Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Stopcock

On 18/12/2018 00:37, alan_m wrote:
On 16/12/2018 21:14, alan_m wrote:

The only reservation I have is that it doesn't shut the water off
until there is a large enough differential in pressure between input
and output. I turn the valve off at the switch and then open the tap
and for a fraction of a second water comes out of the tap at mains
pressure and then the valve cuts in. If the tap was just open a tiny
bit and was dribbling at the time that the switch was turned to off
the tap would continue to dribble forever.Â* So just hitting the switch
alone will not possible cut off the water to a small leak. The switch
needs to be switched to off and a tap need to be turned fully on to
force the valve to fully close.
However Surestop now claim no dripping taps so perhaps they have
improved the design since I installed their previous model many many
years ago?

Reading between the lines at....
http://www.surestop.co.uk/owners/about/

My Surestop is the original design. It looks as if it was redesigned in
2008 for 0 bar operation so my observation about not fully shutting off
unless a tap is fully opened may no longer be true with the later design.

Thanks. That was good reading.

--
Adam

Stopcock not working, can't turn water off in street? what to do? [email protected] UK diy 27 December 21st 04 03:36 PM
'Packing' a stopcock? Richard Blackwood UK diy 7 December 11th 04 04:28 PM
Leak - this time it's from the stopcock JM UK diy 7 November 6th 04 10:47 PM
Moving a stopcock Lamb UK diy 1 February 15th 04 07:40 PM
Stuck stopcock Steve Loft UK diy 17 January 13th 04 04:15 PM