Old January 12th 19, 09:19 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
% % is offline

Default WHY DOESN'T MY SNOWBLOWER BLOW SNOW

..

it used to toss snow 20 or 30 feet ,
now it's maybe 5 feet , the auger turns ,
the impaler goes but still it doesn't blow snow

Old January 12th 19, 10:06 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/01/2019 21:19, % wrote:
.

it used to toss snow 20 or 30 feet ,
now it's maybe 5 feet , the auger turns ,
the impaler goes but still it doesn't blow snow

This is UK and it ain't snowing.
Old January 12th 19, 10:11 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
% % is offline

On 2019-01-12 3:06 p.m., Bob Minchin wrote:
On 12/01/2019 21:19, % wrote:
.

it used to toss snow 20 or 30 feet ,
now it's maybe 5 feet , the auger turns ,
the impaler goes but still it doesn't blow snow

This is UK and it ain't snowing.

show me where someone said anything to the contrary

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/259868...ast-from-east/
Old January 12th 19, 11:22 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 12 Jan 2019 22:06:11 +0000, Bob Minchin wrote:

On 12/01/2019 21:19, % wrote:
.

it used to toss snow 20 or 30 feet ,
now it's maybe 5 feet , the auger turns ,
the impaler goes but still it doesn't blow snow

This is UK and it ain't snowing.

Snow doesn't impale too weel, either. Ice is better.

Old January 13th 19, 12:22 AM posted to uk.d-i-y
% % is offline

On 12/01/2019 21:19, % wrote:
.

it used to toss snow 20 or 30 feet ,
now it's maybe 5 feet , the auger turns ,
the impaler goes but still it doesn't blow snow

This is UK and it ain't snowing.

Snow doesn't impale too weel, either. Ice is better.

i think my post isn't getting read properly ,
like the replyers are not even reading what i said ,
i'm not asking about what snow does ,
i'm asking why my snowblower isn't ,
blowing snow as far as it used to ,
i've tried everything to fix it

Old January 13th 19, 01:22 AM posted to uk.d-i-y
% % is offline

On 12/01/2019 21:19, % wrote:
.

it used to toss snow 20 or 30 feet ,
now it's maybe 5 feet , the auger turns ,
the impaler goes but still it doesn't blow snow
This is UK and it ain't snowing.

Snow doesn't impale too weel, either. Ice is better.

i think my post isn't getting read properly ,
like the replyers are not even reading what i said ,
i'm not asking about what snow does ,
i'm asking why my snowblower isn't ,
blowing snow as far as it used to ,
i've tried everything to fix it

Not enough snow?

no , it's almost to the top of the scoop part say 15 inches ,
and if i gear up or give it too much gas it stalls
Old January 13th 19, 02:01 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

.

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Old January 13th 19, 08:37 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

OK so you want a serious answer?
If its dry snow, snow blowers work well, ie the powdered stuff. It does
have some adaptation for ice as has been eluded to , but wet snow is a bit
like mud against sand. It clumps together and is also a lot heavier and so
is not going to go so far.
If you used to get snow that was dry, and now get snow that is damp then
that is global warming for you. You may need to invest in a shovel as we do
here in the UK as much of the time our snow is wet, and you do not see many
snow blowers about mainly as they don't work very well on wet snow.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
o.uk...

Old January 13th 19, 08:47 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/01/2019 21:19, % wrote:
.

it used to toss snow 20 or 30 feet ,
now it's maybe 5 feet , the auger turns ,
the impaler goes but still it doesn't blow snow
This is UK and it ain't snowing.

Snow doesn't impale too weel, either. Ice is better.

i think my post isn't getting read properly ,
like the replyers are not even reading what i said ,
i'm not asking about what snow does ,
i'm asking why my snowblower isn't ,
blowing snow as far as it used to ,
i've tried everything to fix it

Not enough snow?

no , it's almost to the top of the scoop part say 15 inches ,
and if i gear up or give it too much gas it stalls

Wrong type of snow? If so contact British Rail.