Old December 29th 18, 09:07 PM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.electronics,alt.sci.physics

Default Lonely Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Sun, 30 Dec 2018 06:59:14 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

Yeah, you know it all, no microwave designer knows anything.

Yeah, he obviously doesn't yet know that YOU *REALLY REALLY* know it all,
eh, senile Mr Know-it-all? LOL

--
pamela about Rot Speed:
"His off the cuff expertise demonstrates how little he knows..."

Old December 29th 18, 09:08 PM posted to alt.sci.physics,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 30 Dec 2018 06:27:44 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

Is the average person not able to divide by two?

It isnt that simple

It's VERY simple for him to keep baiting you senile idiots with the dumbest
questions ...as often as he wants! LOL

--
Norman Wells addressing senile Rot:
"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
Old December 29th 18, 09:11 PM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.sci.physics,alt.electronics

Default Troll-feeding Senile YANKIETARD Alert!

On Sat, 29 Dec 2018 12:25:05 -0600, Arthur Conan Doyle, another mentally
challenged, troll-feeding senile Yankietard, blathered:

In the US 240v sockets are typically found in the kitchen for use by an electric
range, or in a dedicated laundry room for use by an electric dryer. Sometimes
they can be found in a garage.

Good Lord! Not the SAME **** again! How OFTEN have you retarded senile Yanks
and the troll you like to suck off so much been through with the same ****
over the last year? tsk
Old December 29th 18, 09:15 PM posted to alt.sci.physics,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 30 Dec 2018 06:34:17 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

The waveform has nothing to do with where
the microwaves get absorbed with big lumps
of food like say a leg of lamb etc.

I'd love to put your and his head inside a microwave! Might be the one thing
to make you two prize idiots stop babbling! BG

--
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp addressing Rot Speed:
"You really are a clueless pillock."
Old December 29th 18, 09:16 PM posted to alt.sci.physics,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 30 Dec 2018 06:15:50 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

Another pathetic excuse for a troll.

Good to see that you KEEP reading all my posts (including my sigs). LOL

--
Richard addressing Rot Speed:
MID:

Old December 29th 18, 09:19 PM posted to alt.sci.physics,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 30 Dec 2018 05:16:15 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

Also it is questionable whether higher powered ovens would be
practical for use. Getting warming times down to a couple of
seconds might not be a good idea. More speed is not always better.

Any decent microwave fixes that problem

It those ONLY could fix that problem with your senile head, eh, senile Rot?

Java Jive to senile Rot:
You're getting there, it's clear that you've now reached the level of
"Nyah nyah nanyah nyah!", but surely you can be even more juvenile than
that?
MID:
Old December 29th 18, 09:21 PM posted to alt.sci.physics,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sat, 29 Dec 2018 12:21:45 -0600, Arthur Conan Doyle, another mentally
challenged, troll-feeding senile Yankietard, blathered:

The idea is not to cook the food as its defrosting.

LOL! There is NO bait idiotic enough set out by the Scottish ****** that YOU
will NOT take, eh, senile Yankietard?
Old December 29th 18, 09:23 PM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.electronics,alt.sci.physics

Default Slow microwave ovens

On 12/29/2018 10:16 AM, William Gothberg wrote:
On Sat, 29 Dec 2018 17:38:04 -0000, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Sat, 29 Dec 2018 08:07:42 -0800, Bob F wrote:

On 12/29/2018 6:37 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Saturday, December 29, 2018 at 9:23:42 AM UTC-5, Bill Gill wrote:
On 12/29/2018 7:43 AM, William Gothberg wrote:
Shouldn't we have faster microwaves by now giving out a few kW? They
were invented decades ago.
Higher powered microwaves would require higher powered electric
outlets, probably 220VAC (in the USA).

Also it is questionable whether higher powered ovens would be
practical for use. Getting warming times down to a couple of
seconds might not be a good idea. More speed is not always better.

Bill

+1

That about covers it. Not sure how useful more power would be. For
example,
last night I was thawing out a tomato sauce in a quart plastic
container.
The Panasonic has a defrost mode that uses about 30% power and
cycles that.

It gets the 30% power by cycling the 100% power on 30% of the time.

(By the way, adjusting the level does not actually change the wattage.
It simply means the microwave will pulse on and off at its fixed wattage
until the desired level is reached.)

https://lifehacker.com/5974788/famil...-cooking-a-joy

That was true of the first generation of Microwaves, but the current
"inverter" driver units actually CAN throttle the power. Inverter
microwaves are much better for defrosting AND cooking.

We've had ours for about 2 years now - replacing our original that we
bought in about 1985.

BIG difference (but the old one would likely still be working by the
time this one dies)

Why is it called an invertor? I thought an invertor was a device to
increase the voltage - like running 240V devices off a 12V car battery.

And why on earth would you not want to cook on full power? I've never
had a reason to lower the power from the maximum of 800W. I want the
meal as soon as possible!

There's been a lot of nitpicking in this thread.

All microwaves reduce power by cycling between 0 and 100% power.
The relative power level is the duty factor of that on/off cycle.

Older microwaves switch the INPUT to the power transformer.
That also runs the filament. The time to heat up the filament
is the limiting factor in how short you can make the on-time.
You get a minimum of about 10 seconds on-time.
That minimum time is plenty to make food explode.

Better microwaves are called "Inverter" microwaves.
I believe they're all licensed from Panasonic.
When I bought mine, it seemed that all the licensees had
dried up leaving Panasonic as the only locally available units.

It's my understanding that they heat the filament independently
and can have very short on-times. Duty factor is the same as
the older microwaves, but the on-time can be much shorter.

Foods don't explode on low power like they used to.

Food is not uniform. The effectiveness of microwaves decreases
as the food thickness increases. There's a thermal time constant.
So, if you cook at lower average power for longer time,
you can warm the inside without seriously overcooking the outside
or having local boiling that makes food explode.

The minimum on-time really helps with that. I haven't had food
explode since I got an Inverter microwave. The defrost cycle
really does work well.

They're slightly more expensive, but it's worth it.

Old December 29th 18, 09:26 PM posted to alt.sci.physics,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 30 Dec 2018 06:46:21 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

FLUSH the two prize idiots' endless sick troll**** unread again

--
Another TYPICAL retarded "conversation" between Birdbrain and senile Rot:

Senile Rot: " Did you ever dig a hole to bury your own ****?"

Birdbrain: "I do if there's no flush toilet around."

Senile Rot: "Yeah, I prefer camping like that, off by myself with
no dunnys around and have always buried the ****."

MID:
Old December 29th 18, 09:29 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.sci.physics,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 30 Dec 2018 06:29:48 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

But with some food you get the outer layer cooked
to death because that's where all the microwaves get
absorbed and the inside isnt cooked because there
isnt enough time for the heat to be conducted there.

Just for HOW long can all you idiots here still go on like that? tsk

--
pamela about Rot Speed:
"His off the cuff expertise demonstrates how little he knows..."
MID:

What mostly makes a small engine "wheeze" fast & slow, fast & slow, fast & slow? ultred ragnusen Home Repair 32 February 26th 18 07:29 PM
Slow, slow, slow charlieb Woodturning 5 October 14th 09 04:43 PM
Any microwave ovens available with pop sensors? Doug Warner Home Repair 32 January 4th 06 05:56 PM
Microwave ovens thermal fuse/link/tco Sidney Electronics Repair 2 September 29th 04 05:50 AM