggest they
were not aware of it.
Brian

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/01/2019 02:06, Bill Wright wrote:
Are they sending out ULEZ letters to everyone in the country, even those
of us with the good sense to never go anywhere near Londonistan?

Sent to your business address? I don't know the details of their
publicity campaign but recall they were urged to do more to tell
businesses about it.

--
Robin

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes of course, they are sending to businesses in the main. Of course I do
not know if it says or not but also they are removing the exception of
private hire vehicles from paying the charges.
This is supposed to reduce traffic. Of course the private hire industry are
not happy, saying they are making the black cab drivers a monopoly.
Brian

--
----- --

"Robin" wrote in message
On 13/01/2019 02:06, Bill Wright wrote:
Are they sending out ULEZ letters to everyone in the country, even those
of us with the good sense to never go anywhere near Londonistan?

Sent to your business address? I don't know the details of their publicity
campaign but recall they were urged to do more to tell businesses about
it.

--
Robin

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/01/2019 09:10, Robin wrote:
On 13/01/2019 02:06, Bill Wright wrote:
Are they sending out ULEZ letters to everyone in the country, even
those of us with the good sense to never go anywhere near Londonistan?

Sent to your business address? I don't know the details of their
publicity campaign but recall they were urged to do more to tell
businesses about it.

No it was sent to a retired schoolteacher who hasn't been to London
since 1965. She has two cars but the letter didn't mention a reg no. or
anything.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/01/2019 02:06, Bill Wright wrote:
Are they sending out ULEZ letters to everyone in the country, even those
of us with the good sense to never go anywhere near Londonistan?

Bill

When ULEZ operates
A daily charge runs from 00:01-midnight. If you drive within the ULEZ
area across two days, for example before midnight and after midnight,
you will be liable to pay two daily charges if your vehicle that doesn't
meet the ULEZ standards.
/q

If you have to pay, it's £12.50 per day. Big incentive to not overstay
the welcome.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 13 Jan 2019 17:34:03 +0000, Richard wrote:

On 13/01/2019 02:06, Bill Wright wrote:
Are they sending out ULEZ letters to everyone in the country, even
those of us with the good sense to never go anywhere near Londonistan?

Bill

When ULEZ operates A daily charge runs from 00:01-midnight. If you drive
within the ULEZ area across two days, for example before midnight and
after midnight, you will be liable to pay two daily charges if your
vehicle that doesn't meet the ULEZ standards.
/q

If you have to pay, it's £12.50 per day. Big incentive to not overstay
the welcome.

Useful to hear this (I didn't get a letter). My son will need to pay (or
his company will) but my car is Euro 6, so OK.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
Not sure about that but there seems to be enough, from what people tell me
about it on Twitter and facebook too. I guess nobody can then suggest they
were not aware of it.

as a non-user of both

if that is their marketing, then I would be unaware of it

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I don't know how you can check your registration number has _not_ been
cloned (unless you have access to the data from all the ANPR systems).
You only find out if it has been cloned when the parking charges,
penalty charges, notices of intended prosecution, police etc start to
arrive.

It may well be that the letter has been sent because the number has been
cloned and picked up by the congestion charge (CC) cameras. TfL have
been writing to the registered keepers of such vehicles to warn them
about the ULEZ. If so it should indicate TfL got the address from DVLA.

On the plus side, that means the driver of the car with the cloned
plates has been paying the CC and may well pay the ULEZ charge. They
may be using the cloned plate to avoid insurance, road tax and MoT; and
as insurance should they need to do a runner.

That said, it'd still be sensible to let TfL et al know - though there's
not much they can do about it. And to put something on the back and
front of the car to distinguish it from the bog standard.

On 14/01/2019 08:47, Brian Gaff wrote:
Well best make sure the cars she has have not had their numbers cloned or
later in the year loads of fines will descend.
Brian

--
Robin