Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT The totalitarian state.

On Wednesday, 19 December 2018 10:01:57 UTC, TimW wrote:
On 18/12/2018 11:40, tabbypurr wrote:
On Tuesday, 18 December 2018 10:44:35 UTC, TimW wrote:

totally wrong to dismiss the rights of Scots and
Irish and Welsh in the UK like all brexiters do.

TW

odd claim.

That's what nationalism is. It claims to be liberating you from some
empire, but at the same time it oppresses any smaller nation which is
inside it's 'national' boundary. Scotland voted overwhelmingly remain.
Don't you respect the will of the Scottish people? You should.

I guess it boils down to some serious naivete in the end.

The actual evidence is that it is brexiters who have been gullible and
overdone the 'koolaid' in your phrase. Here is a list of lies about the
EU from the British press over the years. People still believe them.
Maybe you do.

https://blogs.ec.europa.eu/ECintheUK...ths-a-z-index/

TW

that you think that list somehow relevant demonstrates that you don't understand the core point of brexit.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/12/2018 11:10, Rod Speed wrote:

"TimW" wrote in message
news

[...]
The actual evidence is that it is brexiters who have been gullible and
overdone the 'koolaid' in your phrase. Here is a list of lies about
the EU from the British press over the years. People still believe
them. Maybe you do.

https://blogs.ec.europa.eu/ECintheUK...ths-a-z-index/

Irrelevant to the fact that the majority who bothered to vote,
voted to leave.

A claim so obviously at odds with all sense and logic that it doesn't
even need rebutting - that thousands of false stories in the press over
twenty years made no difference to voting. !!

Rod! Shameless! Wash your mouth out with soap!

TW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/12/2018 11:15, wrote:
On Wednesday, 19 December 2018 10:01:57 UTC, TimW wrote:

[...]

The actual evidence is that it is brexiters who have been gullible and
overdone the 'koolaid' in your phrase. Here is a list of lies about the
EU from the British press over the years. People still believe them.
Maybe you do.

https://blogs.ec.europa.eu/ECintheUK...ths-a-z-index/

TW

that you think that list somehow relevant demonstrates that you don't understand the core point of brexit.

We had someone here in ukdiy last week saying that we have to leave the
EU because they have plans to make Sussex part of Normandy or some such
nonsense. I think they even found the Daily Mail article as evidence.
How can that possibly be irrelevant?

TW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 19 December 2018 11:23:29 UTC, TimW wrote:
On 19/12/2018 11:15, tabbypurr wrote:
On Wednesday, 19 December 2018 10:01:57 UTC, TimW wrote:

The actual evidence is that it is brexiters who have been gullible and
overdone the 'koolaid' in your phrase. Here is a list of lies about the
EU from the British press over the years. People still believe them.
Maybe you do.

https://blogs.ec.europa.eu/ECintheUK...ths-a-z-index/

TW

that you think that list somehow relevant demonstrates that you don't understand the core point of brexit.

We had someone here in ukdiy last week saying that we have to leave the
EU because they have plans to make Sussex part of Normandy or some such
nonsense. I think they even found the Daily Mail article as evidence.
How can that possibly be irrelevant?

TW

It has nothing to do with the reasons for brexit.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"TimW" wrote in message
news
On 19/12/2018 11:10, Rod Speed wrote:

"TimW" wrote in message
news

[...]
The actual evidence is that it is brexiters who have been gullible and
overdone the 'koolaid' in your phrase. Here is a list of lies about the
EU from the British press over the years. People still believe them.
Maybe you do.

https://blogs.ec.europa.eu/ECintheUK...ths-a-z-index/

Irrelevant to the fact that the majority who bothered to vote, voted to
leave.

A claim so obviously at odds with all sense and logic

Yeah, **** democracy. No surprise that you dont
give a **** about the lack of that in the EU.

that it doesn't even need rebutting

You never could bull**** and lie your way out of a wet paper bag.

- that thousands of false stories in the press over twenty years made no
difference to voting. !!

Corse there was never a single lie about
what would happen after brexit, eh ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/12/2018 11:27, wrote:
[...]

He said it did. Boris himself has cited the mythical banana directives
when campaigning for Brexit. But you say they are irrelevant?

Much of the list is laughable but it's hardly irrelevant if the EU is
portrayed as issuing foolish and wasteful directives. Some of the list
is extremely serious. A lot of people are exercised about Fishing, the
CAP, Defence and security and they have often been badly misinformed.

