Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default nuclear thermal generators, was: How does a thermocouple ...

"Kristy Ogilvie" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 09:04:06 -0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 15/12/2018 22:50, Kristy Ogilvie wrote:
Why do you think humans rule the earth?

As in "what leads you to that conclusion".

PLANTS rule te earth and invented humans to deal with their waste
problem, namely oil and coal which we are supposed to burn and turn back
in to plant food , or Carbon Dioxide as we call it.

I agree on that, the "greenies" trying to stop us providing air for the
plants to breathe is insane. What could possibly be wrong with bigger
crops?

Afterr plants, cats rule the world. Eny Fule kno that.

Only if you let them. Mine do what they're told if they want fed. Cats
are thick as **** and can't look after themselves, so they'd better be
nice to me. For example I have two which try to drink water out of a tap
when it's switched off. They can't turn it on themselves, and just lick
it, get irritated, then sit silently waiting for me to turn it on for
them, even though there's fresh water in a bowl I put down 2 minutes ago.
I don't turn the tap on anymore, it's getting annoying when I forget to
turn it off and it runs all night then wakes me up.

and loads of other species went extinct?

Loads of other species have beeing going extinct long before Man
appeared.

And at a much faster rate since we we here.

Only with a few species. With plenty of others there are now
far more than there ever were before, most obviously with
dogs, cats, horses, cattle, sheep, goats, chooks, turkeys etc.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I was only referring to the number of species. That's what's important. If you have 2000 dogs and 2000 cats, all is fine. If tomorrow you have 4000 dogs and 0 cats, you aren't doing as well, as you can never make another cat.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 20:03:23 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

"Kristy Ogilvie" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 09:06:12 -0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 15/12/2018 22:52, Kristy Ogilvie wrote:
On Thu, 13 Dec 2018 17:14:15 -0000, Rod Speed
wrote:

But no one has ever nicked any used fuel rods
being moved for reprocessing in the west.

I don't believe you.

Occasionally by some fresakl of nature Rod speed is vctaully correct.

Used fuel rods are virtually useless and somewhat dangerous. And covered
by so muuch tracking paperwork it is inconcievable that any went missing
unnoticed.

Behind the iron curtain all bets are of course off.

But I thought spent fuel was used for making weapons.

Only in places like North Korea. In the first world they have
dedicated nukes to make whats used in bombs because
those do it much better than power generation nukes.

Its only the dregs of the world that can afford dedicated
nukes for producing whats used in bombs.

So used fuel rods are not useless then.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Not its not. Doesn't matter a damn if a large number of obscure
insect species are now extinct because we have been pretty gung
ho in the use of insecticide since we invented those.

If you have 2000 dogs and 2000 cats, all is fine. If tomorrow you have
4000 dogs and 0 cats, you aren't doing as well, as you can never make
another cat.

We havent extincted anything that matters.

The dodo is gone, whoopy ****ing do. It was always
a complete dud anyway, that's why its now extinct.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

But no one has ever nicked any used fuel rods
being moved for reprocessing in the west.

I don't believe you.

Occasionally by some fresakl of nature Rod speed is vctaully correct.

Used fuel rods are virtually useless and somewhat dangerous. And
covered
by so muuch tracking paperwork it is inconcievable that any went
missing
unnoticed.

Behind the iron curtain all bets are of course off.

But I thought spent fuel was used for making weapons.

Only in places like North Korea. In the first world they have
dedicated nukes to make whats used in bombs because
those do it much better than power generation nukes.

Its only the dregs of the world that can afford dedicated
nukes for producing whats used in bombs.

So used fuel rods are not useless then.

No one said they are useless, but they don't get stolen enough
to matter and trivial to ensure none get stolen except in the
dregs of the world like russia and you need to do a lot more
than steal a few used fuel rods to make a weapon.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 21:07:49 -0000, Tim Streater wrote:

wrote:

But no one has ever nicked any used fuel rods
being moved for reprocessing in the west.

I don't believe you.

Occasionally by some fresakl of nature Rod speed is vctaully correct.

Used fuel rods are virtually useless and somewhat dangerous. And covered
by so muuch tracking paperwork it is inconcievable that any went missing
unnoticed.

Behind the iron curtain all bets are of course off.

But I thought spent fuel was used for making weapons.

Only in places like North Korea. In the first world they have
dedicated nukes to make whats used in bombs because
those do it much better than power generation nukes.

Its only the dregs of the world that can afford dedicated
nukes for producing whats used in bombs.

So used fuel rods are not useless then.

