Old January 11th 19, 07:04 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default New apprentice gets off to a flying start

He filled in his new starter form and where it said "Next of kin" he put
"My Mum".

--

Adam

Old January 11th 19, 07:41 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
He filled in his new starter form and where it said "Next of kin" he put
"My Mum".

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

tim

Old January 11th 19, 08:30 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/01/2019 19:04, ARW wrote:
He filled in his new starter form and where it said "Next of kin" he put
"My Mum".

I blame the person who designed the form if it did not specify eg the
first and last _names_ of the NOK.

Anyhow, could have been worse: eg "my Wensleydale".

--
Robin
Old January 11th 19, 09:10 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 11 January 2019 20:30:54 UTC, Robin wrote:
Anyhow, could have been worse: eg "my Wensleydale".

I didn't recognise that as a dog breed.

Then I googled it and found it wasn't.

Owain

Old January 11th 19, 09:20 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Friday, 11 January 2019 20:30:54 UTC, Robin wrote:
Anyhow, could have been worse: eg "my Wensleydale".

I didn't recognise that as a dog breed.

Then I googled it and found it wasn't.

Owain

Obviously he is referring to a cheese.

--

Roger Hayter

Old January 11th 19, 09:34 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 11 January 2019 19:04:11 UTC, ARW wrote:
He filled in his new starter form and where it said "Next of kin" he put
"My Mum".

At least he didn't write "mummy".

Owain

Old January 11th 19, 11:35 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/01/2019 19:04, ARW wrote:
He filled in his new starter form and where it said "Next of kin" he put
"My Mum".

Accurate but imprecise.

--
Max Demian
Old January 12th 19, 07:44 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

Bit of a cheesey reply then.
I hated those forms when you started a job. There was an extremely high
temptation to misinterpret things.

Qualifications always made me laugh as I have no formal ones at all, and
they often simply could not understand why I could do the job better than
their chinless graduate with a million 'ologies' to their name. I tended to
put common sense A in the University of life.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!

Old January 12th 19, 08:27 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/01/2019 21:20, Roger Hayter wrote:
wrote:

On Friday, 11 January 2019 20:30:54 UTC, Robin wrote:
Anyhow, could have been worse: eg "my Wensleydale".

I didn't recognise that as a dog breed.

Then I googled it and found it wasn't.

Owain

Obviously he is referring to a cheese.

Oh no he isn't

--
Robin
Old January 12th 19, 09:47 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 12 January 2019 07:45:06 UTC, Brian Gaff wrote:
I hated those forms when you started a job. There was an extremely high
temptation to misinterpret things.

I filled in one a couple of years ago. It had one line for phone number. I have five, and that is not including a mobile.

There was also no space for including the mandatory "calls cost 5p + access fee" to comply with Ofcom regulations.

Owain