Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.sci.physics,alt.electronics

Default Slow microwave ovens

On 29/12/2018 18:45, William Gothberg wrote:
I'd find that severely limiting.* 2kW hoover, 2kW kettle, breadmaker,
toaster, etc, etc.

Good luck replacing that 2kW hoover if it goes wrong.
I don't think it's legal to sell such a power hungry hoover now.

--

Brian Gregory (in England).
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.sci.physics,alt.electronics

On Sat, 12 Jan 2019 18:11:12 -0000, Brian Gregory wrote:

On 29/12/2018 18:45, William Gothberg wrote:
I'd find that severely limiting. 2kW hoover, 2kW kettle, breadmaker,
toaster, etc, etc.

Good luck replacing that 2kW hoover if it goes wrong.
I don't think it's legal to sell such a power hungry hoover now.

Only because treehugging EU morons try to stop them.

Just think about it for a minute, they're actually trying to cut the amount of power used by something which you have running for about 0.001% of the day. It's as stupid as hosepipe bans, when we all know that 95% of water is consumed by industry, not domestic supplies.

I prefer my hoover to actually do it's job, not take twice as long using half the power, which er.... comes to the same amount of energy! Doh!
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.sci.physics,alt.electronics

Default Troll-feeding Senile IDIOT Alert!

On Sat, 12 Jan 2019 18:11:12 +0000, Brainless Gregory, another mentally
deficient, troll-feeding, senile idiot, babbled

Good luck replacing that 2kW hoover if it goes wrong.
I don't think it's legal to sell such a power hungry hoover now.

....and this troll-feeding senile idiot had to come racing along to revive an
absolutely idiotic thread that has been dead for about two weeks! tsk
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 12 January 2019 18:37:00 UTC, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sat, 12 Jan 2019 18:11:12 -0000, Brian Gregory wrote:
On 29/12/2018 18:45, William Gothberg wrote:

I'd find that severely limiting. 2kW hoover, 2kW kettle, breadmaker,
toaster, etc, etc.

Good luck replacing that 2kW hoover if it goes wrong.
I don't think it's legal to sell such a power hungry hoover now.

Only because treehugging EU morons try to stop them.

Just think about it for a minute, they're actually trying to cut the amount of power used by something which you have running for about 0.001% of the day. It's as stupid as hosepipe bans, when we all know that 95% of water is consumed by industry, not domestic supplies.

I prefer my hoover to actually do it's job, not take twice as long using half the power, which er.... comes to the same amount of energy! Doh!

For once you're right. I got an EU legal 700w Dyson for reasons that had nothing to do with the EU. It's not a patch on the high power Dysons performance wise. Having less suck also means it's prone to block. And yes, it takes longer than a 1400w Dyson.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 13 Jan 2019 02:55:35 -0000, wrote:

[...]

What were the reasons? And why have you withheld them?

It's not a patch on the high power Dysons performance wise. Having less suck also means it's prone to block. And yes, it takes longer than a 1400w Dyson.

The other mistake you made is buying a Dyson. They're British made, which means they fall apart regularly, just like Rovers and Jaguars. I actually have 5 Dysons - people give them away regularly on freecycle with one part broken. Thus I can swap the parts around and get a working one (for about 6 months, then I need to swap more dodgy piece of **** parts). Strangely, there is one British firm which makes things that last - Vax. I have one that's 30 years old and still working perfectly. I'm getting tired of constantly repairing the Dysons and may burn them in an effigy of their twisted in the head designer.

And on the subject of blocking, that's because Dysons are stupidly designed, with daft triangular shaped tubes with sharp right angle bends where lint and stuff gets clogged up. They even admit they're prone to clogging, having so many access points to clear the clogs, with diagrams on the label on the machine - which you need a ****ing screwdriver to open!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 15 Jan 2019 00:31:09 +0000, Commander Kinsey wrote:

It's not a patch on the high power Dysons performance wise. Having less
suck also means it's prone to block. And yes, it takes longer than a
1400w Dyson.

The other mistake you made is buying a Dyson. They're British made,
which means they fall apart regularly, just like Rovers and Jaguars.

How do you account for Numatic, then? (Henry, George...)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 1/14/2019 8:04 PM, Bob Eager wrote:
On Tue, 15 Jan 2019 00:31:09 +0000, Commander Kinsey wrote:

It's not a patch on the high power Dysons performance wise. Having less
suck also means it's prone to block. And yes, it takes longer than a
1400w Dyson.

The other mistake you made is buying a Dyson. They're British made,
which means they fall apart regularly, just like Rovers and Jaguars.

How do you account for Numatic, then? (Henry, George...)

