Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default nuclear thermal generators, was: How does a thermocouple ...

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 21:31:15 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

"William Gothberg" "William wrote in message
news
On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 18:59:29 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

"William Gothberg" "William wrote in message
news On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 17:57:01 -0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , William Gothberg
wrote:

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 14:58:06 -0000, Tim Streater

wrote:

In article , Liam Roberts
wrote:

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 08:57:06 -0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

That puts the plague pretty high up your list of 'superior
species'.

But its IQ is about 0.0000001. And it's not a species, it's even
less
than
plant.

It is, I'm afraid. From Winky:

"Plague is an infectious disease caused by the bacterium Yersinia
pestis."

Bacteria is not equal to plant. Neither is yeast, mould, fungus, etc.

It's still a species, though, which is what we're discussing.

Not a significant one.

Corse it is given how many it killed.

Most people do not use "species" to include once cell organisms.

Yes, most are indeed that pig ignorant. They are a species anyway.

They're completely insignificant. A handful of soil contains more micro-organisms than number of humans on the planet, but we don't give a **** about them.

Nobody cares if we make a fungus extinct,

The worst of the fools do.

The worst of the fools can be ignored. They're generally recognised by the Greenpeace sticker on their car window.

but we do when a tiger goes extinct.

The worst of the fools care that the dodo is extinct too.

That would be like you asking me to collect all the leaves from your
driveway, and I miss a few tiny little ones, while collecting all the
huge ones cut from your hedge.

Size has nothing to do with it.

Small leaves are insignificant when tidying up a driveway.

Small species like the plague and smallpox and polio
and ebola are nothing even remotely like insignificant.

They are when worrying about extinction.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 14:58:06 -0000, Tim Streater

wrote:

wrote:

That puts the plague pretty high up your list of 'superior
species'.

But its IQ is about 0.0000001. And it's not a species, it's even
less
than
plant.

It is, I'm afraid. From Winky:

"Plague is an infectious disease caused by the bacterium Yersinia
pestis."

Bacteria is not equal to plant. Neither is yeast, mould, fungus,
etc.

It's still a species, though, which is what we're discussing.

Not a significant one.

Corse it is given how many it killed.

Most people do not use "species" to include once cell organisms.

Yes, most are indeed that pig ignorant. They are a species anyway.

They're completely insignificant.

None of the plague, smallpox, flu, polio, ebola etc are.

A handful of soil contains more micro-organisms than number of humans on
the planet, but we don't give a **** about them.

Because they arent plague, smallpox, flu, polio, ebola etc.

Nobody cares if we make a fungus extinct,

The worst of the fools do.

The worst of the fools can be ignored. They're generally recognised by
the Greenpeace sticker on their car window.

None of ours have one.

but we do when a tiger goes extinct.

The worst of the fools care that the dodo is extinct too.

That would be like you asking me to collect all the leaves from your
driveway, and I miss a few tiny little ones, while collecting all the
huge ones cut from your hedge.

Size has nothing to do with it.

Small leaves are insignificant when tidying up a driveway.

Small species like the plague and smallpox and polio
and ebola are nothing even remotely like insignificant.

They are when worrying about extinction.

Wrong, as always. We have already extincted smallpox
in the wild and will do that with polio sometime too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default Lonely Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Wed, 19 Dec 2018 07:56:05 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

Wrong, as always.

Those three words would make the perfect nym for you, senile asshole!

--
pamela about Rot Speed:
"His off the cuff expertise demonstrates how little he knows..."