Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Does anyone repair Bosch dishwasher timers?

The rotary timer in our Bosch dishwasher stops half way through the
programme. If left it simply carries on washing, and washing and washing!
Clicking it on gets things moving for a while only for it to stop again
during rinsing.

Does anyone repair these programmers? A new one is over sixty quid!

Mike
Posted to uk.d-i-y
% % is offline

On 2018-12-27 5:54 a.m., Muddymike wrote:
The rotary timer in our Bosch dishwasher stops half way through the
programme. If left it simply carries on washing, and washing and washing!
Clicking it on gets things moving for a while only for it to stop again
during rinsing.

Does anyone repair these programmers? A new one is over sixty quid!

Mike

it's not worth repairing , get a new timer , better , a new machine
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Muddymike wrote:

Does anyone repair these programmers? A new one is over sixty quid!

How long would you expect a repair to take? compare that rate to
plumbers, garage mechanics, electricians charge-out rates ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 27 Dec 2018 12:54:32 +0000, Muddymike
wrote:

The rotary timer in our Bosch dishwasher stops half way through the
programme. If left it simply carries on washing, and washing and washing!
Clicking it on gets things moving for a while only for it to stop again
during rinsing.

Does anyone repair these programmers? A new one is over sixty quid!

Are you sure it's broken and not waiting for a sensor input it's not
getting?

I can't think what mind, if it was a water level it wasn't getting
(often air pressure) I'd assume it would carry on filling and flood
(but relevant for wash and rinse)?

It wouldn't be temperature as I'm guessing it would rinse cold and not
(out of) balance either as that might only be for spin.

I took Mums very old washing machine to bits the other day and that
had a mechanical timer and was still working fine (but the ally tub
back panel was corroding away). I wouldn't want to design / make one
for 60 quid! ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Could be right there. Different make, but thermostat problem stopping
progress:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUNoKJ8g7SY

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2018-12-27 5:54 a.m., Muddymike wrote:
The rotary timer in our Bosch dishwasher stops half way through the
programme. If left it simply carries on washing, and washing and washing!
Clicking it on gets things moving for a while only for it to stop
again during rinsing.

Does anyone repair these programmers? A new one is over sixty quid!

Mike

it's not worth repairing , get a new timer , better , a new machine

This is a DIY list. We fix things :-)

Mike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Interesting. Ill explore that before ordering a new machine.

Mike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

The usual cause for stalling is it waiting for some condition to be met before moving on, and the condition either isn't being met or the relevant sensor isn't sensing it. Service manuals come with timing diagrams so you can see what it's waiting for. The 2 likely candidates when stuck in washing mode are temperature & water level. Increasing temp as it goes thru the program is normal, though today's machines tend to only sense one temp & use open loop timing to do the rest. Water level is often icnreased before emptying as a semi-rinse.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/12/2018 12:54, Muddymike wrote:
The rotary timer in our Bosch dishwasher stops half way through the
programme. If left it simply carries on washing, and washing and washing!
Clicking it on gets things moving for a while only for it to stop again
during rinsing.

Does anyone repair these programmers? A new one is over sixty quid!

Mike

Excellent help at
https://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/forum...her-help-forum

Posted to uk.d-i-y
% % is offline

On 2018-12-27 5:54 a.m., Muddymike wrote:
The rotary timer in our Bosch dishwasher stops half way through the
programme. If left it simply carries on washing, and washing and
washing!
Clicking it on gets things moving for a while only for it to stop
again during rinsing.

Does anyone repair these programmers? A new one is over sixty quid!

Mike

it's not worth repairing , get a new timer , better , a new machine

This is a DIY list. We fix things :-)

Mike

what i said would fix it
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

The rotary timer in our Bosch dishwasher stops half way through the
programme. If left it simply carries on washing, and washing and washing!
Clicking it on gets things moving for a while only for it to stop again
during rinsing.

Does anyone repair these programmers? A new one is over sixty quid!

Are you sure it's broken and not waiting for a sensor input it's not
getting?

I can't think what mind, if it was a water level it wasn't getting
(often air pressure) I'd assume it would carry on filling and flood
(but relevant for wash and rinse)?

It wouldn't be temperature as I'm guessing it would rinse cold and not
(out of) balance either as that might only be for spin.

He's talking about a dishwasher, not a washing machine.
Dishwashers have no spin and do a very hot rinse as part
of the drying cycle so the contents are hot for drying.

I took Mums very old washing machine to bits the other day and that
had a mechanical timer and was still working fine (but the ally tub
back panel was corroding away). I wouldn't want to design / make one
for 60 quid! ;-(

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 28 Dec 2018 04:55:26 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

The rotary timer in our Bosch dishwasher stops half way through the
programme. If left it simply carries on washing, and washing and washing!
Clicking it on gets things moving for a while only for it to stop again
during rinsing.

Does anyone repair these programmers? A new one is over sixty quid!

Are you sure it's broken and not waiting for a sensor input it's not
getting?

I can't think what mind, if it was a water level it wasn't getting
(often air pressure) I'd assume it would carry on filling and flood
(but relevant for wash and rinse)?

It wouldn't be temperature as I'm guessing it would rinse cold and not
(out of) balance either as that might only be for spin.

He's talking about a dishwasher, not a washing machine.

You are right. My bad.

However, the spirit of my reply still stands (especially in a d-i-y
group). ;-)

snip

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Understanding the "logic" is so important and is a skill not posessed by
many service technicians - or rather- new circuit board fitters.