(piggy-backing here, as I don't see his posts unless someone responds to
them)

I believe that Dysons are no longer British-made...
Although - I still have a British-made DC-02, bought about 21 years ago,
and it's still working well. I have replaced the belt once or twice.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15 Jan 2019 01:04:20 GMT, Bob Eager, another mentally deficient
troll-feeding senile idiot, driveled:

How do you account for Numatic, then? (Henry, George...)

How do you account for the fact that you can't recognize a troll when he's
there? G
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 15 Jan 2019 01:04:20 -0000, Bob Eager wrote:

On Tue, 15 Jan 2019 00:31:09 +0000, Commander Kinsey wrote:

It's not a patch on the high power Dysons performance wise. Having less
suck also means it's prone to block. And yes, it takes longer than a
1400w Dyson.

The other mistake you made is buying a Dyson. They're British made,
which means they fall apart regularly, just like Rovers and Jaguars.

How do you account for Numatic, then? (Henry, George...)

Probably made in Japan.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 15 Jan 2019 01:19:38 -0000, S Viemeister wrote:

On 1/14/2019 8:04 PM, Bob Eager wrote:
On Tue, 15 Jan 2019 00:31:09 +0000, Commander Kinsey wrote:

It's not a patch on the high power Dysons performance wise. Having less
suck also means it's prone to block. And yes, it takes longer than a
1400w Dyson.

The other mistake you made is buying a Dyson. They're British made,
which means they fall apart regularly, just like Rovers and Jaguars.

How do you account for Numatic, then? (Henry, George...)

(piggy-backing here, as I don't see his posts unless someone responds to
them)

So your killfile doesn't work properly then.

I believe that Dysons are no longer British-made...

Maybe they learned their lesson when 50% of them got sent back under warranty....

Although - I still have a British-made DC-02, bought about 21 years ago,
and it's still working well. I have replaced the belt once or twice.

Oh dear. A vacuum is a simple device that shouldn't break twice in 20 years.

Hang on, BELT?! Your vacuum is held together with a rubber band?!
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.electronics,alt.sci.physics

Commander Kinsey wrote on 3/01/2019 3:51 AM:
On Wed, 02 Jan 2019 16:43:20 -0000, trader_4
wrote:

Snip

IDK what kind of crap you have over there, but here, in the USA,
frozen pizza is not cooked. The crust is dough that needs to be
baked, the cheese needs to be melted, etc. I suspect, as usual
from past experience, you're full of **** and pizza in the UK is
similar. And the vast majority of pizza COOKING instructions say
to put it in a regular oven, not a microwave. For obvious
reasons.

No, it's pre-cooked, why would I buy a pre-made pizza and still have
to do the work myself? If I wanted a home made pizza, I'd start from
scratch.
https://groceries.asda.com/product/t...a/910000479897

Gee, you've got to read the small print, don't you??

That ad for a pizza quotes "Each (ovenbaked) 1/2 pizza contains" and
cites assorted Energy/Fats/Saturates/Sugars/Salt ratings.

Note "1/2 pizza", relying on us sharing it with our nearest and dearest!!

Here in Australia, you can pick up these pre-cooked pizza from your
local Supermarkets, but they can taste a bit bland/cardboardy. Or you
can pick-up/Home delivered from your favourite local Pizzeria. Or you
buy the makings and prepare your own ... even buying your very own Pizza
Oven ... if you're that determined!!

--
Daniel
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.electronics,alt.sci.physics

On 02/01/2019 16:51:07, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Wed, 02 Jan 2019 16:43:20 -0000, trader_4 wrote:

On Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 10:58:16 AM UTC-5, Commander Kinsey
wrote:
On Wed, 02 Jan 2019 13:26:42 -0000, trader_4
wrote:

On Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at 6:26:03 AM UTC-5,
wrote:
On Tuesday, January 1, 2019 at 3:58:10 PM UTC-5, Commander Kinsey
wrote:
On Tue, 01 Jan 2019 13:00:40 -0000,
wrote:

On Monday, December 31, 2018 at 5:39:43 PM UTC-5, Commander
Kinsey wrote:
On Mon, 31 Dec 2018 11:34:40 -0000,
wrote:

On Sunday, December 30, 2018 at 3:24:35 PM UTC-5, William
Gothberg wrote:
On Sun, 30 Dec 2018 20:20:18 -0000, trader_4
wrote:

On Sunday, December 30, 2018 at 12:16:27 PM UTC-5,
William Gothberg wrote:
On Sun, 30 Dec 2018 10:21:46 -0000, Max Demian
wrote:

On 30/12/2018 03:18, Bill Wright wrote:
On 29/12/2018 17:35, William Gothberg wrote:
On Sat, 29 Dec 2018 17:15:05 -0000, Bill Wright
wrote:

On 29/12/2018 16:27, William Gothberg wrote:

It can take 5 minutes to warm something from
frozen to eating
temperature.* I see no reason that couldn't be
made into 2 minutes.

