Old January 12th 19, 01:05 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default New apprentice gets off to a flying start

On 11/01/2019 19:41, tim... wrote:

"ARW" wrote in message
He filled in his new starter form and where it said "Next of kin" he
put "My Mum".

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

tim

Doctor, to my daughter: "I see you're going to be 3 soon. When's that
going to be?"
Daughter: "On my birfday."

How old is the apprentice?

Old January 12th 19, 05:08 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 12 January 2019 13:05:52 UTC, GB wrote:
Doctor, to my daughter: "I see you're going to be 3 soon. When's that
going to be?"
Daughter: "On my birfday."

Doctor, to teenage girl: "Big breaths"

Girl: "Yeth, and I'm only fourteen"

Owain

Old January 12th 19, 05:11 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

"GB" wrote in message
On 11/01/2019 19:41, tim... wrote:

"ARW" wrote in message
He filled in his new starter form and where it said "Next of kin" he put
"My Mum".

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

tim

Doctor, to my daughter: "I see you're going to be 3 soon. When's that
going to be?"
Daughter: "On my birfday."

That’s a different effect. Kids that young have no
concept of how far into the future things are. They
do understand the concept of in the future or in
the past but have trouble with tomorrow and next
week, let alone in 4 months time for the birthday.

How old is the apprentice?

Old January 12th 19, 05:47 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 12/01/2019 13:05, GB wrote:
On 11/01/2019 19:41, tim... wrote:

"ARW" wrote in message
He filled in his new starter form and where it said "Next of kin" he
put "My Mum".

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

tim

Doctor, to my daughter: "I see you're going to be 3 soon. When's that
going to be?"
Daughter: "On my birfday."

How old is the apprentice?

Not old enough to vote but old enough have sex.

--
Adam
Old January 12th 19, 10:02 PM posted to uk.d-i-y
TMH TMH is offline

On 12/01/2019 17:08, wrote:
On Saturday, 12 January 2019 13:05:52 UTC, GB wrote:
Doctor, to my daughter: "I see you're going to be 3 soon. When's that
going to be?"
Daughter: "On my birfday."

Doctor, to teenage girl: "Big breaths"

Girl: "Yeth, and I'm only fourteen"

Owain

I think that should be Sithxteen?

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Old January 12th 19, 11:38 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/01/2019 07:44, Brian Gaff wrote:
Bit of a cheesey reply then.
I hated those forms when you started a job. There was an extremely high
temptation to misinterpret things.

Qualifications always made me laugh as I have no formal ones at all, and
they often simply could not understand why I could do the job better than
their chinless graduate with a million 'ologies' to their name. I tended to
put common sense A in the University of life.
Brian

My dad was disappointed that he could not join the IEEE because of lack
of qualifications - he was on a number of (and chairing some) BSI
committees at the time!

SteveW
Old January 13th 19, 09:42 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Steve Walker
wrote:
On 12/01/2019 07:44, Brian Gaff wrote:
Bit of a cheesey reply then. I hated those forms when you started a
job. There was an extremely high temptation to misinterpret things.

Qualifications always made me laugh as I have no formal ones at all,
and they often simply could not understand why I could do the job
better than their chinless graduate with a million 'ologies' to their
name. I tended to put common sense A in the University of life. Brian

My dad was disappointed that he could not join the IEEE because of lack
of qualifications - he was on a number of (and chairing some) BSI
committees at the time!

why would he want to join an American institution?

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Old January 13th 19, 10:14 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 13 January 2019 02:32:29 UTC, FMurtz wrote:
Girl: "Yeth, and I'm only fourteen"

Thixteen

I think nowadays the age has to be reduced to make the joke funnier.

Thixteen year olds probably have two kids now.

Owain