No, AIUI only 1% of the fuel in the rod will have been used, the rod
can be reprocessed and unused fuel extracted. Whether it's worth doing
that just yet is another matter.

https://www.ucsusa.org/nuclear-power...r-reprocessing

"Reprocessing is a series of chemical operations that separates plutonium and uranium from other nuclear waste contained in the used (or €śspent€ť) fuel from nuclear power reactors. The separated plutonium can be used to fuel reactors, but also to make nuclear weapons. In the late 1970s, the United States decided on nuclear non-proliferation grounds not to reprocess spent fuel from U.S. power reactors, but instead to directly dispose of it in a deep underground geologic repository where it would remain isolated from the environment for at least tens of thousands of years."
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

It might not be the rods, maybe it's the other waste.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I agree, but my original point was humans are the superior species because we don't go extinct.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default Lonely Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 07:06:51 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

What is this bull**** now about again, you driveling subnormal idiots? LOL

--
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp addressing Rot Speed:
"You really are a clueless pillock."
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 07:03:23 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

Its only the dregs of the world

Yep, obnxious filthy trolls like you and him, senile Rot!

--
Another retarded "conversation" between Birdbrain and senile Rot:

Senile Rot: " Did you ever dig a hole to bury your own ****?"

Birdbrain: "I do if there's no flush toilet around."

Senile Rot: "Yeah, I prefer camping like that, off by myself with
no dunnys around and have always buried the ****."

MID:

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default Troll-feeding Senile IDIOT Alert!

On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 21:07:49 +0000, Dim Streater, an especially retarded,
troll-feeding, troll-feeding senile idiot, blathered:

Whether it's worth doing that just yet is another matter.

Are we talking about a senile idiot like you feeding an idiotic troll like
him, Dim?
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

"Kristy Ogilvie" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 16 Dec 2018 21:07:49 -0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Irrelevant to the fact that very little of what gets used
in weapons comes from reprocessed used fuel rods.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Nope. The other waste doesn't have what you need for weapons.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Cockroaches havent gone extinct either and even you
should have notice that they arent the superior species.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 08:48:59 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

FLUSH most of the senile troll****

The dodo is gone, whoopy ****ing do. It was always
a complete dud anyway, that's why its now extinct.

So will YOU be ...SOON, you 85-year-old senile pest!

--
Richard addressing Rot Speed:
MID:

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 09:19:14 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

Cockroaches havent gone extinct either

Yes, you two are a case in point!

--
FredXX to Rot Speed:
"You are still an idiot and an embarrassment to your country. No wonder
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 09:17:02 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

Irrelevant

You 85-year-old useless senile idiot obviously are, especially in real life!
BG

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 08:51:05 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

No one said they are useless

I ALWAYS say the two of you are useless ...UTTERLY useless ...like ALL scum!

--
Another retarded "conversation" between Birdbrain and senile Rot:

Senile Rot: " Did you ever dig a hole to bury your own ****?"

Birdbrain: "I do if there's no flush toilet around."

Senile Rot: "Yeah, I prefer camping like that, off by myself with
no dunnys around and have always buried the ****."

MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 09:17:50 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

Nope. The other waste doesn't have what you need for weapons.

BOTH of you are WASTE! And NEITHER of you got what is needed to be a
normally evolved human!

--
Cursitor Doom about Rot Speed:
"The man is a conspicuous and unashamed ignoramus."
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 16/12/2018 16:12, Kristy Ogilvie wrote:
Apart from natural disasters - as we were discussing inferior species
going away, not being destroyed suddenly by something they have no power
to be immune to.

Were we?

What is an 'inferior species'?

One that dies at the hands of a 'superior species'?

That puts the plague pretty high up your list of 'superior species'.

And German Jews in WWII rather far down.

Is that really a helpful model of the way natural humanity interacts
with the *rest* of the natural world?

--
Socialism is the philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the
gospel of envy.

Its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery.

Winston Churchill

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On 16/12/2018 20:53, Kristy Ogilvie wrote:
was only referring to the number of species.Â* That's what's important.

Why?

If you have 2000 dogs and 2000 cats, all is fine.

****ing isn't. Id go mad...

If tomorrow you have
4000 dogs and 0 cats, you aren't doing as well, as you can never make
another cat.

Some would count that a blessing.

How about smallpox? Should we reintroduce it for 'diversity'
..

--
"What do you think about Gay Marriage?"
"I don't."

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 08:57:06 +0000, The Natural Idiot, drooled and driveled
again:

Were we?

What is an 'inferior species'?

Trolls like him are inferior, The Natural Idiot! And their troll-feeding
senile counterparts obviously are too, troll-feeding senile idiot!

