Old January 12th 19, 06:11 PM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.sci.physics,alt.electronics

Default Slow microwave ovens

On 29/12/2018 18:45, William Gothberg wrote:
I'd find that severely limiting.* 2kW hoover, 2kW kettle, breadmaker,
toaster, etc, etc.

Good luck replacing that 2kW hoover if it goes wrong.
I don't think it's legal to sell such a power hungry hoover now.

--

Brian Gregory (in England).

Old January 12th 19, 06:37 PM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.sci.physics,alt.electronics

On Sat, 12 Jan 2019 18:11:12 -0000, Brian Gregory wrote:

On 29/12/2018 18:45, William Gothberg wrote:
I'd find that severely limiting. 2kW hoover, 2kW kettle, breadmaker,
toaster, etc, etc.

Good luck replacing that 2kW hoover if it goes wrong.
I don't think it's legal to sell such a power hungry hoover now.

Only because treehugging EU morons try to stop them.

Just think about it for a minute, they're actually trying to cut the amount of power used by something which you have running for about 0.001% of the day. It's as stupid as hosepipe bans, when we all know that 95% of water is consumed by industry, not domestic supplies.

I prefer my hoover to actually do it's job, not take twice as long using half the power, which er.... comes to the same amount of energy! Doh!
Old January 12th 19, 08:33 PM posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.sci.physics,alt.electronics

Default Troll-feeding Senile IDIOT Alert!

On Sat, 12 Jan 2019 18:11:12 +0000, Brainless Gregory, another mentally
deficient, troll-feeding, senile idiot, babbled

Good luck replacing that 2kW hoover if it goes wrong.
I don't think it's legal to sell such a power hungry hoover now.

....and this troll-feeding senile idiot had to come racing along to revive an
absolutely idiotic thread that has been dead for about two weeks! tsk
Old January 13th 19, 02:55 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 12 January 2019 18:37:00 UTC, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sat, 12 Jan 2019 18:11:12 -0000, Brian Gregory wrote:
On 29/12/2018 18:45, William Gothberg wrote:

I'd find that severely limiting. 2kW hoover, 2kW kettle, breadmaker,
toaster, etc, etc.

Good luck replacing that 2kW hoover if it goes wrong.
I don't think it's legal to sell such a power hungry hoover now.

Only because treehugging EU morons try to stop them.

Just think about it for a minute, they're actually trying to cut the amount of power used by something which you have running for about 0.001% of the day. It's as stupid as hosepipe bans, when we all know that 95% of water is consumed by industry, not domestic supplies.

I prefer my hoover to actually do it's job, not take twice as long using half the power, which er.... comes to the same amount of energy! Doh!

For once you're right. I got an EU legal 700w Dyson for reasons that had nothing to do with the EU. It's not a patch on the high power Dysons performance wise. Having less suck also means it's prone to block. And yes, it takes longer than a 1400w Dyson.

NT
Old January 13th 19, 10:03 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 12 Jan 2019 18:55:35 -0800 (PST), , an especially
retarded, troll-feeding, senile idiot, blathered:

performance wise. Having less suck also means it's prone to block. And
yes, it takes longer than a 1400w Dyson.

OTOH, your suck on the Scottish ******'s cock always has the same power,
senile troll-feeding idiot!

Old January 15th 19, 12:31 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 13 Jan 2019 02:55:35 -0000, wrote:

[...]

What were the reasons? And why have you withheld them?

It's not a patch on the high power Dysons performance wise. Having less suck also means it's prone to block. And yes, it takes longer than a 1400w Dyson.

The other mistake you made is buying a Dyson. They're British made, which means they fall apart regularly, just like Rovers and Jaguars. I actually have 5 Dysons - people give them away regularly on freecycle with one part broken. Thus I can swap the parts around and get a working one (for about 6 months, then I need to swap more dodgy piece of **** parts). Strangely, there is one British firm which makes things that last - Vax. I have one that's 30 years old and still working perfectly. I'm getting tired of constantly repairing the Dysons and may burn them in an effigy of their twisted in the head designer.

And on the subject of blocking, that's because Dysons are stupidly designed, with daft triangular shaped tubes with sharp right angle bends where lint and stuff gets clogged up. They even admit they're prone to clogging, having so many access points to clear the clogs, with diagrams on the label on the machine - which you need a ****ing screwdriver to open!
Old January 15th 19, 01:04 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 15 Jan 2019 00:31:09 +0000, Commander Kinsey wrote:

It's not a patch on the high power Dysons performance wise. Having less
suck also means it's prone to block. And yes, it takes longer than a
1400w Dyson.

The other mistake you made is buying a Dyson. They're British made,
which means they fall apart regularly, just like Rovers and Jaguars.

How do you account for Numatic, then? (Henry, George...)

Old January 15th 19, 01:19 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 1/14/2019 8:04 PM, Bob Eager wrote:
On Tue, 15 Jan 2019 00:31:09 +0000, Commander Kinsey wrote:

It's not a patch on the high power Dysons performance wise. Having less
suck also means it's prone to block. And yes, it takes longer than a
1400w Dyson.

The other mistake you made is buying a Dyson. They're British made,
which means they fall apart regularly, just like Rovers and Jaguars.

How do you account for Numatic, then? (Henry, George...)

(piggy-backing here, as I don't see his posts unless someone responds to
them)

I believe that Dysons are no longer British-made...
Although - I still have a British-made DC-02, bought about 21 years ago,
and it's still working well. I have replaced the belt once or twice.

Old January 15th 19, 10:33 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15 Jan 2019 01:04:20 GMT, Bob Eager, another mentally deficient
troll-feeding senile idiot, driveled:

How do you account for Numatic, then? (Henry, George...)

How do you account for the fact that you can't recognize a troll when he's
there? G
Old January 16th 19, 06:26 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 15 Jan 2019 01:04:20 -0000, Bob Eager wrote:

On Tue, 15 Jan 2019 00:31:09 +0000, Commander Kinsey wrote:

It's not a patch on the high power Dysons performance wise. Having less
suck also means it's prone to block. And yes, it takes longer than a
1400w Dyson.

The other mistake you made is buying a Dyson. They're British made,
which means they fall apart regularly, just like Rovers and Jaguars.

How do you account for Numatic, then? (Henry, George...)

Probably made in Japan.

What mostly makes a small engine "wheeze" fast & slow, fast & slow, fast & slow? ultred ragnusen Home Repair 32 February 26th 18 07:29 PM
Slow, slow, slow charlieb Woodturning 5 October 14th 09 04:43 PM
Any microwave ovens available with pop sensors? Doug Warner Home Repair 32 January 4th 06 05:56 PM
Microwave ovens thermal fuse/link/tco Sidney Electronics Repair 2 September 29th 04 05:50 AM