Conduction

Which would be way faster if the water content the
microwaves were
hitting was heated hotter.

But the difference in temp between the outside and
the inside of the
food would be greater and this could result in food
that was both over-
and under-cooked. This is why microwave ovens have
low settings, so food
can cook slowly and evenly. Anyone who uses a
microwave a lot will be
well aware of this. For items where convection can
assist conduction
higher power can be fine, but not for large solid
lumps of food.

I can't say many things I cook have large solid lumps.
All ready meals are pretty much fluid, so convection and conduction
can take place, and almost everything I cook is a dish of something
which is only 2 inches deep.

I don't know what the low settings are for. All the
instructions I've
seen - e.g. on ready meals - say "full power". There
is the defrost
setting, but microwaves aren't very good at
defrosting as they don't
heat frozen water very well.

Mine thaws a frozen (already cooked) pizza extremely
well, on full power.* It turns a -20C pizza into a +40C pizza in 4
minutes.

Only a moron would cook a pizza in a microwave.

No, anyone who wants it ready more quickly.* I buy the
frozen pizza in the supermarket, place it in the microwave, then I
can eat it in 4 minutes.

Why would you think pizzas shouldn't go in microwaves?!
Every foodstuff can be cooked in a microwave.

Because some of us are more interested in good results than
in speed.

When I want pizza, I make the crust from scratch, wait for
it to rise,
shape it, top it, and bake it at 550 F.

And your stomach is happy to wait?!

Sure.* I plan ahead, and the pizza is ready when my stomach is.

When I see food, I get hungry, it's a natural instinct.
Therefore I cannot prepare food without consuming half the
ingredients during the cooking operation.

Like a child.

If I want something fast, I have scrambled eggs.

I always want something fast, therefore I cook EVERYTHING in a
microwave.* Even things that say you have to use an oven, I ignore it
and use the microwave, funnily enough it tastes nice and is edible.

You have an undeveloped palate.* Ready meals taste "nice" because
they
hit your evolutionary preferences for fat, salt, and sugar.* The
manufacturers do that deliberately so you won't notice how truly
wretched the underlying taste is.

Cindy Hamilton

It's still mostly wretched compared to real cooked food that you
prepare
yourself.* The idea that a pizza cooked in a microwave is
representative
of good pizza is absurd.* The vast majority of the commercial
frozen pizzas
that I've seen do not say that they should be or can be cooked in a
microwave.

They're ALREADY cooked, you're reheating them.* A microwave is
perfectly capable of this.* Even if you were actually cooking them,
it's easy enough to change the power level accordingly.* But there's
no reason to reduce the maximum power available.* When you just want
to heat something rapidly, you need as much power as possible.

There are a few small pizzas designed for a microwave and they
have to play tricks, like have a piece of metalized cardboard to
try to
crisp up the bottom.* It doesn't work well and the one I tried was
also
among the crappiest pizzas for other reasons too.

Again, it's ALREADY cooked and crisped.* If you were actually cooking
it, you can turn the grill or oven function on on your microwave
simultaneously.

IDK what kind of crap you have over there, but here, in the USA, frozen
pizza is not cooked.* The crust is dough that needs to be baked,
the cheese needs to be melted, etc.* I suspect, as usual from past
experience, you're full of **** and pizza in the UK is similar.* And
the vast majority of pizza COOKING instructions say to put it in a
regular oven, not a microwave.* For obvious reasons.

No, it's pre-cooked, why would I buy a pre-made pizza and still have to
do the work myself?* If I wanted a home made pizza, I'd start from scratch.
https://groceries.asda.com/product/t...a/910000479897

No wonder you don't have a job. The cooking instructions in your link
are to oven cook from frozen. None are given for a microwave. You are
utterly brainless.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.electronics,alt.sci.physics

wrote:

[...]

No, an utterly brainless person would think "I can't microwave that". The pizza is ALREADY COOKED. All I do is warm it up to the desired eating temperature.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.electronics,alt.sci.physics

wrote:

[...]

Only an utterly brainless person who has never cooked pizza before would
say that.

How old are? Can you read cooking instructions?

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.electronics,alt.sci.physics

wrote:

[...]

