Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Problem connecting 2 phones to the same BT line

I have had a BT2700 and a Mybelle 360 connected successfully for some
time. Now I wish to have a Bluetooth enabled phone so have purchased a
Amplidect 400BT to replace the Mybelle. I seems they do not like each
other. when both are connected the BT 2700 refuses to answer calls, or
indeed ring. what, if anything, am I doing wrong? I thought one solution
may be to purchase additional handsets for the Amplidect, however I
cannot find them anywhere! :-((
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Maybe you need to get the ringing current checked on the line.
On the other hand most amplified phones now use psus not take power from
the line as they used to.I suspect the telecom companies got wise to this
free power ruse and limited it.
I'm sure you can get repeaters though that will allow many phones on one
line.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Broadback" wrote in message
news
I have had a BT2700 and a Mybelle 360 connected successfully for some time.
Now I wish to have a Bluetooth enabled phone so have purchased a Amplidect
400BT to replace the Mybelle. I seems they do not like each other. when
both are connected the BT 2700 refuses to answer calls, or indeed ring.
what, if anything, am I doing wrong? I thought one solution may be to
purchase additional handsets for the Amplidect, however I cannot find them
anywhere! :-((

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 26/12/2018 10:59, Broadback wrote:
I have had a BT2700 and a Mybelle 360 connected successfully for some
time. Now I wish to have a Bluetooth enabled phone so have purchased a
Amplidect 400BT to replace the Mybelle. I seems they do not like each
other. when both are connected the BT 2700 refuses to answer calls, or
indeed ring. what, if anything, am I doing wrong? I thought one solution
may be to purchase additional handsets for the Amplidect, however I
cannot find them anywhere! :-((

Too many telephone master points?

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 26 December 2018 10:59:09 UTC, Broadback wrote:
I have had a BT2700 and a Mybelle 360 connected successfully for some
time. Now I wish to have a Bluetooth enabled phone so have purchased a
Amplidect 400BT to replace the Mybelle. I seems they do not like each
other. when both are connected the BT 2700 refuses to answer calls, or
indeed ring.

Check the cord and socket wiring. If pairs are transposed or shorted, the Amplidect may be running on 2 wires, but the BT2700 need the third bell wire for ringing.

Try separate master sockets/ADSL filters on the BT2700 to recreate the 3rd wire ringing signal.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

on 26/12/2018, Broadback supposed :
I have had a BT2700 and a Mybelle 360 connected successfully for some time.
Now I wish to have a Bluetooth enabled phone so have purchased a Amplidect
400BT to replace the Mybelle. I seems they do not like each other. when both
are connected the BT 2700 refuses to answer calls, or indeed ring. what, if
anything, am I doing wrong? I thought one solution may be to purchase
additional handsets for the Amplidect, however I cannot find them anywhere!
:-(

Both distinct phone sets, need to be set to use one single common base
unit, rather than the two separate ones I assume you are using now.

The one(s) not working with their intended base, might be rather
restricted in their facilities, but should do the basic functions.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I have had a BT2700 and a Mybelle 360 connected successfully for some
time. Now I wish to have a Bluetooth enabled phone so have purchased a
Amplidect 400BT to replace the Mybelle. I seems they do not like each
other. when both are connected the BT 2700 refuses to answer calls, or
indeed ring. what, if anything, am I doing wrong? I thought one solution
may be to purchase additional handsets for the Amplidect, however I
cannot find them anywhere! :-((

As Harry says, you should be able to register the Mybelle handsets to
the Ampdect base, or vice versa, up to a total of six, and at least
get basic GAP functionality, which may be all you need

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I have had a BT2700 and a Mybelle 360 connected successfully for some
time. Now I wish to have a Bluetooth enabled phone so have purchased a
Amplidect 400BT to replace the Mybelle. I seems they do not like each
other. when both are connected the BT 2700 refuses to answer calls, or
indeed ring. what, if anything, am I doing wrong? I thought one solution
may be to purchase additional handsets for the Amplidect, however I
cannot find them anywhere! :-((

As Harry says, you should be able to register the Mybelle handsets to
the Ampdect base, or vice versa, up to a total of six, and at least
get basic GAP functionality, which may be all you need

Seems the Mybelle is a novelty wired phone, and the 2700 is the other
basestation, but my suggestion still stands.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/12/2018 23:45, Graham. wrote:
I have had a BT2700 and a Mybelle 360 connected successfully for some
time. Now I wish to have a Bluetooth enabled phone so have purchased a
Amplidect 400BT to replace the Mybelle. I seems they do not like each
other. when both are connected the BT 2700 refuses to answer calls, or
indeed ring. what, if anything, am I doing wrong? I thought one solution
may be to purchase additional handsets for the Amplidect, however I
cannot find them anywhere! :-((

As Harry says, you should be able to register the Mybelle handsets to
the Ampdect base, or vice versa, up to a total of six, and at least
get basic GAP functionality, which may be all you need

Seems the Mybelle is a novelty wired phone, and the 2700 is the other
basestation, but my suggestion still stands.

Thank you all for your useful suggestions. I have now rewired the
sockets connecting the bell wire. It now works great deal better. I can
answer calls on both the BT and the Amplidect phones, also make calls.
The one remaining problem is that if I answer on the BT phone the
Amplidect stays connected and ringing.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 27 December 2018 13:00:27 UTC, Broadback wrote:
Thank you all for your useful suggestions. I have now rewired the
sockets connecting the bell wire. It now works great deal better. I can
answer calls on both the BT and the Amplidect phones, also make calls.
The one remaining problem is that if I answer on the BT phone the
Amplidect stays connected and ringing.

That also suggests a cord/wiring fault. With some phones they will sense a DC voltage on the ringing wire and treat it as a ringing signal.

Check the wiring is not reversed 2345 - 5432 anywhere, bearing in mind some extension sockets are numbered the opposite way to BT sockets (which are traditionally numbered the opposite way to the plug!).

It's also possible if you have two master sockets reversed that the out-of-service resistor on one might be bleeding enough voltage through to the ring wire on the other for this to happen.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 27 December 2018 17:11:22 UTC, Broadback wrote:
Check the wiring is not reversed 2345 - 5432 anywhere,

Sorry I did not understand that. :-((

See here

http://www.wppltd.demon.co.uk/WPP/Wi...telephone.html

But the moral remains - I think you still have a wiring fault somewhere and it may be on the fixed wiring or on the phone line cords.

Owain