TW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/12/2018 11:39, Rod Speed wrote:

"TimW" wrote in message
news
On 19/12/2018 11:10, Rod Speed wrote:

"TimW" wrote in message
news

[...]
The actual evidence is that it is brexiters who have been gullible
and overdone the 'koolaid' in your phrase. Here is a list of lies
about the EU from the British press over the years. People still
believe them. Maybe you do.

https://blogs.ec.europa.eu/ECintheUK...ths-a-z-index/

Irrelevant to the fact that the majority who bothered to vote, voted
to leave.

A claim so obviously at odds with all sense and logic

Yeah, **** democracy. No surprise that you dont
give a **** about the lack of that in the EU.

that it doesn't even need rebutting

You never could bull**** and lie your way out of a wet paper bag.

- that thousands of false stories in the press over twenty years made
no difference to voting. !!

Corse there was never a single lie about
what would happen after brexit, eh ?

What-aboutery.
About as lame a way to conduct an argument as there is.

TW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"TimW" wrote in message
news
On 19/12/2018 11:27, wrote:
[...]

Just as true of the Project Fear lies that all planes will stop
flying, everyone will starve, everyone on meds will all die
when they can no longer get their meds anymore, the
economy will implode completely etc etc etc.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Wed, 19 Dec 2018 23:19:53 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

You never could bull**** and lie your way out of a wet paper bag.

It's obvious that you KEEP bull****ting your way into your grave, senile
Ozzie troll!

--
about senile Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 19 Dec 2018 23:13:58 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

He said it did. Boris himself has cited the mythical banana directives
when campaigning for Brexit. But you say they are irrelevant?

Much of the list is laughable but it's hardly irrelevant if the EU is
portrayed as issuing foolish and wasteful directives. Some of the list is
extremely serious. A lot of people are exercised about Fishing, the CAP,
Defence and security and they have often been badly misinformed.

Just as true of the Project Fear lies that all planes will stop
flying, everyone will starve, everyone on meds will all die
when they can no longer get their meds anymore, the
economy will implode completely etc etc etc.

Completely different things, senile Ozzie cretin!

--
Richard addressing Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/12/2018 12:13, Rod Speed wrote:

"TimW" wrote in message
news
On Wednesday, 19 December 2018 10:01:57 UTC, TimWÂ* wrote:

[...]

Rod. You are posting untruths again. What the remain campaign said at
the time of the referendum was very mild and largely true. That was
because nobody thought we would be crazy enough to contemplate a 'crash
out' scenario.

The worries about flights, and massive delays to cross channel traffic
causing shortages are all around the nightmare of the abrupt end,
no-deal and no interim arrangements. The arrangement the Tories are now
threatening us with if they don't get support for their plan. I wonder
if they are bluffing?

TW

TW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
wrote:
We had someone here in ukdiy last week saying that we have to leave the
EU because they have plans to make Sussex part of Normandy or some such
nonsense. I think they even found the Daily Mail article as evidence.
How can that possibly be irrelevant?

TW

It has nothing to do with the reasons for brexit.

ITYM *your* reasons for Brexit. Which seem to be very different depending
on the person.

--
*The most wasted day of all is one in which we have not laughed.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"TimW" wrote in message
news
On 19/12/2018 12:13, Rod Speed wrote:

"TimW" wrote in message
news
On 19/12/2018 11:27, wrote:
[...]

You have always lied thru your ****ing teeth and are doing so again.

What the remain campaign said at the time of the referendum was very mild

Bare faced lie with all of those I listed.

and largely true.

Bare faced lies with all of those I listed.

That was because nobody thought we would be crazy enough to contemplate a
'crash out' scenario.

Yet another bare faced lie.

The worries about flights, and massive delays to cross channel traffic
causing shortages are all around the nightmare of the abrupt end, no-deal
and no interim arrangements.

The EU has already proved that to be a lie. There will always be
interim arrangements, if only because it isnt in the EUs interest
to have all planes flying between the EU and UK stop flying etc.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46617152

The arrangement the Tories are now threatening us with if they don't get
support for their plan.

Just another bare faced lie. The Tories dont get to
threaten anyone with anything, its the parliament
that decides if there is a no deal brexit or not.

I wonder if they are bluffing?

Doesnt matter, a no deal brexit will work fine, you watch.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46617152