DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   How does a thermocouple have enough power to operate a gas valve? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/626939-re-how-does-thermocouple-have-enough-power-operate-gas-valve.html)

Fred Johnson December 13th 18 09:03 PM

How does a thermocouple have enough power to operate a gas valve?

On Sun, 09 Dec 2018 18:29:19 -0000, Max Demian wrote:

On 09/12/2018 16:40, Bruce Farquhar wrote:
A thermocouple produces enough to power a spacecraft?!? Or just for
some small electronics?

They can generate up to a few hundred watts, enough for the electronics,
instruments and transmitter:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radioi...tric_generator

A few of those could power a house.

Rod Speed December 13th 18 11:08 PM

wrote:

On 09/12/2018 16:40, Bruce Farquhar wrote:
A thermocouple produces enough to power a spacecraft?!? Or just for
some small electronics?

They can generate up to a few hundred watts, enough for the electronics,
instruments and transmitter:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radioi...tric_generator

A few of those could power a house.

Don't even need a few with the ones that powered remote lighthouses.
That's why a few did get stolen to power remote fishing/hunting shacks etc.

Peeler[_2_] December 13th 18 11:28 PM

Lonely Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Fri, 14 Dec 2018 10:08:36 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

FLUSH all the idiotic drivel unread again

....and f'up to alt.idiots!
--
Another typical retarded conversation between our two village idiots,
Birdbrain and Rot Speed:

Birdbrain: "You beat me to it. Plain sex is boring."

Senile Rot: "Then **** the cats. That wont be boring."

Birdbrain: "Sell me a de-clawing tool first."

Senile Rot: "Wont help with the teeth."

Birdbrain: "They've never gone for me with their mouths."

Rot Speed: "They will if you are stupid enough to try ****ing them."

Birdbrain: "No, they always use claws."

Rot Speed: "They wont if you try ****ing them. Try it and see."

Kristy Ogilvie December 15th 18 10:49 PM

wrote:

On 09/12/2018 16:40, Bruce Farquhar wrote:
A thermocouple produces enough to power a spacecraft?!? Or just for
some small electronics?

They can generate up to a few hundred watts, enough for the electronics,
instruments and transmitter:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radioi...tric_generator

A few of those could power a house.

Don't even need a few with the ones that powered remote lighthouses.
That's why a few did get stolen to power remote fishing/hunting shacks etc.

Naughty fishermen? Never.