Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 13amp plug with micro usb

What I would like is a through plug, so that I can still connect another
mains device. I find plenty on the net price varying greatly, but non
specify it the 13Amp plug is a "through" one. I hope this makes sense!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Broadback wrote:

What I would like is a through plug, so that I can still connect another
mains device. I find plenty on the net price varying greatly, but non
specify it the 13Amp plug is a "through" one. I hope this makes sense!

First hit on an image search

https://www.energybulldog.com/masterplug-plug-in-charger-with-2-usb-sockets-and-surge-protection.html

Not micro-usb, but just get a USB-A to micro-B cable
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/01/2019 11:26, Andy Burns wrote:
Broadback wrote:

What I would like is a through plug, so that I can still connect
another mains device. I find plenty on the net price varying greatly,
but non specify it the 13Amp plug is a "through" one. I hope this
makes sense!

First hit on an image search

https://www.energybulldog.com/masterplug-plug-in-charger-with-2-usb-sockets-and-surge-protection.html

Not micro-usb, but just get a USB-A to micro-B cable

Sounded good until I attempted to order it. The site will not accept my
email address!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Broadback wrote:

Sounded good until I attempted to order it. The site will not accept my
email address!

Grab it from Amazon?

https://amazon.co.uk/dp/B006AROHDI
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Not really. Are you effectively looking for what we used to call a two way
adaptor with a micro usb charging socket?

Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Broadback" wrote in message
What I would like is a through plug, so that I can still connect another
mains device. I find plenty on the net price varying greatly, but non
specify it the 13Amp plug is a "through" one. I hope this makes sense!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote:

Are you effectively looking for what we used to call a two way
adaptor with a micro usb charging socket?

Sort of, but a one-way adapter.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I got the impression he wanted a piggy back through 13 amp plug socket with
a usb on it from the description. I am sure some of the 2 ways we see now
have a usb charger socket in them but my problem with them has always been
the plugs getting in the way of other things near the socket.
Brian

--
----- --

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
Broadback wrote:

Sounded good until I attempted to order it. The site will not accept my
email address!

Grab it from Amazon?

https://amazon.co.uk/dp/B006AROHDI

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 11/01/2019 15:17, Brian Gaff wrote:
I got the impression he wanted a piggy back through 13 amp plug socket with
a usb on it from the description. I am sure some of the 2 ways we see now
have a usb charger socket in them but my problem with them has always been
the plugs getting in the way of other things near the socket.
Brian

This looks good
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pro-Elec-Ex.../dp/B01FFMITJQ

Or just buy a 2-3 way adapter and plug a standard charger in.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

What I would like is a through plug, so that I can still connect another
mains device. I find plenty on the net price varying greatly, but non
specify it the 13Amp plug is a "through" one. I hope this makes sense!

Are you sure you need *micro* USB socket(s) on the adapter? That's
most unusual.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY NY is offline

"Graham." wrote in message
What I would like is a through plug, so that I can still connect another
mains device. I find plenty on the net price varying greatly, but non
specify it the 13Amp plug is a "through" one. I hope this makes sense!

Are you sure you need *micro* USB socket(s) on the adapter? That's
most unusual.

The normal convention is to use USB-A (large rectangular plug) on the supply
end, and USB-B, or mini, or micro USB on the appliance end. Devices such as
rechargeable batteries use micro for the power input from a mains adaptor
and USB-A for the output to the phone etc, so you always use an A-to-micro
cable, both for charging the battery from the mains and for charging the
phone from the battery (and for charging the phone directly from the mains).
I've never seen an micro-to-micro cable.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Broadback wrote:
What I would like is a through plug, so that I can still connect another
mains device. I find plenty on the net price varying greatly, but non
specify it the 13Amp plug is a "through" one. I hope this makes sense!

www.masterplug.com

2.1A shared across two USB sockets.

Think Wickes stock them.

--
*I got a job at a bakery because I kneaded dough.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Broadback wrote:
What I would like is a through plug, so that I can still connect another
mains device. I find plenty on the net price varying greatly, but non
specify it the 13Amp plug is a "through" one. I hope this makes sense!

www.masterplug.com

2.1A shared across two USB sockets.

Think Wickes stock them.

Many thanks one and all for the pointers.You were correct it was not a
micro socket I needed. Anyway I decided the best way forward was to
replace the double socket with ne with a USB connection, this I have
done. Problem resolved.