I tried to explain that to the birdbrain weeks ago. Same thing here in the
USA. Frozen pizzas are not cooked, the vast majority rely on baking them in a regular
oven. The crust is not baked, the cheese is not melted. Most of the toppings
are already cooked, eg pepperoni, sausage. And the few small pizzas that
are made to be microwaved have a special metalized box to try to crisp
up the crust. It doesn't work very well and they are inferior to the
other frozen pizzas. The other 95% of the frozen
pizzas have instructions to use a conventional oven. If you tried a
microwave, instead of a brown, at least partially crispy crust, you;ll
get a soggy, steamed mess.

Why do you continue to remove the newsgroups from the crosspost? Is this your first time on the internet? What do you think will happen when you post that comment? Think of the people who are in one of the groups other than alt.home.repair. They won't see it. You're wasting your time. You're splitting the conversation into several sections and making a thorough mess. Go read "Dummies Guide to the Internet".
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.electronics,alt.sci.physics

wrote:

[...]

What part of "ALREADY COOKED" didn't you understand?
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.electronics,alt.sci.physics

wrote:

[...]

The link you gave does not say already cooked. Are you illiterate?

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.electronics,alt.sci.physics

wrote:

[...]

You're the troll here. I can see I crosspost to 4 groups.

You must be new here or a troll if you are unaware excessive
crossposting is against netiquette. I suspect you are too illiterate to
read any book for dummies.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.electronics,alt.sci.physics

wrote:

[...]

I've got one in front of me, it's cooked.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.electronics,alt.sci.physics

wrote:

[...]

It would seem you are. The first line, the nutrition part, says "Each (ovenbaked) 1/2 pizza contains". Look at the word in brackets. OVENBAKED. That means it's ALREADY BAKED.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.electronics,alt.sci.physics

wrote:

[...]

If crossposting was wrong it wouldn't be available dumbass.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.electronics,alt.sci.physics

news

wrote:

[...]

It actually means that that's the nutritional breakdown
AFTER it has been oven baked by the purchaser.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.electronics,alt.sci.physics

wrote:

[...]

But you never say Trader4's post that he is replying to
because his system strips the newsgroups back to just one.

You must be new here or a troll if you are unaware excessive crossposting
is against netiquette.

Nothing excessive about 4.

I suspect you are too illiterate to read any book for dummies.

That's a pathetic excuse for a troll.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.electronics,alt.sci.physics

wrote:

[...]

Well I eat them a few times a week, and they're certainly cooked after microwaving. Anything can go in a microwave, don't believe the **** on the label.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.electronics,alt.sci.physics

On Mon, 21 Jan 2019 17:14:35 +0000, Fredxx, another mentally challenged,
troll-feeding, senile idiot, blathered:

What part of "ALREADY COOKED" didn't you understand?

The link you gave does not say already cooked. Are you illiterate?

Did he successfully bait you with a link, troll-feeding senile idiot? LOL
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 21 January 2019 17:17:09 UTC, Fredxx wrote:
On 21/01/2019 16:04:23, Commander Kinsey wrote:

You're the troll here.

was that not obvious from the first post?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 21 Jan 2019 20:28:38 -0000, wrote:

On Monday, 21 January 2019 17:17:09 UTC, Fredxx wrote:
On 21/01/2019 16:04:23, Commander Kinsey wrote:

You're the troll here.

was that not obvious from the first post?

There's actually no such thing as a troll, only people whose opinion differs from the majority.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.electronics,alt.sci.physics

Default Lonely Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Tue, 22 Jan 2019 06:05:27 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

That's a pathetic excuse for a troll.

Pleased to see that you religiously KEEP reading all my posts, including
their sigs, senile Rot! VBG

--
Richard addressing Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.electronics,alt.sci.physics

Default More Heavy Trolling by Senile Nym-Shifting Rot Speed

On Tue, 22 Jan 2019 05:52:48 +1100, Steven, better known as cantankerous
trolling senile geezer Rot Speed, wrote:

It would seem you are. The first line, the nutrition part, says "Each
(ovenbaked) 1/2 pizza contains". Look at the word in brackets.
OVENBAKED. That means it's ALREADY BAKED.

It actually means that that's the nutritional breakdown
AFTER it has been oven baked by the purchaser.

Afraid that you got killfiled again, you abnormal disgusting nym-shifting
senile Ozzie cretin? BG

--
Norman Wells addressing senile Rot:
"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.electronics,alt.sci.physics

wrote:

[...]

I just ain't that fussy. I eat for energy.

What mostly makes a small engine "wheeze" fast & slow, fast & slow, fast & slow? ultred ragnusen Home Repair 32 February 26th 18 08:29 PM
Slow, slow, slow charlieb Woodturning 5 October 14th 09 05:43 PM
Any microwave ovens available with pop sensors? Doug Warner Home Repair 32 January 4th 06 06:56 PM
Microwave ovens thermal fuse/link/tco Sidney Electronics Repair 2 September 29th 04 06:50 AM