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 08:58:40 +0000, The Natural Idiot drooled and driveled
again:

was only referring to the number of species.* That's what's important.

Why?

....to see whether you are demented and senile enough to take his latest
idiotic bait, Natural Idiot! G
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 08:58:40 -0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 16/12/2018 20:53, Kristy Ogilvie wrote:
was only referring to the number of species. That's what's important.

Why?

Read on and I explained it.

If you have 2000 dogs and 2000 cats, all is fine.

****ing isn't. Id go mad...

I never said in your house, it could be a wildlife park.

If tomorrow you have
4000 dogs and 0 cats, you aren't doing as well, as you can never make
another cat.

Some would count that a blessing.

Cats are superior to dogs, they don't bark, don't need taking for a walk, and don't attack visitors.

How about smallpox? Should we reintroduce it for 'diversity'

Too small to be considered sentient.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 08:57:06 -0000, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 16/12/2018 16:12, Kristy Ogilvie wrote:
Apart from natural disasters - as we were discussing inferior species
going away, not being destroyed suddenly by something they have no power
to be immune to.

Were we?

Yes. In the bit you snipped.

What is an 'inferior species'?

One that has less intelligence.

One that dies at the hands of a 'superior species'?

Yes.

That puts the plague pretty high up your list of 'superior species'.

But it's IQ is about 0.0000001. And it's not a species, it's even less than a plant.

And German Jews in WWII rather far down.

Very far down, they believe in god, that makes them as bright as an amoeba.

Is that really a helpful model of the way natural humanity interacts
with the *rest* of the natural world?

Very much so.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 14:58:06 -0000, Tim Streater wrote:

wrote:

That puts the plague pretty high up your list of 'superior species'.

But its IQ is about 0.0000001. And it's not a species, it's even less than a
plant.

It is, I'm afraid. From Winky:

"Plague is an infectious disease caused by the bacterium Yersinia
pestis."

Bacteria is not equal to plant. Neither is yeast, mould, fungus, etc.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 17:57:01 -0000, Tim Streater wrote:

In article , William Gothberg
wrote:

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 14:58:06 -0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

wrote:

That puts the plague pretty high up your list of 'superior species'.

But its IQ is about 0.0000001. And it's not a species, it's even less than
plant.

It is, I'm afraid. From Winky:

"Plague is an infectious disease caused by the bacterium Yersinia
pestis."

Bacteria is not equal to plant. Neither is yeast, mould, fungus, etc.

It's still a species, though, which is what we're discussing.

Not a significant one. That would be like you asking me to collect all the leaves from your driveway, and I miss a few tiny little ones, while collecting all the huge ones cut from your hedge.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

news

wrote:

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 14:58:06 -0000, Tim Streater

wrote:

wrote:

That puts the plague pretty high up your list of 'superior species'.

But its IQ is about 0.0000001. And it's not a species, it's even less
than
plant.

It is, I'm afraid. From Winky:

"Plague is an infectious disease caused by the bacterium Yersinia
pestis."

Bacteria is not equal to plant. Neither is yeast, mould, fungus, etc.

It's still a species, though, which is what we're discussing.

Not a significant one.

Corse it is given how many it killed.

That would be like you asking me to collect all the leaves from your
driveway, and I miss a few tiny little ones, while collecting all the huge
ones cut from your hedge.

Size has nothing to do with it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 14:58:06 +0000, Dim Streater, an especially retarded,
troll-feeding, troll-feeding senile idiot, blathered:

It is, I'm afraid. From Winky:

"Plague is an infectious disease caused by the bacterium Yersinia
pestis."

Unable to wean your senile cocksucking gob away from the unwashed Scottish
******'s dick, Dim? G
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 17:57:01 +0000, Dim Streater, an especially retarded,
troll-feeding, troll-feeding senile idiot, blathered:

Bacteria is not equal to plant. Neither is yeast, mould, fungus, etc.

It's still a species, though, which is what we're discussing.

You recognize your favourite troll by his stench, right, Dim? At the latest
when you start sucking him off! BG

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 14:58:06 -0000, Tim Streater
wrote:

wrote:

That puts the plague pretty high up your list of 'superior species'.

But its IQ is about 0.0000001. And it's not a species, it's even less
than a plant.

It is, I'm afraid. From Winky:

"Plague is an infectious disease caused by the bacterium Yersinia
pestis."

Bacteria is not equal to plant. Neither is yeast, mould, fungus, etc.

It's still a species, though, which is what we're discussing.

Not a significant one.

Good. So you agree it's a species.

Irrelevant, see "your list of 'superior species'" still quoted above.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 14:58:06 -0000, Tim Streater

wrote:

wrote:

That puts the plague pretty high up your list of 'superior species'.

But its IQ is about 0.0000001. And it's not a species, it's even less
than
plant.

It is, I'm afraid. From Winky:

"Plague is an infectious disease caused by the bacterium Yersinia
pestis."

Bacteria is not equal to plant. Neither is yeast, mould, fungus, etc.

It's still a species, though, which is what we're discussing.

Not a significant one.

Corse it is given how many it killed.

Most people do not use "species" to include once cell organisms. Nobody cares if we make a fungus extinct, but we do when a tiger goes extinct.

That would be like you asking me to collect all the leaves from your
driveway, and I miss a few tiny little ones, while collecting all the huge
ones cut from your hedge.

Size has nothing to do with it.

Small leaves are insignificant when tidying up a driveway.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default Troll-feeding Senile BRIT Alert!

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 19:26:11 +0000, Dim Streater, an especially retarded,
troll-feeding, troll-feeding senile idiot, blathered:

Not a significant one.

Good. So you agree it's a species.

Sucking him off, YET again, Dim, you disgusting senile sucker of troll cock?
Can't you ever get enough of it?
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 18 Dec 2018 05:59:29 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,

What kind of BULL**** is THAT again? LMAO! Bunch of prize idiots! LOL

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 14:58:06 -0000, Tim Streater

wrote:

wrote:

That puts the plague pretty high up your list of 'superior
species'.

But its IQ is about 0.0000001. And it's not a species, it's even
less
than
plant.

It is, I'm afraid. From Winky:

"Plague is an infectious disease caused by the bacterium Yersinia
pestis."

Bacteria is not equal to plant. Neither is yeast, mould, fungus, etc.

It's still a species, though, which is what we're discussing.

Not a significant one.

Corse it is given how many it killed.

Most people do not use "species" to include once cell organisms.

Yes, most are indeed that pig ignorant. They are a species anyway.

Nobody cares if we make a fungus extinct,

The worst of the fools do.

but we do when a tiger goes extinct.

The worst of the fools care that the dodo is extinct too.

That would be like you asking me to collect all the leaves from your
driveway, and I miss a few tiny little ones, while collecting all the
huge ones cut from your hedge.

Size has nothing to do with it.

Small leaves are insignificant when tidying up a driveway.

Small species like the plague and smallpox and polio
and ebola are nothing even remotely like insignificant.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Tim Streater wrote:
In article , William Gothberg

Most people do not use "species" to include once cell organisms.

Don't wriggle.

And dont feed trolls...

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 21:33:46 -0000, Tim+ wrote:

Tim Streater wrote:
In article , William Gothberg

Most people do not use "species" to include once cell organisms.

Don't wriggle.

And dont feed trolls...

Get your own killfile.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

wrote:

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 18:59:29 -0000, Rod Speed wrote:

"William Gothberg" "William wrote in message
news On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 17:57:01 -0000, Tim Streater

wrote:

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 14:58:06 -0000, Tim Streater

wrote:

wrote:

That puts the plague pretty high up your list of 'superior species'.

But its IQ is about 0.0000001. And it's not a species, it's even less
than
plant.

It is, I'm afraid. From Winky:

"Plague is an infectious disease caused by the bacterium Yersinia
pestis."

Bacteria is not equal to plant. Neither is yeast, mould, fungus, etc.

It's still a species, though, which is what we're discussing.

Not a significant one.

Corse it is given how many it killed.

Most people do not use "species" to include once cell organisms.

Don't wriggle.

Lose your OCD.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 21:16:36 +0000, Dim Streater, an especially retarded,
troll-feeding, troll-feeding senile idiot, blathered:

Most people do not use "species" to include once cell organisms.

Don't wriggle.

He HAS to, every time you suck so hard, cocksucking Dim!
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 18 Dec 2018 08:31:15 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

FLUSH all the unbelievably idiotic drivel

--
Another typical retarded conversation between our two village idiots,
Birdbrain and Rot Speed:

Birdbrain: "You beat me to it. Plain sex is boring."

Senile Rot: "Then **** the cats. That wont be boring."

Birdbrain: "Sell me a de-clawing tool first."

Senile Rot: "Wont help with the teeth."

Birdbrain: "They've never gone for me with their mouths."

Rot Speed: "They will if you are stupid enough to try ****ing them."

Birdbrain: "No, they always use claws."

Rot Speed: "They wont if you try ****ing them. Try it and see."